nVdia 8800 GTS on Mac Pro for Vista via Bootcamp

6 posts in this topic

Just bought new Mac Pro with (2) 2.66GHz Xeon dual-core CPUs; 1gb Ram; (useless) nVidia 7300GT "wtf apple"; thats pretty much it. Off the shelf from CompUSA. Last week before deciding to give the Mac desktops , a spin, own a MacBook Pro w\Core 2 Dou love it. I went out and got the nVidia 8800GTS for my PC desktop. Now I am kind of stuck. The Apple rep told me that he knows of a few people who installed the 8800GTS on their Mac Pro as a Secondary Display Adapter, but in the Primary PCIe slot, and there were no conflicts????? Can this be true???? Now, I love my MacBook Pro more than any other Laptop i've owned, but when it comes to desktops I have always been a PC guy, and am pretty knowledgable in intermediate modding and tweaking, but this Mac Pro is a headache. "it looks to simple" lol

So quite simply is there anyone who has succesfully installed a 8800GTS on a Mac Pro if so plesae advise in the way.

They work on OSX, but as a second card and needs any of the enablers (Titan, Natit, etc).

So if you have an SLI mother board you can do it? You just have to put the OSX86 compatible card in slot 0, and then put the 8800 series in slot 1? Or are you saying, pull the cards in and out depending on what OS you want to use?