JAS 10.4.8 problems: VMWARE + ISO

14 posts in this topic

Hey there, it took me two days to finally get the file.

I mounted the iso through daemon tools. Setuped a new virtual machine through VMware. Changed the CD location to the virtual cd drive. Then ran from the cd. Everything looks fine until... I got the error:

"Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 8, trying /sbin/mach_init

Load of /sbin/launchd, errno 8"

I tried reseting it over and over, but it keeps saying the same error.

I also tried burning the ISO with magicISO, powerISO, and ultraISO, but it only managed to copy these files:

BOOT.

BOOT.CAT

BOOT0.

BOOTH1H.

BOOT1U.

BOOTHELP.TXT

CDBOOT.

CHAIN0.

Appoximately 128KB total...

Where did the rest go?

Is there something wrong with the ISO?

IDK...let me know...

Thanks

Because you can see only the ISO part of the disk, there is another part that is in HFS+, for that you need a Mac OS to see it or TrasnMac or MacDrive.

About the error, could be a bad Image, or wrong specs.

Could be my specs, but i'm not sure...

I have a Toshiba Satellite M55 Laptop

Xp home SP2

Intel Pentium M 740

Chipset: Intel i915GMS/i910GML

1.73GHz

MMX, SSE, SSE2

100GB HD

512RAM

I figured I downloaded JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 because it says SSE2.

Alright, I managed to get passed the error message by using Alcohol120% to mount the image.

While it is still loading, this warning message caught my attention:

untitled.bmp

After that, it starts off fine, but it keeps saying this message:

untitled1.bmp

I tried going into Disk Utilities, but it just shuts down...

Anybody know how to resolve this problem?

Thanks

OK so this isnt very helpful but I have the same problem. I have tried to mount the tool with Dameon tools and as an ISO in VMware. I have tried some other sugestions that were given on the forums, tried putting the Hard Drive and DVD-Drive on the same IDE chain in VMWare, I have tried using a Virtual Drive and a Real ahrd Drive. I am at the end of my rope and I can think of any other ways to get to 10.4.8. I can install 10.4.6 just fine but 10.4.8 just doesnt want to install on my computer.

If any one has overcome this and can tell us it would be a great help.

Dell GX260 (Saving up for my MacPro)

BIOS A09

2.2 GHz P4

768MB RAM

NVidia FX5200 128MB

I also have exactly the same problem!

My lapto is Acer Aspire with Intel SSE2 instructions set. If I try to boot straight from the DVD it gives me an error saying "System config file 'com.apple.Boot.plist' not found" and If I use vmware to load the iso it gives brings out this error window as dabarrelman68 has got.

I would really appreciate if someone could really show us the right path to install MAC.

Thanks

Probably bad download, I downlaed 4 different ISO's till I got one that would boot and load the os.

Some came close but noGUI, I deleted them and downloaded fromanother source.

that worked fine.

After a month of downloading and wasting time, I finally got onw thay works.

I give up trying to install osx86 for now...lol.

I burnt it on a DVD, the installer finally popped up, but it kept crashing when it was installing JAVA.

I restarted my laptop after taking out the DVD and the Darwin bootloader(?) couldn't let me go back to XP.

Luckily I have MiniPE and had a ghost image of my stuff before I tried this :-)

GL getting it to work you guys...just keep trying.

As for me, I'll be back...one day

-Dabarrelman

I also have exactly the same problem!

My lapto is Acer Aspire with Intel SSE2 instructions set. If I try to boot straight from the DVD it gives me an error saying "System config file 'com.apple.Boot.plist' not found" and If I use vmware to load the iso it gives brings out this error window as dabarrelman68 has got.

I would really appreciate if someone could really show us the right path to install MAC.

Thanks

Hmm...I had the same problem, too.

when you first boot from the DVD, press F8. A little command line will show up and type in -v

Then press enter.

Hope that helps :-)

Hmm...I had the same problem, too.

when you first boot from the DVD, press F8. A little command line will show up and type in -v

Then press enter.

Hope that helps :-)

I tried the same thing but it just wouldn't want to load from the DVD with any options whatsoever -v, -x, -f, -v -s etc. even ? wouldn't bring any output other than the not found error message.

However using VMWare I managed to go a little bit forward and I am trying different DVD's as I am writing and will post my reponses, for some reason I think most of the downloads I did were not corrupted. Reason behind this thinking is that I downloaded one iso and got its md5 and redownloaded the same iso again and again got the same md5, so I think there might not be a corruption problem or maybe it is god knows, I wonder why would people corrupt critical things like these makes you so angry.

Hopefully it gets installed soon, i am really hoping so.

Thnkas!

• 2 weeks later...

hei guys iam so happy case how boot complete to me the best best best of MacOsx copy

JaS.Mac.OS.X.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.PPF.1.Defiant.diskutil.biker880.ich7-R.patch.Integrate

no problem with me :thumbsdown_anim:

ahmad,