Loki Updater - Can't select new kernel

errandwolfe

4 posts in this topic

I have installed the Loki update and gotten my system to 10.4.9, but am having a problem. My kernel is reported as Paulicat 8.8.1. No matter how I install Loki using either easy or custom install, it does not seem to intsall 8.9.1. When I do a custom install the 10.4.9 kernel is greyed out and unsellectable.

Does anyone know why I may be having this problem?

I know why ;), i fscked up ;). Install it with pacifist, sorry bout the trouble, it works on some systems and not on others (which is absolute weird garbage, as why should a pkg not work?)

I have installed the Loki update and gotten my system to 10.4.9, but am having a problem. My kernel is reported as Paulicat 8.8.1. No matter how I install Loki using either easy or custom install, it does not seem to intsall 8.9.1. When I do a custom install the 10.4.9 kernel is greyed out and unsellectable.

Does anyone know why I may be having this problem?

Why not use pacifist to extract the new kernel from the installer and then drag it to root.

Thanks for the help guys, and Kiko thanks for all the hard work yourself and all the gurus put in on this. I will try installing with Pacifist when I get home.

Preemptive question....Do I need to use the fsb=xxx flag on the kernel that is included with the Loki release?