OSx can't see my virtual HD during install!

2 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install OSX 10.4.5 on my desktop and laptop using VMware but failed...

My laptop is a Core 2 Duo, with chipset 945PM ICH7-M wich I'm not sure supports the OSX thing, especially for the fact that my HD is SATA. However all seems to work fine during the installation of OSx 10.4.5 until the step8 of the guide at: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Vmware_how_to

THe problem is that within the disk utilty: it shows me only the "VMware Virtual IDE CDROM drive" wich contains the image of OSX installer ISO and is Read Only. I can't see a virtual HD... Maybe I got something wrong during cofiguration of the VMware machine? Or maybe is because it can't read SATA? I can't see error messages during the verbose install...

I'm new to VM things, so probably I've forgot something stupid during the previous steps...

Hope to hear you soon!!!

Note: the "new VM wizard" didn't install my HD, so I added it to myself using the hardware wizard... My virtual HD is in the Tigerx86 directory (it was already there, so it has been previously created but not added to the tigerVM) and is configured as SCSI 0:0... wat I have to do? Mac OS can't see it, it see only the virtual installation DVD... help!

Edited by leopardsanderson

Delete your hard drive image.

Make a new one, but use IDE and not SCSI.

It will show up in Disk Utility.

Partition it, format it, point the installer to it.. finished.