the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch

135 posts in this topic

Yes stuck to vesa 3.0 so for the mo i need the gforce as i like to play ut2004 and thats the only reason i still got windows to be honest was reading things about the ati cards tho , was thinking of buying a x600 pro to try out

any info would be brill thx

since the powermacs (current and discontinued) models have been using nvidia products heavily, i think it is logical that the trend will continue on x86 hardware, at which time we will have some nvidia files to play with. it could come even sooner, and that is what i am hoping for.

well..i've read these pages...can someone write a sort of step by step installation, using only 10.4.1 to get the upgade?

i mean, files requested, and command to make these file work?

i've read but there's a big chaos in my mind!!

ok.. I'm going crazy here. I try to read and do things my self but I can figure this one out.

I have successfully installed 10.4.3 Nativly on a 848P P4 with Prescott @3.4Ghz SSE3 PAE with no XD

now heres the prob.

If I boot from the hdd I get no mouse at all.

If I boot from the DVD and use this @ boot promt I get mouse and everything works:

rd=disk0s1 -v -x Platform=X86PC "Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@90"

I tried copying the kernel from the dvd to the root of the hdd and I tried rm'ing the /Lib/Pref/SysConf/Extensions.mkext & Extensions.kextcache and that didnt work either, I also repaired permissions on the hdd several times and that doesn't work either.... Please post any suggestions....

ok, I get no mouse or keyboard when I boot from the hard drive. If I boot using the DVD boot loader and set rd=disk0s1 I get keyboard and mouse... could it be the kernel extensions?

I will try moving the kernel extensions from the DVD to my hard drive and let you know what happens.

Specifically:

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on keyboard input stream.

ApplePS2Controller: Timed out on mouse input stream.

btw, I am using a Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard and Optical Mouse if it makes a difference.

Thanks

[EDIT]

ok, I did a clean install to see if maybe something just went wrong at install. No go... so I extracted the Extensions.mkext from the dvd, copied ApplePS2Controller.kext ApplePS2Keyboard.kext & ApplePS2Mouse.kext to the /sys/lib/ext/ and chmod'd & chown'd, repaired permissions on the entire volume and rebooted and I have keyboard and mouse without using the DVD.... I guess my kbd and mouse didn't like the kext's that get installed from the DVD...

• 1 month later...
Yeaaaaahhhh,

IT WORKS!!!!,Stupid me i used toast to burn it.now burned with disk utility.

Could you explain how to burn using disk utility? I followed exactly ur steps (except for the disk utility burn) with 8F1111 (no need to say I downloaded the latest oah for 8F1111) and I am stuck at resetarts....

Could you explain how to burn using disk utility? I followed exactly ur steps (except for the disk utility burn) with 8F1111 (no need to say I downloaded the latest oah for 8F1111) and I am stuck at resetarts....

i did not followed the thread, but If you want to burn your patched image with the diskutility, there are two ways:

The first diskutility is in the commandline. Lets skip this one :)

The second is the diskutility located in the subfolder of your programs. Start it up, and mount your patched

diskimage by doubleclicking on it. You will get a new "drive" now that appears in your diskutility program.

Click on it to select it, insert a blank disk and then just click on the yellow burn symbol on the upper left.

Edited by xtraa

i did not followed the thread, but If you want to burn your patched image with the diskutility, there are two ways:

The first diskutility is in the commandline. Lets skip this one :)

The second is the diskutility located in the subfolder of your programs. Start it up, and mount your patched

diskimage by doubleclicking on it. You will get a new "drive" now that appears in your diskutility program.

Click on it to select it, insert a blank disk and then just click on the yellow burn symbol on the upper left.

Thanks for the help I finally got it, I was having problems with my old BIOS so I couldn't start 8F1111 Installation, now I would like to know if I can connect ps2 keyboard.

Thanks again!