10.4.9 Update - Common Questions and Answers

errandwolfe

134 posts in this topic

Andy,

There is currently a release on the green demon from Uphuck. I would be very wary of this though as no one has completed the download yet so no one has really tested it yet. At current seed speeds it will probably be another 4 or 5 days before we start hearing reports back on this one.

That is a question you will have to ask JaS. Unfortunately I am not active on IRC, so not privy to all that latest and greatest stuff.

Just installed uphuck release on my Opteron 170, all seems well.

I chatted with JaS some time ago and he seem to suggest a 10.4.9 release was coming and offered to add some kexts I sent him, but that was a while ago and that could have changed.

Edit: Going to try to make a PPF to add the ViaRhine network driver to upchuck DVD.

ok this is really bad i think, friend came over to check something online. he saw that my apple update came on on my hackintosh (running 10.4.8) an he just hit update, and when it was done he restarted. well neededless to say now it will not boot (my friend owns a real mac and didnt think nothing of software update) is there ANY way to revert to my old 10.4.8? or is my system hosed and i need to re-install? help please! ;)

ok this is really bad i think, friend came over to check something online. he saw that my apple update came on on my hackintosh (running 10.4.8) an he just hit update, and when it was done he restarted. well neededless to say now it will not boot (my friend owns a real mac and didnt think nothing of software update) is there ANY way to revert to my old 10.4.8? or is my system hosed and i need to re-install? help please! B)

Start with -v as a boot option and try to see from the messages what part it is failing at.

ok tried that. -v

all i see is a bunch of white text coming down REALLY fast dont get a chance to see whats going on, then it just reboots, back to the bios screen and it starts over, again. is it hosed? i tried -s, -x and nothing :(

ok tried that. -v

all i see is a bunch of white text coming down REALLY fast dont get a chance to see whats going on, then it just reboots, back to the bios screen and it starts over, again. is it hosed? i tried -s, -x and nothing :(

Without specifics, the best I could say would be to boot the installer DVD, use the terminal app and make sure the AppleIntelCPU....kext is deleted. Then restart using -f option.

im sorry foir the noob question, but how do i know if the AppleIntel kext is deleted? or more specifically, how do i check? once i do that, i restart from the HD and in boot options hit -f? just making sure sorry for all the questions.

How i integrate new patch 10.4.9 to my 10.4.8 iso image in order to install os x86 10.4.9 directly

As far as I know currently there is no PPF type update to make a 10.4.8 DVD into a 10.4.9. (Except for Tubgirl)

There are 10.4.8 with integrated 10.4.9 updater and fixes and also a complete 10.4.9 DVD from uphuck.

Either way you'll have to download the entire thing, no PPF type patch.

Has anyone managed to get an ATI 1600 AGP card working with the latest 10.4.9 patch? I have tried installing 10.4.8 (JAS) getting it all working but when I do any variations of updating the video drivers always seem to break. I have tried the manual method (backing up system ext, installing delta patch, restoring files) JAS 10.4.9 Updater, the UpHuck install 1.2 DVD. Installing either Uni Natit install or installing the files from the 10.4.8 CD also seem to break the drivers.

I do have to say the Uphuck install with the latest kernel and updates is very quick and snappy so I am dying to find a way to get that to work. Normally I just use the ATI 1X00 AGP drivers from the Jas 10.4.8 SSE3 only DVD.

My hardware is. Asus P5E-VM 865 Chipset MB, C2D 2.16 CPU, ATI 1600 AGP Video. Onboard network, and sound work without an issue.

If anyone has any solutions please let me know, THANKS!!! Im Dying to try the new Final cut studio suite and need this update to install it.

THANKS!!!

hi, i will not update jas 10.4.8 to jas 10.4.9... because great stability and a lot of time passed to install.

but i would like to install fcp 2 that need 10.4.9 grrr...:whistle:

someone have experiment this ?

thank you

Hi, I just upgraded using Uphuck's dvd and now It just gives me the login window; I cannot login, for some reason my user name and password are not accepted. Does anyone have a way how to circumvent the login, or what files do I have to delete to be able to login to my system.

• 2 weeks later...
I just choose the 4.9 kernel, and:

IOATAFamily.kext + ich8 sata support

ionetworkingfamily

(the dafaults)

Second time I installed, I just went with the 4.9 kernel, and everythings working great.

your gpu works too?

Guest Snowski

Hi guys,

I succesfully updated my JAS 10.4.8 to 10.4.9. It took me a while to get going since I had a perfect install.

The MYZAR did the job for me. I replaced the needed files after the update (before reboot) but I dont think its even necessary with this update release since I noticed a 10.4.9 disabled kext folder which includes smbios, cpupower, ata, etc....

No problems with the login window either and the kernel gets updated to 8.9.1!

So I recommend the MYZAR update lads.

Good luck!

I have an Overclocked Pentium D and as the clock is linked to the processor clock speed, I have an issue with OS 10.4.9.

In 10.4.8 the OS was not able to read my processos specs, so it just believed what my bios was telling it.

The result is that on version 10.4.9 the time goes 40% faster than it should (the clock is never right).

So 10.4.9 is a no go for me (at least until I figure a way to solve this)

anyone have an idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am using the v.13 (10.4.9)

All ok , usb , firewire , HD`s , etc.. :(

Only my sound card (internal) and my ATI 9600 PRO (Nvidia) are not working .. :hysterical:

I tried all the patches includes in the DVD and nothing

Someone would help me ? :rolleyes:

P5VD1-X

ATI 9600 PRO (Nvidia)

3 HD SATA

Dual Core 3.2

2 gb RAM

regards

Andre Mattos

Brazil - Amazonia

I apologize if it's not terribly obvious.

I followed the kernel update steps and I seem to have gotten it from JaS 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 but I have no Ethernet and audio afterwards.

I've basically done this exactly to get my 10.4.8 working:

http://mckill.ca/?p=3

Then, I install the Jcool X1950XT installer and that's it. I'm not sure how to proceed afterwards to get 10.4.9->10 and keep USB, network and audio working. Any guidance?

Thanks in advance.

Could someone explain what ppf1/ppf2 are? Im currently downloading Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso and thought that knowing this could help me with my installation later on

Thank you

/Marcus

hi im trying to install a jas osx10.4.9 on my vista machine i ran through and got past the installation then i got to a grey screen that stated i needed to restart my machine, i keep restrting but it stays there. also my vista partition wont start and i had to use the repair function to restore my access to it. anyon ehave this problem. also how do i remove the sfdisk boot manager program from the machine?

thanks