10.4.9 update from software update

*MiK

160 posts in this topic

Would you kindly tell me how to remove Application Enhancer, I also have such problem unsolved. Thanks!

Bruce

To uninstall Application Enhancer either:

Prior to version 2.0:

Click on APE Manager or Application Enhancer in System Preferences. Choose the Uninstall option under the Information tab.

Version 2.0 and newer:

Click on Application Enhancer in System Preferences. Click the "Troubleshooting..." button in the About tab. Click the "Uninstall Application Enhancer..." button and follow the instructions.

OR

Download the Application Enhancer installer from unsanity.com/haxies/ape run it and click uninstall.

Kill aped process using Activity Monitor

Remove /Library/Frameworks/ApplicationEnhancer.framework

Remove /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ApplicationEnhancer.bundle

Remove com.unsanity.* plist files from ~/Library/Preferences

Log Out / Log In

Empty Trash

Edited by joe75

Would you kindly tell me how to remove Application Enhancer, I also have such problem unsolved. Thanks!

Bruce

Open the System preferences and click the enhancer then goto troubleshooting and there is a uninstall option.

I used software update and swapped my kexts and kernel. Didn't backup 950 kexts, so I had black screen and used JaS 4.7 900 package. The update broke Taruga HDA sound. I ran 1.15 again and it broke my wireless, no AirPort found. I swapped in IONetwork again and fixed permissions and still no wireless.

Anybody got ideas <_>

Edit: fixed :)

Edited by joe75

I used software update and swapped my kexts and kernel. Didn't backup 950 kexts, so I had black screen and used JaS 4.7 900 package. The update broke Taruga HDA sound. I ran 1.15 again and it broke my wireless, no AirPort found. I swapped in IONetwork again and fixed permissions and still no wireless.

Anybody got ideas <_<

wireless is IO80211Family.kext :)

-DiaboliK

Hi,

I also had to replace the system.kext as bluetooth was scratcy without doing this.

aboutthismaci.jpeg

My kentsfield Quad core now shows up as 2 x core 2 duo, see above. Does this indicate what the next imac update might be?

Kernel panic:

Enabling MMX register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

Started CPU 01

It's Intel SSE2, any parameters to continue? CPUS=1? ACPI? Thanks very much.

Boot gets to this point and stops for me too. Anyone have any ideas? This is on an Intel 945GNT MB (JaS 10.4.8+Sem8.8.1). I tried most of the usual switches also, -s -f -x.

ar

I also have the same boot problem now. I'm running this on an SSE3 enable machine, but I get that same "Enabling MMX register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes" and then it gives me a line about buffer sizes and it freezes. I'm going to use the terminal in the install disk to try and reset all my /System../Extensions and see what happens, unless some one has better advice :) Any reason this would stop here?

For what it's worth: I'm new to OSX hacking (but been using linux for a long time) and I didn't want to install the Semthex patch, as I've found the DaemonES kernel works very well for me. I followed all the steps listed, but instead of using the auto-updater, I simply copied the DES kernel back to the proper place. I also followed all the GMA950 directions and copied my old system.kext back into the proper place and what not. The kexts that were removed - were they simply the older versions, or are they other hacked up versions we need to get this to work?

Thanks for the help in advance! I'm learning more and more about this all the time - hopefully I'll pick up enough and get into IOKit shortly to be useful ;)

still no wake up from sleep here.

KasperNL, you were supposed to make a backup of your Extensions folder before messing with this update - mind the basics.. ;) so yes, just grab the kext with pacifist

Dear BB,

I did make the backup (as written in the tutorial, see screendump), but in this directory I can't find these two .kext files..

Or am I doing something wrong?

post-85980-1173857058_thumb.jpg

I'm upping a pkg for people to test, Come on to irc.moofspeak.net and join #sake if u want to test

(Intel Only, BYO kernel -==OR==- use the 8.9.1 kernel for sse3 intel only)

To uninstall Application Enhancer either:

Prior to version 2.0:

Click on APE Manager or Application Enhancer in System Preferences. Choose the Uninstall option under the Information tab.

Version 2.0 and newer:

Click on Application Enhancer in System Preferences. Click the "Troubleshooting..." button in the About tab. Click the "Uninstall Application Enhancer..." button and follow the instructions.

OR

Download the Application Enhancer installer from unsanity.com/haxies/ape run it and click uninstall.

Kill aped process using Activity Monitor

Remove /Library/Frameworks/ApplicationEnhancer.framework

Remove /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ApplicationEnhancer.bundle

Remove com.unsanity.* plist files from ~/Library/Preferences

Log Out / Log In

Empty Trash

Thanks for the help!

But I wonder: Is it safe if we uninstall Application Enhancer? Is that the important program?

I'm upping a pkg for people to test, Come on to irc.moofspeak.net and join #sake if u want to test

(Intel Only, BYO kernel -==OR==- use the 8.9.1 kernel for sse3 intel only)

Kernel 8.9.1 sounds quite new to me... On my PowerBook G4 (updated to 10.4.9 yesterday) I've got Apple Kernel 8.9.0, so is this 8.9.1 Intel Only or is this still beta or release candidate?

Also would like to know what are the differences between this kernel and the Semthex 8.8.1 kernel I'm currently running on my Hackintosh.. At least the BYO kernels seems to be SSE3 only (which is no problem for me...)

kernelsor9.jpg

Kernel 8.9.1 sounds quite new to me... On my PowerBook G4 (updated to 10.4.9 yesterday) I've got Apple Kernel 8.9.0, so is this 8.9.1 Intel Only or is this still beta or release candidate?

Also would like to know what are the differences between this kernel and the Semthex 8.8.1 kernel I'm currently running on my Hackintosh.. At least the BYO kernels seems to be SSE3 only (which is no problem for me...)

Just gathered some information from the IRC channel meantioned above..

• 8.9.1 is not a special kernel version, Apple ships 8.9.1 kernels on Intel based mac (running 10.4.9).. Only PowerPC based macs stay on 8.9.0
  • Due to the fact that the source of the 8.9.1 kernel has not yet been released this 8.9.1 kernel is a binary hacked kernel.

So I will wait till Apple released the source and Semthex releases his 8.9.1 (compiled/optimized) kernel!

Edited by KasperNL

Dear BB,

I did make the backup (as written in the tutorial, see screendump), but in this directory I can't find these two .kext files..

scroll deeper, there MUST be a system.kext .. type system into the spotlight textfield in that window ..

Dear BB,

You're looking for Extensions.kextcache & Extensions.mkext right? They're in System/Library (not extensions). If you sort by name, they'll be right next to the Extensions folder.

HTH

scroll deeper, there MUST be a system.kext .. type system into the spotlight textfield in that window ..

You're damn right.. Found it.. Backuped the 10.4.9 version and copied the 10.4.8 version back.

But I still can't find the file kernel.framework, suggestions?

And probably I read over it.. But what is exactly the advantage of replacing the system.kext file?

(At least it didn't solve my dmg-mounting problem, that should be fixed by the kernel.framework right?)

Thanks for the help!

But I wonder: Is it safe if we uninstall Application Enhancer? Is that the important program?

Okie, I tried to uninstall Application Enhancer and the result is very good: Slow boot was fixed!

But then I can't use MIGHTY MOUSE app anymore ;) (it need Application Enhancer for running)

So, do we have any ways to uninstall Application Enhancer without brake MIGHTY MOUSE app?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by graphic Design

Kernel panic:

Enabling MMX register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

Started CPU 01

It's Intel SSE2, any parameters to continue? CPUS=1? ACPI? Thanks very much.

After i installed 10.4.9 (paulicat guide) i get the same: Started CPU 01

I'm running on a Core 2 Duo.

Anyone?

I don't get a kernel panic but screen freezes at "Started CPU 01"

That happens with the hpet kernel, without hpet, i get a kernel panic at the same message.

Tried my paulicat kernel backup, can't boot too..

Guess it's time for a reinstall ;)

works great here too on Intel with latest semthex kernel

only needed to use older appleHDA+ALCinect for audio, and keep old AppleSMBIOS and System.kext

I hope 8.9.1 kernel sources will be available soon and some wizard will do their magic with it :unsure: