10.4.9 Updater Results (Loki.10.4.9)

mifki

121 posts in this topic

I'm having exactly the same result as bob2600, and I applied the update with the new kernel option checked. It was solved by replacing back mach_kernel (Mifki 8.8.1), AppleSMBIOS.kext, System.kext and IOATAFamily.kext. So I guess it should be easy to fix once we know what exactly is the problematic file.

did you boot the old kernel via boot flag or did u need to reinstall?

did you boot the old kernel via boot flag or did u need to reinstall?

I had to use use another partition (did a fresh install of 10.4.8) to access the fubared one, then I just replaced the files and repaired permissions.

Hi :)

Thanks Loki for your well good updater :)

I've install everything and everything work,

and with the new kernel, now two cpus are reported !!!! i feel more speed so i'm sure my E6300 has his both working !! so GREAT dual core :) :) :)

One issue : my apple usb keyboard doesnt work after sleep/wake up ; same issue with using the update without the new kernel, i think it's a kext problem, but which one ?

Can anyone help me with this keyboard issue ?

BR :)

Edited by ovof

Working here, thanks Kiko & Netkas, :)

Did a clean install of 4.6, Paulicat to 4.8, then ran your installer with kernel. First boot with -v hung on diskarb, and some "Mar 16 19:45:09 localhost kernel[0]: Couldn't alloc class "com_mifki_r3d3"."

Read Netkas's blog about diskarb problem, but I didn't have /etc/rc.installer_cleanup on my system.

Rebooted again, with -v and here I am, everything working well so far.

Going to backup this setup, and experiment with video/ sound drivers.

Thanks again,

The Baron.

That panic has me stumped, some people have it working, those who panic, even when they try all 10.4.9 kexts still panic, so im thinking it isnt in the pkg. For your keyboard, its a usb issue, same thing here, i have to unplug my mouse after i wake from sleep. And for those without qe/ci, make sure ur device id is in the kext's (because they are new versions)

A new Natit installer is DIRELY needed in 10.4.9

My card doesnt have QE and CI enabled in 10.4.9 and installing Natit_Uni_1.0 my system was hosed....

*Appeal* PLS, anyone, create a new installer for 10.4.9!

Me too. It seems Natit 1.0 works well with nVidia cards, but crashes the system with ATI cards.

Hey, i got the most recent version of the updater on the demon, and after installing it, it wont boot, i get to the darwine boot screen and it starts loading up the kext's and then reboots. I'm using an D101GGC motherboard with ATI x200 chipsets. Does anyone have any solutions?

Me too. It seems Natit 1.0 works well with nVidia cards, but crashes the system with ATI cards.

No I have x1600xt and natit work perfect for me :( i just use jas ati dvd version but only natit without kext and he works with 10.4.9 kext that is :)

My system crashed TWICE.

Just showed the four language screen shortly after reboot.

so I thinsk I'd stay in 10.4.8

My laptop is Let'snote T5 (Japanese version), It's Toughbook in U.S.

Rebuliding my system now

I had a APIC error at first, then I replaced all the extensions on my hd from the ones in the original 10.4.9 combo update and copied over the old AppleSMBIOS.

The Mac then booted, but I went into -s mode first to re-reg all the kexts, restarted again and it booted just fine into desktop, but I had to delete NVidiaEFI as it was causing diskarb errors :)

Kiko or diamobile, who allowed you to redistribute my kernel and r3d3 kext without permission?!

the official 10.4.9 hackitosh kernel room - irc[dot]osx86[dot]hu #1049

Does anyone else see the irony of this post? Why worry about permission to redistribute a hacked kernel when we all know that most people here don't give a second thought to using OSX on hackintoshes without Apple's permission.

Thanks for the laugh this morning...that was a good start to my day ^_^

Tried the Loki installer in addition to manual ugrade and consistently get this result (see pic). Tried a number of kext replacements from my 10.4.8. 8.8.1 install without success ... Anyone know what's going on ... ?

E6300 on asus P5B deluxe

SATA (Intel ICH8) and IDE controllers (JMicron)

Asus GForce 7600 GS vidieo with Natit

post-281-1174153644_thumb.jpg

Hi, after installimg with LOKI Update (hope the latest on torrent) i got internet and mail but cant connect to my afp or smb shares...

maybe, i have to use an older kext (from 10.4.8) but which one?

Pls. help me...

Rene

sleep work well now with p5ld2-vm, 10.4.9 & kernel 8.9.1

but i had to change few things in the bios

like USB legacy disabled > enabled

thx to all :)

I took another route, using the AppleSMBIOS.kext from DemonES Kernel (ver. 1.06) and the fix for loginwindow from NETKAS together with Integrateframebuffer from 10.4.4 (for GMA 950).

Right now its working excellent without any problem. :P

Edited by tivimac