A History of OSx86 – Part I

Swad

81 posts in this topic

I would like to invite anyone who was around at the beginning of OSx86 to contact me. I have been given permission to host this article by swad on my website, and am looking to expand it with the personal experiences of anyone who was around in the old days. I don't care if you were a moderator or not, I'm looking for personal accounts as well as people to fill in some gaps. Please contact me through my profile, thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Booting, hell, writing the boot sector was the problem, wrong tips, incomplete ones, I wouldn't have the patience anymore

Yes, I know, in my house, my dad has a real MacBook Air 2011,

OSx86 is for me just a great pastime and a game, maybe even a test for myself.

What happens here, just talk with the community, and I find it very interesting!

This is not tonymacx86, here we only puts to the test the ability of users ......to find that in the end.....we all know a little better the PC and Mac!

...and for you all?

Micky

Well said, and, in fact, we can see that Apple understands this and doesn't prosecute amateurs, but they did stop those who wanted to make it a commerce.

They know very well that the real answer to piracy isn't bullying people, the way Microsoft does, but making better products and that's what they're doing.

A bit of Hackintosh only makes real Macs more popular, most do it for the challenge, very few to spare a little money, of course they can't say "It's OK", but it's obviously tolerated.

• Like 2