the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch

135 posts in this topic

win2osx.net seems to be down.

i just tried the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch.

i applied it by using hdiutil convert to convert the 10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg from dmg to .cdr

then copied in the 2 oah750* and chown root:wheel oah750*

the resultant DVD would begin to load in tons of kexts and would eventually spontaneously reboot after a certain kext. it goes too fast to know.

this was on a MSI 945g Neo F.

i then repeated the procedure on a MSI 915G Combo Fr.

same result, spontaneous reboot during install.

i then tried platform=X86PC, also tried disabling ACPI in the bios...same results...

finally i created a 2nd DVD including the boot-10.4.3.zip files, but that did not help

is the only other way to use VMWare under windows?

win2osx.net seems to be down.

i just tried the new 10.4.3 MaxxussAntiTPM_10 patch.

i applied it by using hdiutil convert to convert the 10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg from dmg to .cdr

then copied in the 2 oah750* and chown root:wheel oah750*

the resultant DVD would begin to load in tons of kexts and would eventually spontaneously reboot after a certain kext. it goes too fast to know.

this was on a MSI 945g Neo F.

i then repeated the procedure on a MSI 915G Combo Fr.

same result, spontaneous reboot during install.

i then tried platform=X86PC, also tried disabling ACPI in the bios...same results...

finally i created a 2nd DVD including the boot-10.4.3.zip files, but that did not help

is the only other way to use VMWare under windows?

Does your cpu support NX/DX?

yes it does, that reminds me, i tried it both ways...turning off the data execution prevention in the BIOS and leaving it on....why? i noticed before he had 2 different version depending on if you had DEP/NX...but his latest patch had only one set of files...

what latest patch link me and i will check ... also you need to patch the boot loader too

ok

i used the

Maxxuss Anti-TPM Patch v1 (allows you to boot Mac OS X) for CPUs with SSE3

i tried with the bootloader and without the:

Maxxuss Boot Loader Patch for CPUs with no SSE3 (skips SSE3 check during boot time)

on 2 different SSE3 machines msi 915g combo and 945g neo , with BX enabled

kernel panics, showing:

"Unable to find driver for this platform: ACPI"

i tried enabling/disabling ACPI in the BIOS and X86PC flags...

no dice

maybe i should try the SSE but no BX patch and turn off my BX in the BIOS

going through DVDs like coasters...

As stated previously the site is down, so there is probably info that i don't know about. Since i've got a asrock board, at first i tried just the tpm like for 10.4.1. No luck. I've since tried replacing the oah files, the no nx kernel (renamed) and the boot files from /usr/standalone/i386. chown root:wheel on all. DVD seems to boot the same as if not patched at all (or should i say reboot).

Is this only for vmware or for native too?

Thanks.

this thread is going to get closed.Its talking about bypassing the tpm
Agreed.

I understand that it is very inconvinient that win2osx.net is currently unavailable

and people want to share their experiances with the latest 10.4.3 breaktru by Maxxuss involving the TPM barriere, but you know the rules.

Hi,

I used the terminal to convert the dmg to iso :

hdiutil convert /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg -format UDTO -o /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso

then mounted it:

hdiutil attach -readwrite /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso.cdr

then copied the 10.4.3 AntiTPM_10 patch to usr/libexec/oah

then burnd to dvd.

try to boot with dvd but it wont work ,it just restart and i'm back in 10.4.1

Has anyone succeed??????

:(

Actually this solution is working only for sse3 cpu.

the kernel patched for sse2 only actually is not finished. And i also don't know if that will work with the dvd, i think it only works with system installed through 10.4.1.

Anyway 12hrs ago on win2osx maxxus had post that in 3 hrs he was going to post the new sse2 kernel...

so maybe he'll do this soon on his site maybe if win2osx won't be back.

And still on cpus with nx only.Native install is still not posable without a nx cpu

Thx for the reply but i have sse3 and a nx(xd) cpu (i can switch the nx/xd on or off in the bios).

Have to try something els or wait for the native install dvd :( .

P.L.U.R

Works fine here ... with NX and SSE3 - for what its worth, try to convert dmg to iso, mount and edit using hdiutil, unmount using disk utility and burn the iso in 10.4.1 - had problems doing that on the windows machine ... wouldn't boot or instant reboots - Watch those LBAs

Followed the instructions of Tekno in my 10.4.1 installation. Changed only the 2 files in usr/libexec/oah.

Burned a DVD.

and ..... IT WORKS !!!

I've just finished the installation and "About this Mac" says:

MAC OS X 10.4.3 (8F1099)

Please note my signature for the hw I have.

THANKS again MAXXUSS. You're great!!!

Hi,

I used the terminal to convert the dmg to iso :

hdiutil convert /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.dmg -format UDTO -o /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso

then mounted it:

hdiutil attach -readwrite /Users/Tekno/Desktop/10.4.3_8f1099_for_dtk_userdvd.iso.cdr

then copied the 10.4.3 AntiTPM_10 patch to usr/libexec/oah

then burnd to dvd.

try to boot with dvd but it wont work ,it just restart and i'm back in 10.4.1

Has anyone succeed??????

:)

I did exactly this and it worked fine.

Iphoto is missing.

I have the same setup as ut1122 and did the same things. Everything seems to work

flawless. But discovered that iphoto is missing I had to reinstall it from my 10.4.1 It works

fine, but did I miss something is that known that iphoto is missing???

Second thing is quicktime streaming, when I try to watch e.g. the "one more thing" presentation

I always get the same stupid network errors, it cant be the network under windows I can watch it.

I had the same problem under 10.4.1 thougt it is a bug and will be fixed. How about you, can you watch

quicktime streaming??

Greeting

Odie

The original Thunderbird that was rock solid for me under 10.4.1 doesn't work anymore, and the "new" thunderbird on Mozillas site is about as stable as the Titanic.

Are there any others floating around?

Followed the instructions of Tekno in my 10.4.1 installation. Changed only the 2 files in usr/libexec/oah.

Burned a DVD.

and ..... IT WORKS !!!

I've just finished the installation and "About this Mac" says:

MAC OS X 10.4.3 (8F1099)

Please note my signature for the hw I have.

THANKS again MAXXUSS. You're great!!!

I've converted the image as per Tekno's instructions, worked fine, can you explain how to replace the 2 oah files?

I've converted the image as per Tekno's instructions, worked fine, can you explain how to replace the 2 oah files?

in the terminal

cp /Users/username/Desktop/Maxxusspatchdir/oah750* /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disk/usr/libexec/oah/

cd /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disk/usr/libexec/oah/

chown root:wheel oah750*

in the terminal

cp /Users/username/Desktop/Maxxusspatchdir/oah750* /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disk/usr/libexec/oah/

cd /Volumes/Mac OS X Install Disk/usr/libexec/oah/

chown root:wheel oah750*

dont forget chmod -R 755