the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch

135 posts in this topic

It should be noted that this just breaks the TPM, not any other hack, slipstream of any other files.. Most people whom have reported problems are so far the AMD users, non intel based hardware or SATA users.

Best way to get it installed, use an intel based 915 or higher board, IDE, and then add everything else AFTER you have it installed.

Yes, I think some drivers need to be loaded onto the DVD to create a 'generic install' version like that 'release1' for 10.4.1.

Hi,

I'd like to know if I already installed OSXupdate.tar, can I use this DVD to upgrade my system? (or is it nesseary to do so?). Thank you in advanced. ;)

Hi yuwen_yang,

I had the same Idea, and on irc i was told that this is not possible ...pitty

:P

Testing is always done clean native install. Since that is the end result wanted and needed, that is what is being produced. You could give it a try, but PATCH the dvd files first (otherwise, you not going to get anywhere) but be warned, you may have version in compatabilies and/or lose your data. The best way would be to do a clean native install on an extra HD, then use the migrattion wizard during setup to pull your apps, data, settings from your old OS X installation.

Ok, new problem now. When It goes to boot from the DVD it says:

Push any key to instal osx86 or push F8 for additional options.

I just wait for it or push the Space Bar and it says:

Loading OSX86

It says that only for like a tenth of a second then reboots. I have tried safe mode and every other option... I have no clue.

you dont have the no execute opton and cant force pae to be enabled.So it will reboot for you until lthis issue gets ifxed.Also the OAH* files are for sse3 only right now.Sse2 user have to wait.

you dont have the no execute opton and cant force pae to be enabled.So it will reboot for you until lthis issue gets ifxed.Also the OAH* files are for sse3 only right now.Sse2 user have to wait.

There is already a SSE2 patch fro Maxxuss, as well as a no NX/XD patch. So you can install it on a system with at least SSE2 and PAE support/

There is already a SSE2 patch fro Maxxuss, as well as a no NX/XD patch. So you can install it on a system with at least SSE2 and PAE support/

ok try it and let me know if it works.Or if you get a reboot right when the kernel starts to load,I hope it works for you

enb14, this is almost exact the same thing that I get.

What are your mainboard and cpu specs?

Intel D915PCY, Geforce 6800GT 256MB, 1GB DDR2 (512x2) Pentium 4 640 (3.4 GHz), nec chipset USB PCI Card , linksys WMP54GS wireless NIC Card

Maybe the oa** only works if you have an integrated video card, as I said before I've tryied this DVD and worked on a D915GLVG motherboard with a Pentium 4 640 (3.0 GHz).

What's your setup?

followed maxxuss's guide. no joy. I don't "think" my cpu supports nx/dx but does support PAE (can anyone confirm?) so i replaced the kernel with sse2 and oah750 files. It just reboots like normal. I've got quite a collection of coasters.

Yeah its the same for all who have no nx/dx cpus the reboot,I have sse3 and no nx/dx.Instant reboot.You can install in vmware with a cpu that has pae support.I have it running there.

P.S : celeron d 310 <-- No NX/DX also use dvd-rw's

Yeah its the same for all who have no nx/dx cpus the reboot,I have sse3 and no nx/dx.Instant reboot.You can install in vmware with a cpu that has pae support.I have it running there.

P.S : use dvd-rw's

believe it or not, the walmart here does not have any dvd-rw's (no 16x dvd-r's either). Anyway i'll see about installing winblows again to run vmware. This may be a stupid question but since there is a version of vmware for linux, can it be run under darwin/macos x86?

EDIT: Is there a cpu table listing what ones do and do not support NX/DX?

believe it or not, the walmart here does not have any dvd-rw's (no 16x dvd-r's either). Anyway i'll see about installing winblows again to run vmware. This may be a stupid question but since there is a version of vmware for linux, can it be run under darwin/macos x86?

EDIT: Is there a cpu table listing what ones do and do not support NX/DX?

I dont think so about the osx vmware.

yes im sure if you google for it you will find cpu lisings

I looked but couldn't determine if mine did or didn't, just wondering how you found out.

your celeron doesnt have a J.And besides I have been working on the PAE and no nx/dx thing for afew weeks now.Trying to help get a patch ready.So I have picked up some info along the way

Re-googled, found this from 2004 (i've got socket 478) -- "All Prescott-based Pentium 4's and Celeron D processors for the desktop market, Petium M's and Celeron M's for notebooks and the whole Xeon line for servers and workstations will feature this new technology. But initially only LGA775-pin processor with E-0 stepping will receive support for NX Bit. Intel will add the letter "J" behind processors using the NX Bit technology."

I trust you, Thanks

Looks like I'm stuck out in the COLD with this one:

CPU Type: Intel® Pentium® M processor 1400MHz

CPU Features: FPU VME DE PSE TSC MSR MCE CX8 APIC SEP MTRR PGE MCA CMOV PAT CLFSH DS ACPI MMX FXSR SSE SSE2 TM EST TM2

Was fun while it lasted... So slick, stable and attractive...

Gotta stick my other Linux HD back in as this will no longer get updated...

Was wondering when I'd be locked out for good :-(

I really just wanted to run it on this notebook untill late 2006 when I could get a second gen Intel Mac notebook when the bugs are worked out and 10.5 is released...

Now I'm weighing all the pros and cons of my setup...

Apple has the right idea about how to make an OS work... Lock it down to 1 platform, just like consoles and embedded devices. The less hardware supported, the higher the stability, lower dev costs and higher overall customer satisfication.

Those of us without PAE on out notebooks may just need to tweak our current setups as good as we can to get comfortable untill:

A.) We can buy the Intel Mac notebook we want

B.) A PAE workaround is devised

C.) We switch OSes because the honeymood is over

D.) Theres always more options

I might really stay on 10.4.1 for a long time if we can get the ATI driver to support our notebooks native resolutions and some other driver hacks for power management...

No new software for a year seems like a daunting thought... A bit scary... But maybe means never breaking my system again?

My regular HD for this notebook runs RHEL4 in all its glory... Mac OS X is a treat compared too my regular dev setup. Xcode is a dream to work with too. I've run Linux only on my primary systems since 96. But I like this.

Presumably you're using a PS/2 keyboard and/or mouse. It will work with USB keyboards and mice, or possibly if you copy over the PS/2 kexts talked about elsewhere. Since I have a USB keyboard and mouse, it wasn't necessary for me.

Managed to get a USB keyboard and mouse, installation started then 50% through installing base system 1 it said error writing files, reboot and try again, did and same thing again. Imagine if I got that far the patches worked, maybe a readwrite error between my dvd and HD? Any other thoughts?