Update hackintosh 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 and 10.4.9 to 10.4.10 INTEL ONLY

Dr. Hurt

471 posts in this topic

:) Yeah so earlier i said that everything worked fine, but i found out that i got no more sound even after replacing with my old kext files,my external hard drive, ipod no more getting detected

so i dunno for you guys but i was a lot better with my old 10.4.8 maybe its just the way we update :)

:thumbsup_anim: Yeah so earlier i said that everything worked fine, but i found out that i got no more sound even after replacing with my old kext files,my external hard drive, ipod no more getting detected

so i dunno for you guys but i was a lot better with my old 10.4.8 maybe its just the way we update :rolleyes:

does anyone have sound/USB mass storage working? I've got Realtek AC'97 audio and Intel USB2.0 on an Acer Aspire 3623, wondering if it will work.

After reading all the problems others have had i double checked my USB and iPod audio and they are all working for me.

I dont know the exact specs of my machine but its an Compaq Presario V4000 Laptop. Intel Mobo Graphics and I assume Intel Sound, Intel Chipset for sure. but everything is 100% working for me. Minus my Intel 2200 b/g wireless card but theres hope on the horizon.

:P:) It worked with my rig, i followed the original instructions + backup system.kext...then i applied the diabolik GMA900 fix...repaired permissions..restart and voila....just my xbench go from 118 to 112.02 but its fine

....the imagepost-17650-1174192589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toleman

:P:) It worked with my rig, i followed the original instructions + backup system.kext...then i applied the diabolik GMA900 fix...repaired permissions..restart and voila....just my xbench go from 118 to 112.02 but its fine /Users/Raul/Desktop/OSX.tiff

sorry ....the imagepost-17650-1174192589_thumb.jpg

Just reading the problems here, I tested everything... my AC97 sound still works, same with USB/Firewire mass storage... but I had to make sure to use the 10.4.8 System.kext, otherwise disk images would not mount at all. My Xbench score is 150.9... is this good? I'm using a rather crappy 7300GS graphics cards, but CI, QE work great.

post-58098-1174193180_thumb.png

Yep it works...

Although when I was replacing the kext files, the system froze, I logged in to windows, replaced the files and fixed permissions afterwards.

System.kext was needed to mount images, loginappwindow was not needed (never had any problems with it actually)

here is the screenshot

post-71154-1174218774_thumb.png

Worked like a charm :( !

Thanks!

Only I had to replace again AppleAzaliaAudio.kext, remove AppleHDA.kext and reinstall ATI X1000 patch for my ATI X1650.

Obviously I replaced also System.kext and USB are working just as dmg mounting.

post-20425-1174237774_thumb.jpg

Is the procedure for backing up system.kext in the guide?

No, it's not.

All you have to do is type

cp -R /system/library/extensions/system.kext /

install the update

cp -R /system.kext /system/library/extensions/system.kext

Of corse and all the rest of the instructions.

As for uploading any kext, well I can't because it against the forum rules. (I think)

Edited by Ahmad Moawya

Ahmad Moawya, i've moved this thread back into OSx86 Installation until you are able to edit your posts

to include all directions for a successful update into this guide.

if you are still having difficulties editing please p.m. me. :star_smile:

Greetings,

Someone please let me know what's the "10.4.9 Delta updater" and where to get it?

Also, I recently installed JaS 10.4.8. However, whenever I click on "About This Mac", the screen went blank and back, something like a soft GUI reload, i.e, all the softwares will close and then looks like I have just logout and in again. Any idea?

Thanks.

Matthew

Someone please let me know what's the "10.4.9 Delta updater" and where to get it?

Delta update is the 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 update. It's different from the Combo update, that you can use for update to 10.4.9 from any version.

You can get it from Apple site (the one that is not Combo ^_^ )

Hi,

Tired this on a new disk before trying it out on my main system disk. It worked like a charm. only did the steps outlined in the beginning of the thread and did not have to reinstall any other kext. Even natit works straight away and I did not loose my dual screen setup.

One way to minimize the problem of the mouse disappearing (into the imaginary second monitor) is to position the second monitor (using the arrangement tab under displays) at one of the corners of your primary screen. I've done this on the bottom right corner - which means if I move my mouse to the bottom right corner of my display, it enters into the secondary display and is "lost", until move it back.

I tried using "mirror" to solve this, and it does solve this problem, but there are mouse cursor artifacts displayed on firefox windows which are not acceptable. Mirror is therefore not an option for me.

Afer the update my system would hang at the blue screen. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 440 graphics card for which I had to remove the NVDA*.kext files when I installed 10.4.8. So I removed the card and booted from the build in video card, removed again the NVDA*.kext files, install the card again and the system come up. Here is proof:

post-95607-1174869227_thumb.png

First I would like to say thank you for your 10.4.9 update method!

I have a Dell Latitude C640 with a linksys 54G wireless card, I performed the steps as you indicated. Rebooted - it took about 5 minutes for my system to come back up. Video was fine, Everything else worked except my wireless. I replaced a few kext files and now wireless is working again. For me, adding the following was needed for wireless.

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOACPIFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOPCCardFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IOPCIFamily.kext /

cp -R /system/library/extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext /

After running delta installer

cp -R /IOACPIFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOPCCardFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IOPCIFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

cp -R /IONetworkingFamily.kext /system/library/extensions/

Thanks again!

Excellent guide. Worked perfectly for me. Things worth noting:

1) PowerManagement

For laptop users this file should be backed up and replaced.

/System/Library/SystemConfiguration/PowerManagement.bundle

2) Nvidia users

NVDAResMan.kext and NVDANV40Hal.kext need to have the PCI ID strings restored back into their Info.plist to how they were before the update (replacing the files isn't a good idea as 10.4.9 has newer versions).

I did the update using software update and just didn't let the system reboot. Had a terminal open to issue the commands with.