JaS 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Only Combo Update

Schweppes

191 posts in this topic

upgrade from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 on osx drive test and all works fine.

no install login windows and install only SMB patch

all perfect..only thing i had to set fsb=266 at startup for my core duo 2 2.4Ghz

thanx in advance jas

Have to try that, first attempt failed

:D

It worked! I mean, of course it worked! I am having a problem with sound, though that may or may not be due to the update; I don't know because the first time I installed skippyretard's kext was after Jas 10.4.9 update - the sound stutters when using Apple os x spot effects and when using Video Lan Player; sound works with quicktime but picture judders. Mplayer works best; sound is fine but mild vision tear. Anyone else have this problem? My Laptop is a HP DV6205us (Conexant sound -spelling?!) and Dual Core, rather than Core Duo 2.

Also, the laptop's fan seems to come on more readily, even when the laptop is idle, which is something that happened quite a lot with Vista due to only 512mb and constant paging to the HD, but not something I noticed happening much with 10.4.8. Anyone else finding that? Thoughts appreciated.

Same problems like xgportal here. :(

1. System reboot endlessly with mach_kernel

2. Flashing Screens which gets black from flash to flash with mach_kernel.nohpet

3. 10.4.9 runs fine with 8.8.1er Kernel

No success with new one .... any suggestions????

Hello People!

I have a trouble, I've installed MacOS 10.4.9 ComboUpdate (JaS Version) and Worked fine, but after this, my MacOS are SO SLOW, boot slow, etc. slow... Why is that? Some 'tip' to fix it?

My PC is a Intel Pentium D (Core Duo) 820, 2.8Ghz with 1.5Gb of RAM and two HD's of 160Gb.

Didn't work for me.

From a working Jas 10.4.8, install terminated with an error message. Reboot. Boots fine but no USB keybooard or mouse after reboot but desktop is OK.

After booting single mode, see the following error :

kld() : Undefined symbols

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI

Try to remove kext from within IOUSBFamily but doesn't help.

Any suggestions ?

Thx

has someone made a revisioner for 10.4.9 to 10.4.8? i can tell that something is going to go wrong.

has anyone updated from the first 10.4.8 release? i am stuck on that one because it recognizes my sound

well, it worked out for me fine. thanks alot jas

You sound surprised :) , and for the people with slow systems or skipping sound do this.Read the torrent description .. focus on the part aobut setting your fsb=xxx boot option.

If you have set it to the correct fsb then ignore this advice.

kld() : Undefined symbols

Failed to load extension com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI

I have try many things during all night but still no usb keyboard/mouse, get tired...

I want to try something before re-installing

Did someone get the same problem after updating to 10.4.9 using jas combo ?

Alright, you guys... Please start adding the code for editing things from now on. I've spent the majority of my time filtering through vague responses just to get simple things working.

This is my hugest gripe with Linux/Unix people. It's expected everyone knows the location what .info file they're editing; or what command to use. Well most of us dont, and we'd like to learn.

Please get in the habit of properly informing people! I help people with their cars on other forums and I don't vaguely leave out bolts that need to be removed if I'm writing a guide.

So for all those that have asked numerous times how to edit the FSB, Here it is...

-Open Terminal

-Type: Sudo -s (then press enter)

-Enter Password (enter)

-Type: sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

-Look for : <key> Kernel Flags </key>

-Below that is: <string> </string>

-Add fsb=xxx between <string> </string>

ie: <string>fsb=200</string>

-Press: ctrl + O

-Press Enter to save

-ctrl + x to exit

-Reboot

You sound surprised :) , and for the people with slow systems or skipping sound do this.Read the torrent description .. focus on the part aobut setting your fsb=xxx boot option.

If you have set it to the correct fsb then ignore this advice.

Me got "slow systems and skipping sound", how to calculate my fsb? :ninja:

Intel Core Duo T2300

1.66 GHz, 2MB cache, 667 MHz FSB

Thanks,

After I installed the 10.4.9 upgrade, I get an incorrect cpu speed of 2.2. My CPU is 1.83. I tried setting the fsb to 200, but not luck. Also, screen is being detected as a dual monitor which really screws up the view. basically, it looks like one screen is overlayed on another. I am using the MacVidia drivers with my geforce go 7600. It worked perfectly with 10.4.8.

Is there no one who knows some kind of fix?

I get kernel panic with apple.intelcpu.powermanagement or something in that genre.

With both versions of the kernel.

8.8.1 works fine though.

Are there some other files I can use or replace or ......?

Please advise.

Is there no one who knows some kind of fix?

I get kernel panic with apple.intelcpu.powermanagement or something in that genre.

With both versions of the kernel.

8.8.1 works fine though.

Are there some other files I can use or replace or ......?

Please advise.

Deleting the

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement.kext

worked for me :)

Thank you Braymond 141 for your clairty and of course vast thanks to the wonderful Jas for reminding people, including myself, to read his instructions. I was in waaaay too much of an excited hurry. Not to mention thanks to skinnyretard also for his sound patches and selflessness. I will reset my fsb to, in my case, 133 tonight and will hopefully report stutter-free sound with my preferred VLC player. ;)

Incidentally, if anyone bought a laptop with Vista on it (even if it is just Vista Basic) and it only has 512MB of memory on it, write a very cutting letter to the manufacturer, then either upgrade to 1gig or install XP (or Linux). 512MB means the hard drive is constantly being read and written to as virtual memory, causing Vista to move like a slug that has eaten cement. It's hard to write even a letter under Vista with that little memory. How slight is my exageration... That said, things were not helped by HP preinstalling a load of processes that just added to the glue and sludge. Why should it be left to the customer to disable programs' start-ups and figure out which services are safe to turn off? OS X is productive out of the box.

Me got "slow systems and skipping sound", how to calculate my fsb? ;)

Intel Core Duo T2300

1.66 GHz, 2MB cache, 667 MHz FSB

Thanks,

My system also shows this 1.4 GHz processor. In fact it is a Core 2 Duo T6300 with 1.83 GHz processor speed and 1067 MHz FSB. The system profiler reporty bus speed as 1.07 GHz which seems to be correct.

I tried to set the fsb to 267 MHz (which is a quarter of 1.07 GHz and the multiplier 7 to the internal CPU speed) but that ended with a request to restart the computer by pressing the power button right after everything had booted up fine. So I used the -F boot option as to start without the boot configuration file. Thus I could fix my mistake.

But what went wrong? Am I really working with only 1.4 GHz?

Edit: tried it with 205-> ok, 233 -> restart request, also with 266...

I am also experiencing that my system clock runs too fast. It's not only seconds, it's 10 and more minutes in one hour. We had that before with older 8.8.1 kernels - look here

Well - is it possible to return to 8.8.1 without re-installing everything?

/JL

Hi all,

All worked well except 'About This Mac' causes the screen to go blue and then refresh (ie new login, but I don't use login window). Is this because I'm not using the jas login window or some other problem (which I recall happened previously). Thanks to JaS and all.

915-m mb with gma900

Edit

ok. just looked at jas login pkg and answered my question!