Strange Skype sound problem

maxam79

6 posts in this topic

I have sound configured and working (SoundMax AD1888.) However, I have a peculiar issue with skype. Sound works when dialing (ie ringing sound) but after that I hear nothing (no voices.) Has anyone else experienced the same issue. Do you think it's a problem with the skype app or my sound device?

Also, I've noticed a very loud glitch that occurs randomly once a few minutes. Strange I hear nothing or it's hardly noticeable.

Voice quality and overall connection condition is better than on Windows, though.

Edited by insmac

• 1 year later...

I am experiencing the same problem with Skype on 10.5.5. Were you ever able to resolve it ?

I have sound configured and working (SoundMax AD1888.) However, I have a peculiar issue with skype. Sound works when dialing (ie ringing sound) but after that I hear nothing (no voices.) Has anyone else experienced the same issue. Do you think it's a problem with the skype app or my sound device?

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem too...

Have Leopard 10.5.5

AC97 sound working with no problems

I tried both Skype 2.7 and 2.6

Going to 2.6 resolved the issue of the other party not hearing me

but still... I can't hear them!!

It really sucks because I fell in love with OSX and use it as my main os now...

But skype is also essential for me, I use it every single day, and until I resolve the sound issue I am resigned to booting back to XP

Please... With a cherry on top...

We need help here!

LOL

^___^

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi guys!

I have Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.8 installed, and kernel is 8.8.1. I have tried MANY version of skype, from 1.5.0.80 to 2.8.0.866, ONLY version 1.5.0.80 can be run on my mac, but it logout immediately after its successful login, just said I need a new version skype and direct me to skype's website to download 2.8.0.866; other versions even CANNOT be loaded on my mac. So how can I use skype normally? And what version can be used on mac 10.4.8 please? If possible, can anybody show me a link for suitable skype please? Many thanks!