USB MOUSE DON'T WORK

5 posts in this topic

I managed to install with custom installation, Tiger desktop loads and all starts but... wait!

The mouse don't move, and keyboard doesn't seem to work...

And on top there is an error message wich says "System extension cannot be used" "The system extension /system/library/extensions/maxxussAMDPCNET.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it etc etc..."

And if I well remember the previous time I powered on tiger the kext was another, something involving PS2 maybe...

I'm surfing and surfing but nobody has a solution for the mouse thing, and I saw that a lot of people had this problem...

My mouse is USB and the keyboard is built-in (yes I've a laptop).

Just tried to grab input since bios starts, but no changes, I don't have a PS2 connector on the laptop...

I tried to disconnect the usb mouse and reconnect at any time but no changes.

I'm not expert in MAC OS (that's why i'm trying it on vmware!) and I would like to KNOW IF THERE IS ANY CONSOLE OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO WORK WITH BEFORE THE DESKTOP STARTS???

In that case I could try to fix the usb kext or do something similar... PLEASE HELP ME!!

If you help me I'll offer you a drink on this saturday night (joke) :censored2: :censored2:

Thanks, I'll try to find 10.4.8 and reinstall, but it'll take long time... I connected a usb keyboard but nothing is chainging because I have to disable the internal keyb of my laptop wich is PS2. How can I disable it? I couldn't find no solution in forums...

If I uninstall the keyb from within windows it asks to reboot and when it restarts it automatically re-install the keyboard. In my BIOS there are no options, so I tried to disable the PlugnPlay service and PnP host service from Control Panel>>Administration Tools>>Services. But my keyboard still works... Damn it!! I managed to solve lots of problems and now I have to stop on the desktop of OSX with mouse and keyboard freezed!

For those concerned:

Running VMware 5.5.2 build 29772

Laptop: Fujitsu-siemens Amilo Si1848 with intel core 2 Duo, ATI graphics

Mac os iso Mac Osx 10.4.5 Universal Install Dvd(Intel Amd Sse3 Sse2).iso