10.4.9 update from software update

*MiK

160 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I was able to update from JAS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 to 10.4.9 using paulicats method. However I noticed a slowdown in my hard drive access.

When I try to copy files between partitions (no difference between HFS+ or FAT32) it takes forever. System profiler shows me a rate of 2-3 MB/s and cpu usage is almost 100%. I am not sure if I missed a file or if I have to change any kext file.

Other then that the system is running.

would be very greatful if someone can point me to a solution or maybe can tell me which file actually is taking care of I/O operations. Maybe I need to add the hardware id for the VIA PT880 Ultra ?

My system:

Asrcock 4CoreDual-VSTA

E6600

2 GB RAM

VIA PT 880 Ultra

ATI 9800 Pro

2 IDE Drives (1st Windows Vista, 2nd OS X. partitions: hfs+ 25 gb, hfs+ 21 gb, fat32 6gb)

2 SATA as RAID 0 (only using them for vista)

Thank you,

oh by the way - how can I see which version of the semtex kernel is running ?

&^%$!&@$!%$@%!$@!% Gah why didn't I just leave well enough alone, I installed the 10.4.9 update and now when I reboot it just goes through the bios checks and then when I select it from the boot menu it shows the "loading Darwin" and then dies again. :thumbsup_anim: Can anyone help? How do I replace kexts? Can I read the mac files from a Vista OS on the same harddrive?

Got it working, following the instructions on Netkas' Blog

Only kext that I kept from 10.4.8 is AppleSMBIOS.kext. Read the blog carefully and follow it to the letter, it works!

I got some diskarb errors after the update, rebooted in single user mode and removed /etc/rc.installer_cleanup as advised on the blog. It works great, boots faster.

CPU: Intel E6400, Chipset: Intel P965/ICH8R.

Now I only need to get my wireless and audio cards working (but those didn't work in 10.4.8 either).

Kudos to Netkas!

i installed 10.4.9 before reading this and now Mac wont boot at all... shows drawin loading but then its restarts.... i guess i screwed it up

thats cause apples' mach_kernel is making it reboot :o

replace that among a few other things then you will be back to up and runnning.

-DiaboliK

I'm getting the

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SEE2 opcodecs
Started CPU 01

error. What should I do?

I'm on an Asus P5LD2-VM motherboard with a Pentium D 920, and an Asus radeon x1600 pro.

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it by replacing a couple .kext's. But now I don't have QE/CI and I can't mount .DMG's.

• 2 months later...
As in the topic title, my hackintosh software update is claiming to update my 10.4.8 to 10.4.9. Can i safely make this update without breaking down my osx?

thanks

As far as I read in the forum, this could break your osx installation.

I dont recommend it.

• 11 months later...