Mac OS X Intel (10.4.8 or up) driver for HDSPe MADI, AES, RayDAT, AIO, MADIface, Multiface, Digiface, RPM. See readme.txt for important notes!
RME Intelligent Audio Solutions
Hammerfall DSPe Series
Driver for Mac OS X Intel 10.4.8 and up
Notes on driver version 2.63
1. New in Version 2.63
- Support for HDSPe Multiface, Digiface, RPM added.
Before using the HDSPe driver for the Multiface/Digiface/RPM you have to delete the previous driver (hdsp_173_x86 or below) manually in case it is installed. Move the following files from the Finder into the trash bin:
- /Library/Audio/MIDI Drivers/Hammerfall DSP MIDI.plugin
- Programs/Hammerfall DSP Settings
- Programs/Hammerfall DSP Mixer
New in Version 2.62
- Settings program now based on Cocoa instead of Carbon
- Memory leak problems with Mac OSX 10.5 fixed.
- Bugfix Settings RayDAT: Wrong order of the PrefSyncRef buttons corrected.
New in Version 2.61
- MADIface: MIDI port did not work
- Buttons in MADIface settings dialog did not work.
- Sample rate control in slave mode with double and quad speed frequencies changed.
New in Version 2.60
- Compatibility issues of driver 2.59 with Logic fixed (worked with 2.57)
- TCO-Settings did not work with RayDAT and AIO card.
New in Version 2.59
- Support for HDSPe RayDAT, AES, AIO and MADIface
- Several bugs in TotalMix fixed
- Several new features in TotalMix due to the shared code base with the Windows version (not yet fully finished)
- Completely new routines to use the DDS dialog as efficient as possible
- In Slave mode the input sample rate is reference for CoreAudio. This changes the driver's behaviour compared to earlier versions.
- When using more than one card the driver prevents invalid states (for example different sample rates in Slave mode)
New in Version 2.57
- HDSPe MADI + TCO: MTC MIDI In port did not work.
- TCO Settings: Frequency status did not show the exact value.
- TotalMix: ‘Save all Presets as’ bug fixed
- Performance at low buffer sizes (32 samples) improved
New in Version 2.56
- HDSPe MADI Bugfix: Sample rate in master mode was about 283 ppm too low
New in Version 2.55
- Support for HDSPe MADI + TCO, 128/176.4/192 kHz sample rates added
New in Version 2.54
- Support for HDSPe MADI
An updated manual covering all the new features is available from the RME website as PDF.
Double-click on hdspe_x86_263.gz to expand the archive file to hdspe_x86_263.tar and the folder hdspe_263, which includes the driver file hdspe.mpkg. Installation works automatically by a double-click on the mpkg (meta package) file.
Reboot the computer when installation is done.
3. Features and Limitations
This driver operates in non-interleave mode. It works for example using iTunes, Cubase SX, Nuendo, Live 1.5.2, Peak 3.1, VSamp 3.2.7, Spark (from version 2.6), Logic 5.4 and Reason 2.5.
Via System Preferences / Audio-MIDI Setup the hardware can be configured for the system wide usage. Programs that don't support card or channel selection will use the device selected as Standard-Input and Standard-Output. (Soundstudio, Mplayer, Amplitube etc.).
In the lower part of the window, the audiohardware's capabilities are shown and can be changed in some cases. On the record side no changes are possible. Programs that don't support channel selection will always use channels 1/2, the first stereo pair.
The playback can be configured freely and to any of the available playback channels. This is done via Speaker Setup. Even multichannel playback (Surround, DVD Player) can be set up easily.
Copyright RME 08/2008. All rights reserved. Macintosh, Apple and Mac OS are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Corporation. RME and Hammerfall are registered trademarks of RME Germany.