Forum Upgrades This Week

Swad

8 posts in this topic

Within the next few days (as in, the first part of this week) we'll be taking the forum down for upgrades, changes, and the revealing of our new skin!

This will be the new forum structure, one which will allow us to expand in the months and years to come.

Apple.

Front Page News

General Apple Discussion (About the company, rumors, etc)

OS X

---OSx86 Installation

---Patches, Fixes, and Tweaks

Mac Applications

Mac Gaming

Customizing your Mac

Apple Computers and General Hardware

---Drivers

Apple Multimedia

Apple Help and Support

Develop.

General Mac Development

----Porting PPC Applications

Betas

Collaborate ("Meet, greet, work together on a project")

Discuss.

The Genius Bar of Guides and Reviews

PC Mods and Overclocking

The Net (Browsers, Internet Apps, Websites, etc)

Windows Discussion

Linux/Unix

Non-English Forum.

Random.

Forum Announcements

OSx86 Project

Thunderdome

Laughs (Jokes, etc)

Deals (For cheap prices found, coupons, free stuff)

Thanks!

Assuming that this site will remain the same after the official release of OSx86, I think more thought needs to be put into hardware specifications. I browse through this board and it's a cluster f*ck of everyone getting help from a person that doesn't have the same hardware.

Motherboard: intel, amb, etc.

Video: nV, ATI, etc.

Data storage: sata, pata, ata, usb, etc.

If this site morphs inito The Official OSx86 "Apple Brand" Site, I guess you can ignore this post.

Our skin developer has hit a few snags, but the new skin will be up by the end of next week!

Domino-

I agree that people should follow your format when discussing hardware. But to answer your question, we're not morphing into an "Apple brand" site, we're just broadening the scope of the forum to make it easier for members to talk about their Macs. We're still all about OSx86. :(

I'm happy to hear that Mashugly. I hate to have you job. Especially sorting out the posts after the transition from 10.4.1 to 10.4.3. I have a good feeling that Maxxuss and the other guys are close to getting a universal patch together. Mixing the two seeds will create chaos :(