10.4.7 Server (Intel)

djn_2004

12 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and I need your help.

1) I just recently bought a MacBookPro from a friend. I installed the Mac 10.4.7 Server (Intel) version, after everything was done. I didn't see the airport icon anymore and the system info said i have no airport card. So,...

2) I tried to update the server to 10.4.8 from apple (hoping to get the airport thing back) but after it's done. The OSx couldn't boot up. The screen started flickering and kept restarting. I seriously didn't know what to do. So,...

3) I tried to reinstall the OSx DVD that comes with the MBP and it wouldn't let me either, it says "....cannot install on this machine" RESTART. Now i'm stuck with macbookpro with a big empty space.

Please guys, anything would help.....very much appreciated.

Thanks,

D

In the case that you don't know or will not posible to boot from a livecd , in the way that says Paranoid marvin, to wipe the hard disk.

Take out the hard disk, connect it to a normal pc, an do a low level format..i remember that seagate have the "seagate power tools" to do that, fantastic, and you can try with the tool winhex too, or many of the live cd that are around.

Embio, a question for you..the sun inside the apple, is the one of the "SUN" logo?

• 2 months later...

The fact is that mine is one image that i found looking on the net...i have the mental ability of a monkey when is related to graphics, xD

Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and I need your help.

1) I just recently bought a MacBookPro from a friend. I installed the Mac 10.4.7 Server (Intel) version, after everything was done. I didn't see the airport icon anymore and the system info said i have no airport card. So,...

2) I tried to update the server to 10.4.8 from apple (hoping to get the airport thing back) but after it's done. The OSx couldn't boot up. The screen started flickering and kept restarting. I seriously didn't know what to do. So,...

3) I tried to reinstall the OSx DVD that comes with the MBP and it wouldn't let me either, it says "....cannot install on this machine" RESTART. Now i'm stuck with macbookpro with a big empty space.

Please guys, anything would help.....very much appreciated.

Thanks,

D

Two things...

First - stop mumblin... ;D Second of all - Install 10.4.7 Server normally - and than install this http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305391