Apple Keyboard driver for Windows

sayumin

120 posts in this topic

If you have BootCamp installed open Utilities Folder, on Boot Camp Assistant contol click and Show Pacakage Contents, open Contents folder, then Resources Folder, ther is DiskImage.dmg , you can burn that image, there are all the drivers for Apple hardware.

Thanks for your reply,macgirl.

I am using the Hackingtosh.I just bought an Apple G5 keyboard,and want to use it in my Windows XP.

so,I cann't install Bootcamp,but,I know where can I download it,now.THANK YOU <_<

Edited by sayumin

• 2 years later...

Hi there people!

A year ago I've bought a aluminium flat Apple keyboard, I have a PC running Vista and Windows 7, both x64, and Iwould like to take the full advantage of the keyboard shortcuts, but I can't find any driver to do the job and use it as a ordinary keyboard.

When I install the driver the installer says it cannot find any Apple keyboard, does anybody knows what should I do?

post-405192-1238769611_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
Hi there people!

A year ago I've bought a aluminium flat Apple keyboard, I have a PC running Vista and Windows 7, both x64, and Iwould like to take the full advantage of the keyboard shortcuts, but I can't find any driver to do the job and use it as a ordinary keyboard.

When I install the driver the installer says it cannot find any Apple keyboard, does anybody knows what should I do?

I have the same problem :) running on 32bit Vista. The keyboard is detected only through USB port and not through Keyboard port (purple), but the installer doesn't recognize it in any way.

I have the same problem :hysterical: running on 32bit Vista. The keyboard is detected only through USB port and not through Keyboard port (purple), but the installer doesn't recognize it in any way.

same here. anybody got the answer? I am desperate.

my apple wired keyboard works ok except:

fn + delete not working.

fn + up/down arrow not working

same symptom as the previous two posters when installing the driver. .. no apple keyboard detected. The keyboard is detected as a HID Keyboard Device in windows, not an "apple keyboard"

in case you haven't found a solution, i recommend downloading sharpkeys. you can use this to remap the f13-f19 keys to something else. fn and the cd eject button is not detected by this program. however, one solution would be to write a program to capture the button code for these two buttons and remap that through the windows registry. but in all honesty, this is just a work around. i would love to see 64bit drivers compatible with windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...
in case you haven't found a solution, i recommend downloading sharpkeys. you can use this to remap the f13-f19 keys to something else. fn and the cd eject button is not detected by this program. however, one solution would be to write a program to capture the button code for these two buttons and remap that through the windows registry. but in all honesty, this is just a work around. i would love to see 64bit drivers compatible with windows 7.

Also getting the exact same problem running windows 7 64 bit :s hope they release new drivers, I really like apples products and windows 7 is really nice to use

• 2 months later...
Also getting the exact same problem running windows 7 64 bit :s hope they release new drivers, I really like apples products and windows 7 is really nice to use

Same problem with vista 64, are there just drivers that we can point to for windows instead of and exe.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, Im running windows 7 32-bit Ultimate on my MacBook 4.1 (the polycarbonate one), and my keyboard driver is not working properly. My slash-question mark key doesnt work properly, as well as the square brackets, apostrophes etc. (Essentially all the keys from the letter P over). I would really appreciate a working driver... ive tried the one http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=43983 here, and it doesnt even recognize my apple keyboard (like danielzzz above, the keyboard is recognized only as an HID keyboard), so a working one would be appreciated =).

Thanks in advance

• 5 weeks later...

Here is what I can tell about a Samsung Q35 Notebook with Win7

I have 2 apple alu wireless keyboards.

(They look the same !! But only from the outside !!!)

One uses 2 batteries

One uses 3 batteries

The one with 3 batteries is recognized in Win 7 (everything, fn-delete for del, volume up/down, eject) with all the nice images that pop up, when you push a special button. In the drivers settings I can see that Win7 chooses the Apple Bootcamp driver.

The one with 2 batteries on the other hand, well, it doesn't like me. I have tried so many things. It only works with the Windows drivers (so no special keys and no keypush-popups) and no matter what I tried, I couldn't make Windows use the Apple Bootcamp driver it uses for the other (so identical looking) keyboard.

Also found an Apple Support entry, that might be related

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3038

If some still finds a way to get the 2 battery mac wireless keyboard working on win 7 on a pc (not mac).... Please tell me how.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, i'm sorry for my poor english.

I've found a solution to use apple's keyboard on Vista without BootCamp. (On hackintosh in my case)

First of all boot in windows, then insert your Snow Leo disc.

Open a new window to explore disc content.

Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp.msi" or "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

in the same folder copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" or take the one in "x64" folder if you're on x64 system.

When the two files are copied on your desktop you can eject the disk.

Then with an utility like Winrar or 7-Zip extract the "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" content.

When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

But the keyboard will work now.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator.

To run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator, first of all, you need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).

Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Wow ! it work perfectly on seven.

Many thanks now the media and volume key are working in windoz.

Does this work in windows 7 or just Vista?

Just want to know before I buy the apple alu keyboard for my new Hack...

thanx &

hiside, ninetto

Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

Here is what I can tell about a Samsung Q35 Notebook with Win7

I have 2 apple alu wireless keyboards.

(They look the same !! But only from the outside !!!)

One uses 2 batteries

One uses 3 batteries

The one with 3 batteries is recognized in Win 7 (everything, fn-delete for del, volume up/down, eject) with all the nice images that pop up, when you push a special button. In the drivers settings I can see that Win7 chooses the Apple Bootcamp driver.

The one with 2 batteries on the other hand, well, it doesn't like me. I have tried so many things. It only works with the Windows drivers (so no special keys and no keypush-popups) and no matter what I tried, I couldn't make Windows use the Apple Bootcamp driver it uses for the other (so identical looking) keyboard.

Also found an Apple Support entry, that might be related

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3038

If some still finds a way to get the 2 battery mac wireless keyboard working on win 7 on a pc (not mac).... Please tell me how.

keyboard.rar

First of all, i'm sorry for my poor english.

I've found a solution to use apple's keyboard on Vista without BootCamp. (On hackintosh in my case)

First of all boot in windows, then insert your Snow Leo disc.

Open a new window to explore disc content.

Go to Folder "Boot Camp" > "Drivers" > "Apple"

then copy "BootCamp.msi" or "BootCamp64.msi" to your desktop.

in the same folder copy the file "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" or take the one in "x64" folder if you're on x64 system.

When the two files are copied on your desktop you can eject the disk.

Then with an utility like Winrar or 7-Zip extract the "AppleKeyboardInstaller.exe" content.

When it's done run the file "DPInst.exe"

But the keyboard will work now.

After that, search you need to run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator.

To run "BootCamp.msi" as administrator, first of all, you need to open cmd as administrator ("start menu" > "all programs" > accessories > "command prompt" then right click "run as administrator")

In the command prompt, go to your desktop (cd /Users/*your users' name*/Desktop).

Then type "BootCamp.msi".

When the install is finish, reboot and it's ok!

Hey it worked great for me !!!! Windows 7 ultimate 64bits, running on a PC. I was wondering how to do this awsome keyb work since i installed 7!!

Thanks a lot!!!!

Hi Allisone,

I think you should try the driver coming with boot camp 2.2 update package. I also have a 2-batteries keyboard, and turns out it works with this new driver.

driver is attached

my keyboard is 2 battery whit your driver work at 70% i have a problem whit volume UP/DOWN and Mute have any idea?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Allisone,

driver is attached

Can anyone post the 64 bit version of this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there,

I'm using Windows 7 Pro 32-bit on a PC. I'm considering the purchase of an Apple Wireless Keyboard but would like to know if its possible to get the same functionality out of the keyboard on a PC as I would on a Mac - basically that all the keys would work like as if I was on a Mac.

I'm getting mixed messages, some are saying UAWK works, but others say they are having problems. Some say KeyTweak, Sharp Keys, but I'm not getting any definite answers.

Are the drivers posted on the first page workable on my system, and will it do the job? Just want to get a straight answer before I go out and buy this.

Thanks!