djpc47

Do you like vista?  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like vista?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure yet

183 posts in this topic

Not really, but I know I'm gonna have to support it,(the pain that comes from being a Windows network admin, but the pay ain't so bad...LOL) so I've been forcing myself to OCCASIONALLY boot into it to tinker for the last 8 months or so. I have to admit tho, it runs really great on these new mac's. :)

robotskip, the question still is why should someone have the trouble and switch;) I pretty much indirectly asked that question about 3 times now and just received info on what I said was wrong:P.... firewall.... theres firewall software out there, if you have xp it will cost less then whatever vista costs you.... virus's.... avast seems to work fine.... if you have a complain with that.... maybe nod32 but the cost would still stay lower.... heck majority will likely at one point disable that stupid thing what asks you if you want to run something after you clicked it:P defeating its very purpose.... spywareblaster, spybot, even ms antispy:P

bsod.... I heard of roomers.... but last seen it in win98

so please for once answer a question yourself

does 3-4 things justify the cost in both money and time to figure out things

I dunno about you but I consider em small, maybe big if you compare it to windows xp when it first came out..... though we don't even know the defects yet....

to me the success of vista will be due to people like you and MS pushing it..... the idea's are good but could of been done better

this reminds me of Windows ME... just with the opposite being done by MS..... ME was to 98 what Vista is to XP, if you tried ME you'd know it did shine up 98 with some extra features but in the end MS not pushing it, and people not caring for the extra is what killed it.... out of what I know the mem leak got fixed.....

I personly think the same with vista just that if you force it on people by stopping sales of xp then course one by one everyone might change..... but my feeling is those who have the choice might stay:P or switch to OSX maybe all together... I've had more and more people ask;) about apples:P

I asked the same question in 1 other forum and if I include the results from here with what I got from the other forum..... I get 20.34% like vista, 27.12% not sure yet, 52.54% don't like it, thats with 59 people

also asked in 2 other forums which are not computer related but still waiting for more people to answer the poll last I checked 1 had just 3 people who answered... the other had non

and yes I understand these are initial thoughts.... and same goes with yours.....

one more note.... I did not vote on either of the polls.... I stated my beliefs but didn't vote cause I wanted to see what others think not what I think;)

Edited by djpc47

> robotskip, the question still is why should someone have the trouble and switch;)

No, that is not 'still' the question and not everyone will have trouble.

> I pretty much indirectly asked that question about 3 times now and just received info on what I said was wrong:P.... firewall.... theres firewall software out there, if you have xp it will cost less then whatever vista costs you.... virus's.... avast seems to work fine.... if you have a complain with that.... maybe nod32 but the cost would still stay lower.... heck majority will likely at one point disable that stupid thing what asks you if you want to run something after you clicked it:P defeating its very purpose.... spywareblaster, spybot, even ms antispy:P

Umm, you're trying to make a point that firewall/AV software is availble on XP yet this is a completely useless point. Also, most people won't disable UAC, you see, too many geeks (I myself used to be guilty of this) think the world revolves around them when they are infact a tiny proportion - most people won't have the know-how to disable it and will put up with the few prompts they get when installing software (Becuse people do this on a daily basis, right ?) and installing ActiveX prompts.

> bsod.... I heard of roomers.... but last seen it in win98

Rumours * What the hell are you talking about now ?

> does 3-4 things justify the cost in both money and time to figure out things

First, I've proven that it won't take either time or money to figure things out, I've done it 3 freaking times so far, when are you going to catch on ? Also, there's a lot more than '3-4 things' which are new to Vista.

> I dunno about you but I consider em small, maybe big if you compare it to windows xp when it first came out..... though we don't even know the defects yet....to me the success of vista will be due to people like you and MS pushing it..... the idea's are good but could of been done better

I have no idea what you're trying to get at here. Is English your second language ? Please let it be.

> this reminds me of Windows ME... just with the opposite being done by MS..... ME was to 98 what Vista is to

XP, if you tried ME you'd know it did shine up 98 with some extra features but in the end MS not pushing it, and people not caring for the extra is what killed it.... out of what I know the mem leak got fixed.....

No, Vista is nothing like ME. See, ME didn't really do anything new (See my link above about new things in Vista) and it just didn't work correctly whereas Vista runs perfectly fine and so far has no showstopper bugs. Also, Vista is the 'most pushed' version of Windows by MS so far.

> I personly think the same with vista just that if you force it on people by stopping sales of xp then course one by one everyone might change..... but my feeling is those who have the choice might stay:P or switch to OSX maybe all together... I've had more and more people ask;) about apples:P

Slow start for Vista? So what else is new? - Also, they aren't stopping sales of XP and sales of Vista, outside of boxed copies, is doing really well.

> I asked the same question in 1 other forum and if I include the results from here with what I got from the other forum..... I get 20.34% like vista, 27.12% not sure yet, 52.54% don't like it, thats with 59 people

Wow, a few forums. Astounding. Vista is truly doomed thanks to your amazing research. See my point about geeks thinking the world revolves around them.

> and yes I understand these are initial thoughts.... and same goes with yours.....

No, my posts aren't my 'initial thoughts' it's just me disproving some jumbled post from you which I did in my first post yet you've managed to continue on for 2 more completely avoiding the reason I made my reply to you.

> one more note.... I did not vote on either of the polls.... I stated my beliefs but didn't vote cause I wanted to see what others think not what I think;)

Amazing.

Stop freaking going on these philosophical rants about how bad you think Vista is going to do and address what I actually said/say: I've proved you were wrong about changing icons, the Control Panel, My Computer and most of your other examples, so either somehow disprove me, or stop continuing this line of discussion.

How the hell has Vista changed so drastically that people have to re-learn things ? Your first claim was that the CP was nothing like the original yet with screenshots I proved you were completely wrong.

if one thing is true neither of us is listening to each other.... buts I don't currently give a flipping {censored}.... reasons cause the purpose was not to hear your comments on what you think solely or what anyone for that matter thinks about my comments....

answering about where to resize the icons... no you never answered the question, rather the obvious place to look that I had been..... (Also, changing icons is easy as hell and I think it's also in the same place (Right click on desktop > View), or in an obvious place (Right click on desktop > Personalise; change desktop icons).) go check its not there last I check;)

also that in it self was me trying to say that I think if I couldn't find it where I thought it might be(seems you assumed the same location too... ), to people who barely know how to turn a computer on, they'd likely get lost and mess something up.... aka the type who write down locations of things on a piece of paper to remind themselves..... you know the part of society thats older then me but amazingly not aging as fast as you....occasionally these people go by what they see too.... they can do some guess work but don't expect them to get a space station out of a piece of tin foil

about thinking about ones self, if 50%+/- in all cases claimed they didn't like Vista on their first try explain me what makes you 100% correct that Windows is likeable, by all people it seems?.... again the question was(lets go back to the first post...) Do you like vista?..... note: this doesn't relate at all to "why you should like vista" or "why we can win" or "vista is great" or even "does robotskip like vista"...... anyway.... saying that, since I wouldn't be in the poll.... I figured I'd say what I thought initially....(initial thoughts can change... oddly even I might come to like you as a person..... some day).... so what part of "do you like vista" are you complaining about? lets get back to the threads topic;)

anyway yes English can be considered my second language if you got a problem with that go {censored} yourself...... it proves I know one more thing then you, on top of the things I know

mind ya I think you proved the point of your not wanting to allow others to say what they think..... so I think I'm done here with you....

Please don't even respond....

Thank you ahead of time.... good day

Edited by djpc47

Anyone who thinks the average user will jump for joy at constant queries as to whether or not they want to open the control panel or run a game is a raving lunatic. Almost every thing I did other than browse the internet required some sort of consent. It's absolutely insane. On a mac, which I'm not a huge fan of, at least the security makes sense, asking you to type in your password when installing something that changes system files. UAC asks something every 2 or 3 minutes of my regular use of the OS. I'd tear my hair out, if I had any!

As to the look and feel of the operating system, I guess it's okay. But how does having the interface made out of glass help anyone get anything done? With Windows XP, the interface went from hard-gray windows and 8-bit icons to something a little softer on the eyes. And I liked it from day one. Vista is 100% garbage. And definitely not worth the huge price tag. If you want a clear-cut example of the poor workmanship, open up Explorer and resize the window.

I simply dont understand what would lead anyone to spend money on Vista, when XP is perfectly sufficient for any application or game.

To address a few of djpc's points...

Why would anyone take the time and trouble to buy and install an operating system which is annoying and of no benefit whatsoever? They probably wouldnt.

Rumours of BSOD... BSOD doesnt happen in Windows XP, unless you count a stop error, and those are something you only get extremely rarely, and are associated with serious damage to your file-system or hardware.

Time or money... It doesnt cost time or money to figure things out... it costs time to install this OS, and money to own it... his point was about going from XP to Vista... (you'd have to actually buy Vista and install it to upgrade... )

Some of them are small... (robotskip's C in ESL 90 is showing). djpc was saying, quite coherently that the additions in Vista are not earthshattering or incredibly useful, or magical, or impressive. They're run of the mill stupid stuff that will end up causing most people more trouble than gain.

As for the control panel... if I am an XP user and I change my resolution or monitors in the display control panel... where would I find the Display control panel in Vista? ;-p (there isnt one)

(The new start menu is a farce as well)

The main point is clear. If I were MS, I would take XP, and say "What's the problem with XP. Spyware, Viruses, and a non-accelerated user interface" (those are my biggies). Then, I'd say "How can I get rid of spyware?" "Simple, I'll prevent software from receiving windows messages that arent destined for them. And I'll isolate the registry into operating system and application subsystems, allowing for easy quarantine of spyware. And I'll protect the windows system files from being overwritten or modified." "How can I get rid of Viruses?" "Same as above, basicly". The accelerated user interface was at least tried, even though I think they did a {censored}-poor job of it.

The same mistakes of the past, such as allowing OS files and application files to intermingle, havent been rectified in this release.

Edited by gwprod12

gwprod12, thank.... on a mac I think the security method is a unix thing.... or at least thats how it is for linux and openbsd..... if you login as a regular person you can do whatever but whatever has privileges set to root.... root users can only use or change, windows never was good at privileges...... I use to spends days on end when I was in HS, playing with the registry changing all the privileges set on Windows 98.... I admit nt's privileges are more solid but they don't work the same as with *nix... I think MS considers more on giving the illusion of security apposed to true security...... I think the whole making the folder private in Windows XP was an attempt to imitate the privilege system that *nix has, but who knows..... my thoughts on that is that if anything the only time we'll be seeing this type of security on any windows type os..... is when ReactOS becomes more solid.... its on its way;)

Edited by djpc47

gwprod12,

I believe Microsoft needs to develop an OS from scratch. No registry, no DLL...

Maybe the could learn something from *nix?

Or some genius should introduce an entirely new concept of operating system, something never heard before.

It is either that or die.

Alessandro17, though my nick isn't gwprod12, I believe thats likely the next step after ReactOS..... as soon as they accomplish making something thats fairly compatible with most things then they can work on revolutionizing it:P

Alessandro17, though my nick isn't gwprod12, I believe thats likely the next step after ReactOS..... as soon as they accomplish making something thats fairly compatible with most things then they can work on revolutionizing it:P

That is a good one :D

And BTW, there is nothing wrong with replying to my post even if it was addressed to gwprod12 :D

PS I rather have to click a extra time then having to press 8 difrent kkeys for a password al lthe time... oh look 1 click to alowe or 8 keys press + enterbutton or click to contuine... gezzz I wonder how the lazyer person going ot choise

and between u and me if u knwo anything aobut key loggers.... passwords are NOT the way to go.....I love key loggers.... I love implating key loggers into other peoples systems..... ya////

as for a the geek topice.... no the world dose not rotate around us....I jsut wish it would keep up with us..lol

and here my geek setup...anythingu want oknwo know aobut your pc all on the sidebar....see there in a use for it after all

PS I also useing dual monitors as wel las dreamscene./. if u knwo what Dreamscene is than I don't have to explain my wallpaper/backgorund... and if u have no idea what it is google it

post-52178-1174030906_thumb.jpg

Edited by MadDoggyca

> if one thing is true neither of us is listening to each other.... buts I don't currently give a flipping {censored}.... reasons cause the purpose was not to hear your comments on what you think solely or what anyone for that matter thinks about my comments....

So, you make a thread to see what people think then you say it's not for people to say what they think ? Okay.. ?

> answering about where to resize the icons... no you never answered the question, rather the obvious place to look that I had been..... (Also, changing icons is easy as hell and I think it's also in the same place (Right click on desktop > View), or in an obvious place (Right click on desktop > Personalise; change desktop icons).) go check its not there last I check;)

Here's a screenshot to prove it's in the first place I said it would be:

iconsizefh9.jpg

> also that in it self was me trying to say that I think if I couldn't find it where I thought it might be(seems you assumed the same location too... ), to people who barely know how to turn a computer on, they'd likely get lost and mess something up.... aka the type who write down locations of things on a piece of paper to remind themselves..... you know the part of society thats older then me but amazingly not aging as fast as you....occasionally these people go by what they see too.... they can do some guess work but don't expect them to get a space station out of a piece of tin foil

To people who barely know how to turn a computer on, I think changing the desktop icon is their last problem and doing anything will be hard. Also, I've already proved (How many times now, 3 ?) that the things you've claimed have moved / are distractically differen't aren't. Oh, and don't forget how my 10 yr old sister has no problems changing her background, etc.

> about thinking about ones self, if 50%+/- in all cases claimed they didn't like Vista on their first try explain me what makes you 100% correct that Windows is likeable, by all people it seems?.... again the question was(lets go back to the first post...) Do you like vista?..... note: this doesn't relate at all to "why you should like vista" or "why we can win" or "vista is great" or even "does robotskip like vista"...... anyway.... saying that, since I wouldn't be in the poll.... I figured I'd say what I thought initially....(initial thoughts can change... oddly even I might come to like you as a person..... some day).... so what part of "do you like vista" are you complaining about? lets get back to the threads topic;)

I never once said, nor implied, that Vista is 100% likable by all people. Stop making things up.

I also have never addressed anything relating to 'Why you should like Vista,' 'Why we can win' or 'Vista is great' - once again, stop making things up. Also, this thread is about 'Does robotskip like Vista,' in fact, it's about 'Does x like Vista' and replace x with the username of every person on this forum.

> anyway yes English can be considered my second language if you got a problem with that go {censored} yourself...... it proves I know one more thing then you, on top of the things I know

Who said I have a problem ? I just made a point that I hope it is because some (Or most) of your posts are hard to understand, or just badly written. I never said it's a bad thing that English is your second language, grow up.

Also, how do you know that I don't know a second language or how do you even remotely know what I know ? Stop assuming. Oh, and I've disproved most of the things you've said, nice work there.

> mind ya I think you proved the point of your not wanting to allow others to say what they think..... so I think I'm done here with you....

Notice how I have responded to anyone else.. want to know why ? Because from what I can remember (I haven't read every post in the thread) their posts were fine, just their opinions o whatevere, whereas you're claiming things about Vista which aren't true.

There, I just disproved you, again.

> Please don't even respond....

You asked me to above, can't you ever settle on one thing ? /rolls eyes

----

> Anyone who thinks the average user will jump for joy at constant queries as to whether or not they want to open the control panel or run a game is a raving lunatic. Almost every thing I did other than browse the internet required some sort of consent. It's absolutely insane. On a mac, which I'm not a huge fan of, at least the security makes sense, asking you to type in your password when installing something that changes system files. UAC asks something every 2 or 3 minutes of my regular use of the OS. I'd tear my hair out, if I had any!

You're either lying or crazy. Here is a list of things which trigger a UAC prompt (I don't think the list is 100% accurate but close enough). Who in their right mind does those things daily ? The only 'common' things are ActiveX and Firewall (But after you allow everything you need to they're no more).

So, lying, or just crazy ? ;)

Actually, maybe you are right, if so could you please provide examples of how 'almost every thing other than browse the internet' requires a UAC prompt.

> And definitely not worth the huge price tag.

Vista isn't expensive. Sure, Ultimate is but there are several other versions which are in line with previous versions of Windows and if you read that link someone could say that Vista is cheaper than previous versions. There's also student, OEM, upgrade and other ways to get Vista cheap.

> I simply dont understand what would lead anyone to spend money on Vista, when XP is perfectly sufficient for any application or game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_windows_vista - XP isn't perfectly sufficent for any app or game, Vista brings DX10, WPF and many other improvements to apps/games.

> Why would anyone take the time and trouble to buy and install an operating system which is annoying and of no benefit whatsoever? They probably wouldnt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Features_new_to_windows_vista - You say there are no benefits, which is a lie. If you use Vista you have a new driver model (Finally a decent one in Windows), you have integrated Search, you have DX10, etc. There may be no benefits to you (Baffling), but you can't claim there are no benefits at all, so stop lying.

> robotskip's C in ESL 90 is showing. djpc was saying, quite coherently that the additions in Vista are not earthshattering or incredibly useful, or magical, or impressive. They're run of the mill stupid stuff that will end up causing most people more trouble than gain.

I Googled ESL 90 and it seems it's something about a class for English as a secondary language. How stupid is it to say that I have a C in that when English is clearly my first language and that my English is above DJPC's.

> As for the control panel... if I am an XP user and I change my resolution or monitors in the display control panel... where would I find the Display control panel in Vista? ;-p (there isnt one)

Stop lying:

cpresolutionvf3.jpg

Have you even used Vista ? Also, you don't change resolutions in the CP, rather the Display Settings window which can be opened from various locations and it's easier to change from the CP (As in finding a way to open said window) in Vista than XP.

Actually, I just re-read what you said, you say there isn't a Display Properties in Vista (Quote: where would I find the Display control panel in Vista? ;-p (there isnt one)) - WTF ? Seriously, how the hell could you claim there isn't a Display Properties window in Vista.

So, depending on what you really meant to say, you're still wrong unless there is a third meaning to your comment ?

> The main point is clear. If I were MS, I would take XP, and say "What's the problem with XP. Spyware, Viruses, and a non-accelerated user interface" (those are my biggies). Then, I'd say "How can I get rid of spyware?" "Simple, I'll prevent software from receiving windows messages that arent destined for them. And I'll isolate the registry into operating system and application subsystems, allowing for easy quarantine of spyware. And I'll protect the windows system files from being overwritten or modified." "How can I get rid of Viruses?" "Same as above, basicly". The accelerated user interface was at least tried, even though I think they did a {censored}-poor job of it.

MS did what you said.

> The same mistakes of the past, such as allowing OS files and application files to intermingle, havent been rectified in this release.

Stop lying. You claim that nothing related to integration of the OS/apps has been rectified yet they have, for example: Separation of Internet Explorer 7 from the Windows shell

MadDoggyca, I just figure time could be spent elsewhere instead explaining why 10 yr old sisters aren't the same as 50+ parents, grandpa's, grandma's, friends, friends friends, ect...

Dragon, yeah I figured that much.... why I was kinda wanting to get peoples thoughts right now.... based on the first few months or what not to see what direction they change to;P

MadDoggyca, Macros/ect..... the idea is not which the lazier person likes the thing is, if a person is gonna put a keylogger on your computer then they can also put a trojans or even convince you to run remote desktop with em.... sooner or later the likely hood that click of the button to deny or allow will likely get broken and we'll be back where we were..... where as typing a password.... if you have a keylogger issue, if all else fails format put a new password and we're back in business.... maybe get updates to fix holes, else you've possible learned a lesson not to accept every file or open every attachment.... looking at it in this way the button clicking is but an illusion that will likely just waste more time and annoy people again though this is my thoughts on it:P

anyway Thanks everyone who took part in this

Edited by djpc47

YOU JSUT PROVED ALL ARE POINTS... THANK YOU^^^^^^^^^^

quote "else you've possible learned a lesson"

thast the idea behined a new OS is to learn somthing..... u don;t gain knowloage by doing nothing.... same gose with the hole accept every file or open every attachment.. well all been there and learned. Now with vista and were all there learning more........ if pc stayed all the same and os stayed all the same I be board as hell..... I alrdy looking forward ot the 2012 Windows7 Code name Vinnia

When Vinnia comes out it won't ever have windows in its titles MS is droping WIndows all toghther

Windows Vista is the last bread of windows ever...

CodeName Vienna will no bare the name windows in it prodect name

Vienna will be built fomr the gorund up not on NT kernal or the 9.x Knernal ....Fomr the ground up

"Vienna" (formerly known as Blackcomb) is Microsoft's codename for the successor to Microsoft Windows Vista and "Longhorn Server", originally announced in February 2000, but since subject to major delays and rescheduling.

Development

The code name "Blackcomb" was originally assigned to a version of Windows that was planned to follow Windows XP (codenamed "Whistler"; both named after the Whistler-Blackcomb resort) in both client and server versions. However, in August 2001, the release of Blackcomb was pushed back several years and Vista (originally codenamed "Longhorn", after a bar in the Whistler-Blackcomb resort) was announced as a release between XP and Blackcomb. Since then, the status of Blackcomb has undergone many alterations and PR manipulations, ranging from Blackcomb being scrapped entirely, to becoming a server-only release. In January 2006, Blackcomb was renamed to "Vienna" . Vienna is still planned as both a client and server release with a current release estimate of anytime between 2009-2012. (although no firm release date or target has yet been publicized).

Focus

Internal sources pitch Vienna as being not just a major revision of Windows, but a complete departure from the way we have typically thought about interacting with a computer. While Windows Vista is intended to be a technologies-based release, with some added UI sparkle (in the form of the Aero set of technologies and guidelines), Vienna is targeted directly at revolutionizing the way we interact with our home and office PCs.

For instance, the "Start" philosophy, introduced in Windows 95, may be completely replaced by the "new interface" which was said in 1999 to be scheduled for "Vienna", before being moved to the Longhorn project, and then back to "Vienna".

The Explorer shell will be replaced in its entirety, with features such as the taskbar being replaced by a new concept based on the last 10 years of R&D at the Microsoft "VIBE" research lab. Projects such as GroupBar and LayoutBar are expected to make an appearance, allowing users to more effectively manage and keep track of their applications and documents while in use, and a new way of launching applications is expected - among other ideas, Microsoft is investigating a pie menu-type circular interface, similar in function to the dock in Mac OS X.

------------------

SO in the end Vista is the final "Windows" to ever be relased

with explore.exe being totaly riped out as well as the clasice start menu to well ever thing. "Vienna" will be the birth ot a new PC eara and windows will die out

-------------------------------------

Stuff liek explore.exe and starmenu and nt kernal are all going to be gone what ya going to do then if vista is such a pain in the ass for u now and worrying aobut were ever thing when too?

Release Date Rumor 2009 and as late as 2012

also this is unfair to be asking a Mac Fansite this question

go to http://www.winxperts.net/ and ask the same question there its a windows Fansite... and I bet your resultes would be 100% turned around....

Edited by MadDoggyca

When Vienna is out, I should be using ReactOS;), I dunno if bob runs on it yet but I'll be sure to try.... just joking;)

what are so many MS {censored} riders doing in a Mac forum....:S I try my best to not favor any specific direction but come on, both you guys are chasing a huge pipe dream, which one is worse off I dunno....

what I say bad about one thing I'm willing to say bad about another thing if it ever comes the day thats needed..... same thing works the other way around if something gets better I say its getting better but if I don't think it deserves the credit then I don't give it the credit myself

I'm a AMD fan but I know rightful Intel has the crown right now.... so forget it.... I may {censored} about it once or twice saying AMD rocks or some {censored} but I won't go on for days... that {censored} gets old

I went and asked in a Pron forum and a Prodigy fan form.... Pron forum, 3 people voted all equal... then it just stayed that way(guess they all busy).... went to a Prodigy fan forum results were about equal..... note they are not even computer related forums directly:P.....

just tried at a writers forum.... lets see if I get any results from this....

Edited by djpc47

I no fan boy of any os I like windows and I love OSX how ever I won't touch linux and bleaive it or not I a Unix Kernal Fanboy.lol

I run AMD but I prefure Intell becuz they don;t lie aobut there core speeds on there cpus.....

I jsut wanted to prove a point htat changes will alwazs happen and instead of *%$%#$## about they sohudl jsut live with it a learn a thing or 2 in the mean time

what flavor of unix??? one of my box's has SCO.... by no means is it for serious stuff but yeah:P

the whole lie'ing thing goes back way back(my cyrix said 200 and clocked at 150 or something).... I believe its not that they lie about their specs, rather...... the way their cpus are designed makes em act diff.... resulting in actual speed diff even though on the same mhz/ghz so on... I guess similar to when you put a Pentium I with hell alot of ram beside a pentium II with little amount of ram... other example is for instance PPC's that are some set mhz and x86 processors that are same set mhz and they act totally diff.... amiga's is an example of this with 50mhz you could do heck alot more then on a x86 with 50mhz

Edited by djpc47

djpc47, by you're use of foul language, you're immaturity shows, thus hurting you in the debate. You will probably respond to this post, with more profanity, and I will not respond to you again, because it seems you have nothing else better to do than argue with people. I will make a coupple of general points here, however.

1. ReactOS is far from Windows. It doesn't do nearly half of what windows does, nor does it offer performance gains, (actually it's slower), despite the few benchies on ROS sites. The fact that you say that you will be using this shows your ignorance. What the previous post said about Vienna means that by the time it's out, ReactOS's GUI will not only be even more inferior and outdated (lack of acceleration), but that new apps would then therefore be not compatible, since it's a complete new kernel, APIs, and GUI.

2. To me it sounds like you're a recent switcher from Windows to whatever, possibly to your inability to afford Windows Vista. I use Vista, and I love it, I also use and love OS X, as well as Gentoo Linux, custom compiled. Your immature language, poor comprehension of facts of the industry, and very unscientific one poll in a forum show that. You should know that one poll in a forum, which wasn't linked to, means nothing.

3. People here are not "Ms {censored} riders", we just call it as we see it. You are, rather, a Mac Zealot who just feels it neccisary since you switched to attack Microsoft. Many Mac users like MS and Windows, you are what give mac users their bad name.

4. I've seen roboskip state great facts, you've just been defensive and resulted to personal attacks and name calling, I swear, you are 14 years old. (And telling me you're not and have some college degree proves my point all too well)

5. OSes are all about choice. It's still less of a hassle to migrate from Xp to Vista, despite what Zealots will tell you, as most software will work, and it's still far more familiar. Vista is a large improvement over Xp, and UI preference, again, a matter of choice. I prever Vista's GUI over OS X. Beryl on makes them both look like a child, however. My move to Vista was seamless. There are just as many plenty hassles in other OSes. (OS 9 to OS X), (OS X 10.3 to 10.4) (New Linux kernel updates breaking tons of apps). It's the way software works, and it happens to everyone. However, since you "got off of MS", you feel the need to attack Microsoft's every mistake, but it's ok, and for the best if Apple or Linux, or you're oh so praised, behind development ReactOS do it.

So, in closing, I think I've made my point, and I think that most people would agree with me here. Again, I expect some half-legible response in return, attacking me more personally than anything else. My point has been made, and I see no other reason to ever respond to you again after this post, because you're probably too ignorant and immature for it to sink in.

Sincerely, an OS X, Linux and Vista user,

Track09

deja vu all over again. Vienna will have some of the infrastructure that was ripped from Vista because they kept failing deadlines. I believe Vista is the final Major OS release as we know it. It has failed although in time everyone who wants to run windows will have to upgrade to it if they want to surf with the new DirectX 10. MS has a way of forcing their product on people. What we are seeing this time around is companies, corporations, schools around the world are dropping Windows and running linux ! Once people can be absoutely assured of safety and security of their information to be kept on some server in the google nebula system, OS systems will be accessable via the internet.

.. Speaking of Vista has anyone got their flash drive memory sticks to work as added memory for Vista. I was trying to use my 1GB of verbatim via USB to add more memory it gave me the incompatable message............ Did you all know you could do this?

Readboost http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/archive/20.../02/615199.aspx

Edited by tripleboot

One thin I really hate about Vista is that "stupid thinking", that still took place in it.

For example:

I have the sidebar. I drag a gadget from the sidebar on the desk. Fine.

Now I want to close the sidebar to free space on my desk, but each time I do that,

lol, the gadget is closed, too. No way to keep a gadget without sidebar.

Am I missing something?

deja vu all over again. Vienna will have some of the infrastructure that was ripped from Vista because they kept failing deadlines. I believe Vista is the final Major OS release as we know it. It has failed although in time everyone who wants to run windows will have to upgrade to it if they want to surf with the new DirectX 10. MS has a way of forcing their product on people. What we are seeing this time around is companies, corporations, schools around the world are dropping Windows and running linux ! Once people can be absoutely assured of safety and security of their information to be kept on some server in the google nebula system, OS systems will be accessable via the internet.

.. Speaking of Vista has anyone got their flash drive memory sticks to work as added memory for Vista. I was trying to use my 1GB of verbatim via USB to add more memory it gave me the incompatable message............ Did you all know you could do this?

Readboost http://blogs.msdn.com/tomarcher/archive/20.../02/615199.aspx

Ah, but see, the thing is, you're letting that Digg, macinsider, linux.org rumor mill get into your mind. A few corporations are switching, big deal, it's not that major, and you should not be so nieve to believe that it is so. OS systems accessable on the internet, last major OS release? You're talking out your ass, and looking like a fool.

@xtraa, when Dashboard can do that, let me know, till then, stop bitching. (3rd party extensions don't count)

First, a disclaimer. I only played with beta 1 and beta 2, and have no desire to slap down $200+ for an OS. I voted no. What I saw in the beta, I didn't particularly care for. The UAC is maddening (and Apple is dead on with that ad), the interface is too cluttered and compatibility is a major problem (not one of my games would work right with it.) That said, Aero Glass is slick, though not as impressive as Beryl on Ubuntu.