118 replies to this topic

jam831

jam831

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

my keyboard is 2 battery whit your driver work at 70% i have a problem whit volume UP/DOWN and Mute have any idea?

Adz 2009

Adz 2009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

Can anyone post the 64 bit version of this?

Thanks

stevedev

stevedev

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
just a check, when I install this on win7, will this keep my existing pc keyboard drivers intact for my main keyboard? I will be switching out to a mac keyboard when I use specific software in win7.

-Steve

McTw1st

McTw1st

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
i just bought this keyboard and could anyone help me out with finding drivers for this keyboard for windows 7 x64???

http://store.apple.c...mco=MTA4Mzc5NDY

Sincerly // McTw1st

zeypher

zeypher

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit on a PC. I'm considering the purchase of an Apple Wireless Keyboard but would like to know if its possible to get the same functionality out of the keyboard on a PC as I would on a Mac - basically that all the keys would work like as if I was on a Mac.

I'm getting mixed messages, some are saying UAWK works, but others say they are having problems. Some say KeyTweak, Sharp Keys, but I'm not getting any definite answers.

Are the drivers posted on the first page workable on my system, and will it do the job? Just want to get a straight answer before I go out and buy this.

Thanks!

zeypher

zeypher

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anyone? Just want to know if those drivers from 2007 will work with Windows 7 PC.

Thanks.

ju40k

ju40k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hey it worked great for me !!!! Windows 7 ultimate 64bits, running on a PC. I was wondering how to do this awsome keyb work since i installed 7!!
Thanks a lot!!!!

Didn't work for me. When i run DPInst.exe Windows 7 x64 Ultimate says its unable to run the application (tried both x64 and x86 versions of the driver).

Please help!

flyup

flyup

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,
I bought apple wireless keyboard and i cannot pair it with my Acer pc running vista 64bit.
My pc can detect the wireless keyboard but the pairing fail, when i pairing the keyboard have 2 options:
'create a pairing code' or 'enter the pairing code' i tried both ways but neither of them works, the code i tried to use is 0000.
Anyone got any solutions? Is that my bluetooth adapter's problem or a PC cannot use apple wireless keyboard?
p/s: the apple keyboard is not that aluminium one, it's a old fashion apple wireless keyboard but i just like it.

thank you for any solution!!

gatsu_1981

gatsu_1981

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
Apple alu keyboard (wired) here.
Installed boot camp and 3.1 x64 update (on win 7 x64).

Everything works, now I can see my Apple volumes too.
But my Boot Camp control panel isn't launching... He is complaining about rights on boot disk.

I would like to use the boot camp control panel for changing the behaviour of FN key on my keyboard, since I would like to use the F keys as F keys, and only after pressing FN they should become quick keys / volume up & down / disk eject.

BTW, the osd for volume and everyghing is very neat :(

kobbyattrams

kobbyattrams

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
could you please help me out? i cant use my keyboard on my newly installed hackintosh i used iatkos v5i can the attachment below solve the problem? if not please help me out with the steps or the attachment if possible

Hi Allisone,

driver is attached

could you please help me out? i cant use my keyboard on my newly installed hackintosh i used iatkos v5i can the attachment below solve the problem? if not please help me out with the steps or the attachment if possible

Hi Allisone,

driver is attached

M4xim

M4xim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

But my Boot Camp control panel isn't launching... He is complaining about rights on boot disk.

I would like to use the boot camp control panel for changing the behaviour of FN key on my keyboard, since I would like to use the F keys as F keys, and only after pressing FN they should become quick keys / volume up & down / disk eject.

BTW, the osd for volume and everyghing is very neat :D

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to get proper FN-behavior working without bootcamp control pantel?

rafagzmn

rafagzmn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Did you manage to get proper FN-behavior working without bootcamp control pantel?

i have the same problem, i have windows 7 hombre premium 64, can anyone fix this?

Freaky Chokra

Freaky Chokra

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

BTW, the osd for volume and everyghing is very neat :rolleyes:

Same Bloody Problem!
I haven't been able to find the solution as of yet!
I really really wish either Apple fixes this or some Genius has the answer to this!
Renaming without F2 shortcut is a real pain, especially when you are dealing with loads of files everyday!

Regards,
Freaky Chokra :mellow:

M4xim

M4xim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys, I have figured out a working solution. I have attached all needed files.
How to use apple keyboard on Win7 X64 (any).

Lines inside quotes below aren't necessary here (refer to it, if you want to use your own extracted bootcamp 3.0 files), since all necessary files are already attached.

"""""Begin optional part""""""
Burn or mount the Bootcamp_Driver_3.0.iso

Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

In the folder "x64" copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstallerx64.exe" to the desktop too.

Extract "AppleKeyboardInstallerx64.exe" with your archive packer of choice.

You can remove the disk or image now.
""""""""End optional part""""""""""

Make sure the extracted "AppleKeyboardInstaller64" directory and "BootCamp64.msi" file from my archive are both on the desktop.

When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

Note, that the keyboard special keys will not work yet.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator:
1. You need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).
Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

***Note***
1. After install and restart type "msconfig" (without quotes) in the start menu and remove "boot camp" entry from the "Startup items", because it is not necessary and just
delays start-up procedure.

2. Stop and disable following services (type "services" in the start menu):
- Apple OS Switch Manager
- Apple Time Service

2. To change the fn-key behavior (to default F1-F12 and not to fn+F1 - fn+F12):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\KeyMagic\OSXFnBehavior

Change the value to REG_DWORD and value zero.

Optional: you can download bootcamp 3.1 from Apple site and update.

ENJOY!

Attached Files

Freaky Chokra

Freaky Chokra

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Hi guys, I have figured out a working solution. I have attached all needed files.

Lines inside quotes below aren't necessary here (refer to it, if you want to use your extracted bootcamp 3.0 files). All files already attached. Added to make this solution complete.--

In the folder "x64" copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstallerx64.exe" to the desktop too.

Make sure the extracted "AppleKeyboardInstaller64" directory and "BootCamp64.msi" file from my archive are both on the desktop.

1. You need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).

***Note***
1. After install and restart open msconig in the start menu and remove bootcamp from the "Startup items", because it is not necessary and just
delays starting procedure.

2. Stop and disable following services:
- Apple Time Service

ENJOY!

Hi M4xim.
Thanks for the guide and attached files too!
Will try right away, booting into Windows 7 x64 (64 bit) and revert with its status.
If it did, a free beer from moi!

Regards,
Freaky Chokra :D

M4xim

M4xim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hi M4xim.
Thanks for the guide and attached files too!
Will try right away, booting into Windows 7 x64 (64 bit) and revert with its status.
If it did, a free beer from moi!

Regards,
Freaky Chokra :ninja:

Hi, no problem! Note, that I did this on a normal Win7-x64-PC (Sony VAIO laptop), not on MAC with already installed Boot Camp. But I'm sure, it does the trick there also.

BR,

Maxim

rafagzmn

rafagzmn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Lines inside quotes below aren't necessary here (refer to it, if you want to use your own extracted bootcamp 3.0 files), since all necessary files are already attached.

***Note***
1. After install and restart type "msconfig" (without quotes) in the start menu and remove "boot camp" entry from the "Startup items", because it is not necessary and just
delays start-up procedure.

2. Stop and disable following services (type "services" in the start menu):
- Apple Time Service

ENJOY!

great tutorial, just one question ¿where can a find the "hkey_local_machine"?

thanks

Freaky Chokra

Freaky Chokra

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

great tutorial, just one question ¿where can a find the "hkey_local_machine"?

thanks

Hello rafagzmn.
Go to Start button -> Click on it then -> Run
Type regedt32
Press Enter
You will see an Windows style Explorer view of Windows Registry.

Here you will find the HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE tree.
Under that, keep navigating the structure as explained by M4xim, and you will find the said values.

@M4xim the :ninja: .......... THAT SOLUTION ROCKED......!!!!!
Now It's all Fn keys without me having to Press the "fn" key near "home" key!
Yes it works!

Thanks a Ton, M4xim!

Regards,
Freaky Chokra ;)

M4xim

M4xim

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Hello rafagzmn.
Go to Start button -> Click on it then -> Run
Type regedt32
Press Enter
You will see an Windows style Explorer view of Windows Registry.

Here you will find the HEKY_LOCAL_MACHINE tree.
Under that, keep navigating the structure as explained by M4xim, and you will find the said values.

@M4xim the :pirate2: .......... THAT SOLUTION ROCKED......!!!!!
Now It's all Fn keys without me having to Press the "fn" key near "home" key!
Yes it works!

Thanks a Ton, M4xim!

Regards,
Freaky Chokra :)

You're welcome! ;)

I'm glad, I could figure it out, since there are a lot of people facing exactly that same problem, so that sharing this solution is very satisfactory... :)

2 ALL regarding registry editing and fn-keys:
(I left out the info about regedit, considering it obvious, sorry)

A) As Chokra said in his post: to launch registry editor, type "regedit" in the start menu (not regedit32) and you will instantly see matched regedit.exe in the search results.

;) This DWORD value works as follows:

0 - your F-keys work as they should (i.e. just press F1 to access help and so on), fn-functionality (i.e. volume controls), on the other hand, works by pressing fn+(F1-F12)

1 - invokes exactly inverted behavior: secondary functionality is given by pressing (F1-F12)-keys directly, the actual F1-F12 keys are accessible by pressing corresponding fn+(F1-F12) buttons.

Best regards,

Maxim

Freaky Chokra

Freaky Chokra

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

You're welcome! ;)

I'm glad, I could figure it out, since there are a lot of people facing exactly that same problem, so that sharing this solution is very satisfactory... :)

2 ALL regarding registry editing and fn-keys:
(I left out the info about regedit, considering it obvious, sorry)

A) As Chokra said in his post: to launch registry editor, type "regedit" in the start menu (not regedit32) and you will instantly see matched regedit.exe in the search results.

;) This DWORD value works as follows:

0 - your F-keys work as they should (i.e. just press F1 to access help and so on), fn-functionality (i.e. volume controls), on the other hand, works by pressing fn+(F1-F12)

1 - invokes exactly inverted behavior: secondary functionality is given by pressing (F1-F12)-keys directly, the actual F1-F12 keys are accessible by pressing corresponding fn+(F1-F12) buttons.

Best regards,

Maxim

Hey Ya M4xim! Thx for that!

However, regedt32 is actually the File that is available in Windows since Windows 2000 and later.
I don't know the difference between regedt32 & regedit

NOTE: one has "32" and the other has only an "i".

Lastly, the value is a HEXadecimal Value....

SO THOSE who are going to edit, please do confirm that the value inside the edit box isn't longer or "displaces the last 0 (zero) towards to extreme right.

Regards,
Freaky Chokra :rolleyes:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy