• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

sayumin

sayumin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Does anyone have the Apple Keyboard driver for Windows?

Can you share it?Thank you! :)

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
If you have BootCamp installed open Utilities Folder, on Boot Camp Assistant contol click and Show Pacakage Contents, open Contents folder, then Resources Folder, ther is DiskImage.dmg , you can burn that image, there are all the drivers for Apple hardware.

sayumin

sayumin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for your reply,macgirl.
I am using the Hackingtosh.I just bought an Apple G5 keyboard,and want to use it in my Windows XP.
so,I cann't install Bootcamp,but,I know where can I download it,now.THANK YOU <_<

Edited by sayumin, 14 March 2007 - 05:23 AM.

macgirl

macgirl

Stargate's Pharaoh

• Retired
  • 7,612 posts
  • Interests:Techie gadgets
BootCamp does not install on Hackitoshes, but you may if you use Pacifist, even if you use Pacifist you can extract only the Drivers' CD image.

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
All Vista/Windows driver here: http://forum.insanel...showtopic=43983

Edited by Bartboy919, 14 March 2007 - 06:16 PM.

Stylus1

Stylus1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there people!

A year ago I've bought a aluminium flat Apple keyboard, I have a PC running Vista and Windows 7, both x64, and Iwould like to take the full advantage of the keyboard shortcuts, but I can't find any driver to do the job and use it as a ordinary keyboard.

When I install the driver the installer says it cannot find any Apple keyboard, does anybody knows what should I do?

Attached Files

Tilen

Tilen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi there people!

A year ago I've bought a aluminium flat Apple keyboard, I have a PC running Vista and Windows 7, both x64, and Iwould like to take the full advantage of the keyboard shortcuts, but I can't find any driver to do the job and use it as a ordinary keyboard.

When I install the driver the installer says it cannot find any Apple keyboard, does anybody knows what should I do?

I have the same problem :) running on 32bit Vista. The keyboard is detected only through USB port and not through Keyboard port (purple), but the installer doesn't recognize it in any way.

danielzzz

danielzzz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have the same problem :hysterical: running on 32bit Vista. The keyboard is detected only through USB port and not through Keyboard port (purple), but the installer doesn't recognize it in any way.

same here. anybody got the answer? I am desperate.

my apple wired keyboard works ok except:
fn + delete not working.
fn + up/down arrow not working
same symptom as the previous two posters when installing the driver. .. no apple keyboard detected. The keyboard is detected as a HID Keyboard Device in windows, not an "apple keyboard"

foureight84

foureight84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
in case you haven't found a solution, i recommend downloading sharpkeys. you can use this to remap the f13-f19 keys to something else. fn and the cd eject button is not detected by this program. however, one solution would be to write a program to capture the button code for these two buttons and remap that through the windows registry. but in all honesty, this is just a work around. i would love to see 64bit drivers compatible with windows 7.

hacbookpro

hacbookpro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 73 posts

in case you haven't found a solution, i recommend downloading sharpkeys. you can use this to remap the f13-f19 keys to something else. fn and the cd eject button is not detected by this program. however, one solution would be to write a program to capture the button code for these two buttons and remap that through the windows registry. but in all honesty, this is just a work around. i would love to see 64bit drivers compatible with windows 7.

Also getting the exact same problem running windows 7 64 bit :s hope they release new drivers, I really like apples products and windows 7 is really nice to use

Chrome262

Chrome262

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Also getting the exact same problem running windows 7 64 bit :s hope they release new drivers, I really like apples products and windows 7 is really nice to use

Same problem with vista 64, are there just drivers that we can point to for windows instead of and exe.

JaKXz

JaKXz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, Im running windows 7 32-bit Ultimate on my MacBook 4.1 (the polycarbonate one), and my keyboard driver is not working properly. My slash-question mark key doesnt work properly, as well as the square brackets, apostrophes etc. (Essentially all the keys from the letter P over). I would really appreciate a working driver... ive tried the one http://www.insanelym...showtopic=43983 here, and it doesnt even recognize my apple keyboard (like danielzzz above, the keyboard is recognized only as an HID keyboard), so a working one would be appreciated =).

Thanks in advance

Allisone

Allisone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Here is what I can tell about a Samsung Q35 Notebook with Win7
I have 2 apple alu wireless keyboards.
(They look the same !! But only from the outside !!!)

One uses 2 batteries
One uses 3 batteries

The one with 3 batteries is recognized in Win 7 (everything, fn-delete for del, volume up/down, eject) with all the nice images that pop up, when you push a special button. In the drivers settings I can see that Win7 chooses the Apple Bootcamp driver.

The one with 2 batteries on the other hand, well, it doesn't like me. I have tried so many things. It only works with the Windows drivers (so no special keys and no keypush-popups) and no matter what I tried, I couldn't make Windows use the Apple Bootcamp driver it uses for the other (so identical looking) keyboard.

Also found an Apple Support entry, that might be related
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3038

If some still finds a way to get the 2 battery mac wireless keyboard working on win 7 on a pc (not mac).... Please tell me how.

kingtyboonone

kingtyboonone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
First of all, i'm sorry for my poor english.

I've found a solution to use apple's keyboard on Vista without BootCamp. (On hackintosh in my case)

First of all boot in windows, then insert your Snow Leo disc.
Open a new window to explore disc content.
Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp.msi" or "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

in the same folder copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" or take the one in "x64" folder if you're on x64 system.

When the two files are copied on your desktop you can eject the disk.

Then with an utility like Winrar or 7-Zip extract the "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" content.
When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

But the keyboard will work now.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator.
To run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator, first of all, you need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).
Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

eraora

eraora

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Wow ! it work perfectly on seven.

Many thanks now the media and volume key are working in windoz.

ninetto

ninetto

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Wow ! it work perfectly on seven.

Many thanks now the media and volume key are working in windoz.

Does this work in windows 7 or just Vista?
Just want to know before I buy the apple alu keyboard for my new Hack...
thanx &

hiside, ninetto

maxxxxxx

maxxxxxx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

Here is what I can tell about a Samsung Q35 Notebook with Win7
I have 2 apple alu wireless keyboards.
(They look the same !! But only from the outside !!!)

One uses 2 batteries
One uses 3 batteries

The one with 3 batteries is recognized in Win 7 (everything, fn-delete for del, volume up/down, eject) with all the nice images that pop up, when you push a special button. In the drivers settings I can see that Win7 chooses the Apple Bootcamp driver.

The one with 2 batteries on the other hand, well, it doesn't like me. I have tried so many things. It only works with the Windows drivers (so no special keys and no keypush-popups) and no matter what I tried, I couldn't make Windows use the Apple Bootcamp driver it uses for the other (so identical looking) keyboard.

Also found an Apple Support entry, that might be related
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3038

If some still finds a way to get the 2 battery mac wireless keyboard working on win 7 on a pc (not mac).... Please tell me how.

Attached Files

ninetto

ninetto

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

driver is attached

Thanks, yr a champ!

magikjc

magikjc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First of all, i'm sorry for my poor english.

I've found a solution to use apple's keyboard on Vista without BootCamp. (On hackintosh in my case)

First of all boot in windows, then insert your Snow Leo disc.
Open a new window to explore disc content.
Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp.msi" or "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

in the same folder copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" or take the one in "x64" folder if you're on x64 system.

When the two files are copied on your desktop you can eject the disk.

Then with an utility like Winrar or 7-Zip extract the "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" content.
When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

But the keyboard will work now.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator.
To run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator, first of all, you need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).
Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

Hey it worked great for me !!!! Windows 7 ultimate 64bits, running on a PC. I was wondering how to do this awsome keyb work since i installed 7!!
Thanks a lot!!!!

jam831

jam831

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
scuseme i have a apple wireless keyboard whit 2 battery but the key of mute, VolUp , VolDown don't active.

why???

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy