10.4.9 AMD Test 1

immunity

98 posts in this topic

:tomato: I just have to redo My Amd system OS X again, this time I try to update to the 10.4.9, befor I get all my driver to work, it give me a screen to hold the power botton to restart, Now am going to get all my drivers to work first and then apply the update!!! I come back and post again!!!

It work fine with my Intel System, I update befor I get driver!!! :wink2:

:tomato: Sorry Guys! It didn't work this time neather, am on to my 3 reinstall OSX now, I don't really remeber How I did it!!! This time am going to try booting to -legacy mode,I hope it work!!! I hate giving up!!! :(:P

:) Hey it work again!!! It update, all I have to do is boot to -legacy and update,thank to Tubgirl 10.4.9 AMD and this here!!!http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=45283&hl= and now am rocking roll again!!! :P:gun::P

Just to add a little pepper to the soup:

I exhaustively installed every known "enabler" for my ATI and NVidia cards under JaS on my AMD SSE3 rig but they would never be recognized as AGP. Also, a few applications simply refuse to work like ie: Guitar Pro 5, iCal and there were some mayor problems with my network card.

I was completely unaware of a substancial difference between JaS's and tubgirls release (regarding AMD vs Intel boxes) until I recently installed tubgirl's 1048 and everything worked out of the box. And I mean everything! Now my video cards are recognized as AGP and my OpenGL speed has DOUBLED.

If you have an AMD and your system is not working 100%, give tubgirl's release a chance.

Cheers,

hecker

@kramer2k:

The link is broken!

Did you manage to run guitar pro 5 with the tubgirl release?

Thanks

This is what I have after update to 10.4.9.

post-97939-1177280707_thumb.jpg

I've replaced the kernel with 8.9.1 SSE2 and updated through 1049_AMD_DELTA.zip package.

I've tried to do like Netkas said, but not all mentioned kexts (that should be deleted) were found in /System/Library/Extensions.

Even restoring old kexts and old kernel didn't help.

Could you give any suggestions?

BTW: I have Asus A6Tc notebook - based on AMD Turion x2 CPU.

I'll think there's something going wrong with OSx86: We lost the Apple-Style simplicity. There was one operating system, not more. OSx86 is going more and more the Linux way: dozens of images with a lot of patches, much more updates from various sources, anyone has another image and another update. Isn't it possible that all the developers could work together and don't do their own stuff all the time? And before there are new updates, old problems of other images should be corrected first. Look in my thread to get a list of the 10.4.8 image's errors and a wish list what some users want to have in a possible 10.4.9 image. Write your own if you have some.

This isn't a democracy.

Semthex, JaS, Myzar, and everyone else works on what they want to work on, when they have a chance. If these hackers do you the favor of making an OSX86 install disc that works for you, be happy and humble. Or at least be glad they didn't use it as a trojan. Would it be nice for the developers to work together more? Of course. But a variety of circumstances prevent very tight integration, and in point of fact, such integration isn't desirable anyhow due to the fringe nature of the work.

OSX86 is an operating system made by hackers, for wanna-be hackers. If you want something that Just Works buy a Mac! If you want to run MacOSX on your PC, forge through the problems and challenges you'll encounter, and come out the other side with a sense of accomplishment, then OSX86 is for you -- and don't forget to pass on the info to others. But the challenges of getting OSX86 to work are a part of the scene, and always will be. It'll die when its a flawless, click-through install: thats called a boxed-product from Apple Inc.

Sorry, but 'wish-lists' {censored} me off. They are not helpful. I see you're a donator, so I figure you want to help. Thanks! But they are other ways to help the community.

Do something helpful. Trawl through the posts here, and compile a list of problems reported with the JaS and Myzar releases, along with solutions and work-arounds. Write code. DL every image you can find and seed them. There are enough people with wishlists who just download JaS installs and run iWork -- and I'm not saying you're one of them (though maybe you are).. but making a list of stuff for other people to do isn't very helpful, is it? I'm sure you can find a positive way to contribute, and I, for one, and I'm sure everyone else, would appreciate your labor.

I've replaced the kernel with 8.9.1 SSE2 and updated through 1049_AMD_DELTA.zip package.

I've tried to do like Netkas said, but not all mentioned kexts (that should be deleted) were found in /System/Library/Extensions.

Try restoring AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.4.8 and use -f boot option to rebuild kext cache on reboot.

(hopefully you backed up extensions before updating)

I am running a Dell Inpiron 1501, 2gb ram, 120gig hd, 1/8 turion x2... and cannot find my 120gig hd during install.... What should I doo.?

Chances are you have unsupported SATA chipset or need an additional driver.

You have to post more details on IDE/SATA chipset, and messages from verbose mode, etc

I am running Opteron 165, 2gb ram, 160gb + 80gb drive back up, on 10..4.8

Trying to find a good 10.4.9 amd updater

I get exactly that too =\

very nice, thanks.

I've just installed 10.4.8 tubgirl, and yupp, Guitar Pro 5 now works great. So does iCal and Logic Express has not yet shown an error. While it was working with the JaS release, I had a couple of anomalities, like an empty Audio Performance window, window header bars getting detached from an AU instrument GUI (?), stuff like that. It even crashed and quit sometimes.

Now it seems to be stable, so I'd recommend amd-users a try.

cheers

amd athlon x2 4400 (939)

2gb ddr400 ram

asus A8N-SLI-DELUXE

WD 120gb IDE 7200 rpm

ATI X1900XT

hangs at boot

20070317dsc0083pk6.jpg

Was there any fix for this? I'm getting the same error message and I'm not sure what to do. Help. :)

We're all getting the same error and no fix yet =\

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there any set instructions for installing the update. I downloaded the update.zip file from TPB, but everytime I install it and reboot, the screen sits at the mac loading page with the grey circle with no HDD activity. Im using an AMD Athlon X2 +4600.

• 4 weeks later...