JaS 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 Only Combo Update

Schweppes

191 posts in this topic

After trying to update from 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 on my testdrive with 2 different methods (loki & netkas) and ending up every time with kernel panics or endless reboots, the jaS 10.4.9 upgrade package was successful! Had to install the additional patch for filesharing and reinstalled the daemons patch for ethernet, but now everything (sleep not yet tested...) works great! Thanks a lot jaS!! (Can we donate?) GREAT!!

I installed the update, before rebooting, i installed the 10.4.4 login windows pkg. As Jas said on demonoid, the kernel defaults to a 200mhz fsb, i had to edit com.apple.Boot.plist to put in my fsb of 235 mhz since my cpu is overclocked. no dual core issues on my pentium d 820. everything works.

Thanks a lot jaS!! (Can we donate?) GREAT!!

JaS says on Demonoid:

"If someone would like to donate they can do so via paypal to jasistheone at gmail dot com"

I have waited for JaS to release. It went as smooth as a baby's bottom :(

Works perfectly to upgrade my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 in this order.

MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.9Intel.dmg

10.4.4.loginwindow.pkg

MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg

Then reboot.

I Think my intel hachintosh is 100% working with QE/E2DQ/CI and the rest.

No need to buy a real mac now.

Works perfectly to upgrade my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 in this order.

MacOSXUpdCombo10.4.9Intel.dmg

10.4.4.loginwindow.pkg

MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg

Then reboot.

I Think my intel hachintosh is 100% working with QE/E2DQ/CI and the rest.

No need to buy a real mac now.

Would you please tell me how to get MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg? Thanks!

Bruce

Would you please tell me how to get MPIP103_10.4.9.SMB.CIFS.APF.FIX.dmg? Thanks!

Bruce

Well it is included in Jas latest "JaS.10.4.9.combo.intel.sse3" release from demonoid.

It´s 10Mb in size.

I updated, but neither kernel provided with the update worked..I have a p4 530 prescott no nx, no hpet - the alternate kernel should have worked?? Anyway, copied over Semthex 8.8.1 from Jas 10.4.8 DVD, used dmg fix detailed elesewhere, and everything seems to work OK (Natit 7300gt, AC97 Soundmax, Intel Pro100 VE) - wonder what 8.9.1 kernel should work?

I just finished an upgrade attempt - about the tenth one - all have failed. This last attempt was a clean erase & install from the Jas Intel 10.4.8 SSE3 + PPF1 install DVD. That ran OK and I did not install any software updates.

I installed the Jas 10.4.9 Intel SSE3 combo update and the system paniced on reboot. I tried both 8.9.1 kernels and also tried to boot in single user mode - all attempts failed the same way.

Panic (CPU 0 Caller 0X001A429B): Unresolved Kernel Trap (CPU 0, Type 0=Divide Error), Registers
CR0: 0x80010011 CR2: 0X00000000 CR3: 0X01869000 CR4: 0X000000e0

CPU-Z says my system has a Pentium 4 3.0Ghz Prescot CPU in a Socket 478 mPGA

I have tried loki installer, Jas installer and at least 3 different sets of manual install instructions found on the forum - all with the same result.

However, the system - I'm using it now - runs just fine at 10.4.9 if I keep a symthex 8.8.1 kernel.

I would appreciate any pointers on what to try next.