10.4.9 AMD Test 1

immunity

98 posts in this topic

The biggest thing for me is speed. It seems to be a little snappier and 4.9 NV kexts add wanted features, like rotate and over scan. Don't forget, "it's new" and that much closer to a real mac!

cool, that is what i wanted to know. what is the recommended way to backup a working installation, my 10.4.8 works perfectly but i am tempted to try 10.4.9 if i just back up the extensions folder and mach_kernel is that enough. or do i need to back up some other stuff, which i can restore if i have some issues with 10.4.9

I can't update from 10.4.8...

i downloaded the file, updated in 10.4.8 with the patch, it asked for restart, and i did.

after that, it doesn't boot. It stops on checking CPU 01 (I don't remember the exact phrase).

I formateed all, and installed again 10.4.8

can u help me why?

I update to 10.4.9 with this problem

- Now my CPU in "about this mac" is detected as unknown, but with 10.4.8 is detectec correctly.

- Don't work QE and CI, but Callisto 06 and AGPGart work fine.

I modified ATIRadeon9700GA.plugin for enable QE and CI,but have same result.

- Another problem ... when I open the Dashboard, after is loaded, the sistem crash :P

For my HW the 10.4.8 and 8.8.1 kernel was perfect! :star_smile:

Can you help me!

Well I decided to test 10.4.9 AMD TEST 1, so I formatted installed 10.4.8 AMD FINAL DVD from tubgirl then unzipped 10.4.9 and ran the installer (no modifications) but now the launch process gets stuck (looped really) on diskarb error says the diskarb isn't ready will try later, diskarb not ready etc etc etc

this happens with normal booting -v -f, -v and -x also anyone know how to fix or proper/best way to install I have an AMD64 X2 4200+, Asus A8NE, ATI Radeon X1600 512MB PRO PCIe card

I just posted my Hardware Config in the Hardware Forum, but a quick overview.

Dual Opteron 250, 2 GBRam ASUS K8N-DL MoBo nvidia 7100GS

The only thing that does not work, is my Broadcom Nic and If i click on "About this Mac" the Screen refeshes one time and nothing happens.

I will keep 10.4.8 from JaS as long as he come up with a 10.4.9

Why Update if it works

I tried to install it on my machine (Tubegirl 10.4.8 - AMD64 754). I use SATA harddisks and when I updated, SATA drivers doesn't load and hangs on boot.

Waiting for future releases.

Tubegirl, release these drivers, please =~~ I need it to update mine version to 10.4.9... =///

Thanks.

ffosilva: you have to replace VIAATA.kext with 10.4.7 version to get SATA support back. For nForce 4 (nForce 3?) ATA/SATA is a special driver which is maybe a bit safer than VIAATA.kext which was 'forgetting' some drives sometimes. Look here:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=35985

Post any errors and wishes for drivers to this thread and hope that one of the developers will pay attention to them.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=45557

GreetinX from the Other Side!

I have installed new kernel 8.9.1 SSE2 . I have a kernel panic with callisto driver, I have the same problem with Alkor.kext.

The system boot in safe mode ( -x )

Anybody had test this kernel? Anybody had the same problem??

:P hey guys!!! I have just update my Amd system to the 10.4.9 from tubegirl from a fresh installation of Jas 10.4.8, and now I have a eternity spining ring, anyway to get it load at all, or fixed to boot up? :whistle:

Thanks You.

Can you to post the procedure for me?

I can't patch 10.4.9 for AMD system,please to give a hand.

Thanks.

Thanks You.

Can you to post the procedure for me?

I can't patch 10.4.9 for AMD system,please to give a hand.

Thanks.

:):rolleyes: hey dude try this!!!

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=45283&hl=

I follow that instruction for my Intel system, and it work, And today I were having problem with my AMD system try to up date to 10.4.9, with out that instruction and it did not work, So I thought let just try to do the samething as I did with my Intel, So I did, but remember to use the update for the AMD one ok! if you are updating for your AMD! Don't use the one from the Apple web-site, I download the TubeGirl edition one for AMD!!! So now mine work, I have both the Intel and AMD up to date 10.4.9!!! Sweet huh! :thumbsup_anim: Got to love this Forum it rock :thumbsup_anim: