JaS 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Only Combo Update

Schweppes

191 posts in this topic

Tell if someone install this package and your experience!!!

I installed it and it worked correctly with minor issues. CPU frequency was incorrect, I have a 1.86Ghz Core2Duo which came out as a 1.4Ghz, and for some reason the memory seems to be in the blue all the time. What I mean is in the activity monitor there is a pie chart that shows the memory usage, and it should be almost all green except for system, and other parts that are being used. But at start up its almost all blue a little green and the red and yellow required parts. Its not a big deal just a question, because with 10.4.8 its almost all green in the pie chart.

I tried installing only the files and not the kernel files that were in the installer with pacifist. The installation worked, and then I used Software Update and installed the 30MB Combo Update and that worked well. My system was 10.4.9, and the frequency was good @ 1.86Ghz and the memory was once again acting like it was in 10.4.8. But for some reason my wireless USB KB/Mse worked, but anything else I attached didn't, and I couldn't open DMG files, unless they were opened with Safari after the download.

My Setup:

Asrock Conroe945-DVI:

Intel GMA950

ALC888 HD Audio

RTL GLAN

Intel ICH7

SATA HDD

ATA Superdrive (Pioneer DVR-110)

1GB @ 667mhz DDR2 RAM

Intel Core2Duo @ 1.86Ghz

I also own a Mac mini so this project is really interesting, I find that the system on my Mac wanabe runs faster then my Mac. When I built it, it only cost around $400 CDN and I tried to base it on the Mac mini hardware.

Hi i have an intel sse2 cpu and my clock runs way too fast when running on battery. If i set the bus speed "fsb=100" manually every boot, the problem is fixed, but if i put it in the com.boot.plist file, the problem remains. No matter what kernel i use (8.8.1, 8.9.1, ect) the problem still exists. If anyone has a suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks god! Everything work for me! No need reinstall devices!

I've got problem when my PC boot with 2.4 GHz processor speed instead of 1.6! Change FSB - boot - 3.19 GHz.

Well, it was Intel, it can handle it. Got right FSB (in my case it was 133), now it is completely done!

Thanks, JaS!

hello,

i recently updated my 10.48 with jas combo update. the updating process went with no problems except that windows computer cannot access my hackintosh anymore. i applied the patch that was with this update, but it didn't do me any good. i am able to browse win computers but not the other way around. i read that i need to replace some samba files from 10.4.8 but i didn't backup. so i have a question. where can i find those files? i couldn't find them on jas 10.4.8 dvd. can anyone please post those needed files? or maybe there is a differen way to make windows sharing work again?

and one more question? is it safe to install security update for 10.4.9 from apple software update?

any help would be much appreciated.

regards

pil

Im running a Compaq NC6000 with a Pentium M, Ati 9600. I got 10.4.8 installed fine, then i ran the updates. I got the combo update installed, and did the 10.4.4 logon. When i attempted to run the MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg my system rebooted on its own and didnt load osx when it came back. I started up my system in verbose mode and got the following errors.

cimg4022dzo5.th.jpg

any help is greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
what is MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg for?

What kernel is preferred for people using jas 10.4.8 with 8.8.1 semthex kernel on a pentium 805d?

Also regarding FSB setting - My system is overclocked here but I have no FSB setting in my com.apple.Boot.plist - what effect would that have on my current system and if it is working now would it work the same after the update?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string></string>

<key>Boot Graphics</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

from demonoid.com:

MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg will fix file sharing that gets killed when you update to 10.4.9 using this package. That's if your system will actually boot afterwards.

The kernel included in this update was not, imho, ready for prime time. I was one of many that had a perfect running jas 10.4.8/semthex install that died with a kernel panic after this update. It works for some, not for others. So don't be surprised if your system gets hosed with this update.

The fix for me was to download the latest kernel from irc and replace the jas update installed one before rebooting. And if you use a new kernel you don't need to run the MPIP103 fix or restore your old system.kext to be able to open dmg's.

If your system is crapped out now boot from your installer dvd and copy the dvd's kernel to the hd using the terminal app on the dvd.

Hi all,

Using a E6750 at 2.66GHz with FSB of 1333MHz here, but the About This Mac reads it as a 1.6Ghz and System Profiler shows the FSB as correct at 1.33GHz.

So how should i change the reading on the About This Mac?

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...