Reason why your love a real mac or your hackintosh

21 posts in this topic

Ever since i learn about hackintosh. I put it on just about every computer i own ( 1 intel board pc, 3gb of ram and 750gb geforce 7300 gs, 1 via board intel based pc, 2gb of ram and 120gb hard drive geforce 6200, 1 acer travelmate 370 and to come macbook pro). I just love the way a mac function never crash once you set it up right (hence: hackintosh systems). I ordered a real macbook pro for my portable system recently and cant wait to get it.

Few reasons i dont want to go back on windows:

1) Xp seem just too slow once you're on a mac with 4gb of ram. Some people told me xp only reconize and used only 512mb of the ram.

2) People that i know have many problems with their windows pc like no other. spywares random viruses and the famous blue screen of death.

3) Last but not least is today when i tried to install and test out windows vista on my 2nd system it gave me the blue screen of death after i install drivers that i wasted my time downloading. Thats just made me angry like no other and i did what i thought was neccessary to do was to format it again and put osx on it. Thanks to a great community that work on hackintosh resources to provide us with the closes working order of a real mac i was able to set it up in less than 1hr. WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I love OSX way more than XP (and I would never touch Vista). It's much prettier on the eyes and I appreciate it's stability, even on a Hackintosh. I would buy myself a real MacBook but I just dont like the design of the new Apple laptops. Mostly because:

1) I don't like their keyboards or trackpads - The keys don't have a nice feel to them and I hate not having a right click button.

2) I hate 16:9 widescreen displays. I really appreciate a good 4:3 aspect ratio and I never watch DVDs on my laptop soooo.......

3) Weak wireless reception

Why I love my hackintosh?

1) Great keyboard and touchpad (and a pointing stick too!)

2) A giant 15" 4:3 aspect screen with native UXGA (1600x1200)

3) HP W500 wireless which I am convinced is one of the most amazing wireless cards ever. My reception is insane; I can use the AP from my house from really really far away with no problems.

4) Better built in speakers (Harmon Kardon)

I love my real Mac (A PowerBook 12") because its very portable, it is never off (On or Sleep) so I just open and runs, I used to watch movies and TV series I connected the external TV adapter and a USB Sound card to a home theater. And I carried it avery day to my job and used it there instead of the job's PC.

I love my hacintosh because it helps me get my work done. No hassle, just fun. That is how I always wanted my PC to be.

I am also seriously thinking about getting a mac mini now, unless I find a cheap AGP card to replace my ageing and "mouse artifact" creating 128MB ATI 9800 Pro. Everything works flawless except for that. Hey, I even got my old Wacom SERIAL Tablet to work with OSX. That is just amazing.

Cheers,

hecker

Edited by hecker

switch to geforce agp cards i think it might help i switch over from x1300 pro to 7300 gs work better on my hackintosh. This OS jsut works now im even more happier my macbook pro arrived today at the shop i picked it up and having a blast now..

I love my Powerbook G4 15"

What I really enjoy about it, is when it breaks.

For example, a key came off the other day - I was amazed how precise and complicated the whole mechanism was. And the catch for the lid as well.

It's all so complicated yet simple, and works well.

I also love the way that despite having it for 1 1/2 years, i still find new things in the hardware and software.

Shame they brought out the Macbook Pro only 2 months after I got this..

hackintosh:

i love it because i can abuse it much more then my macbook pro. and it has massive hard drives and a constant internet connection, so i can constantly download torrents. i also love showing it off to people who think that os x cant run on a windows pc.

MBP:

it just works, never any big problems that stop me from doing anything, except this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...c=43055&hl= (if you have any ideas...)

got my macbook pro took it on 2 trips so far. had to admit its quite handy and useful. I have to say the functionality goes to hackintosh. 1000gb now bought more HD on the trip. 4gb of ram. and the system is on 24hr/7days and now since i could game on it :P a much happier mac user. The sim 2, aoe 3 and civ 4. Looking to get and try more games.

The reason i LOVE my hackintosh is because there is ALWAYS somthing to do and trying to solve stuff, Its WAY more funner than XP, its VERY STABLE and its Very easy to mess with things without the Blue Screen of Death comming on ever single time! I find it the Most Stable system i have EVER came across. I love my hackintosh and always will, Well Im still trying to solve my Video problem than my hackintosh will be PERFECT! :thumbsup_anim:

• 3 weeks later...

I always wanted to give OS X a good solid 1-month trial to see if it was really all it was cracked up to be, but never wanted to spend the money on the proprietary hardware that goes along with it unless I was convinced that I liked Mac OS X better.

Well, I'm coming up on one month now, and I'm really liking the OS X experience. There are some things that don't work as well as they do on my PC, but the majority of that is due to hardware on my Hackint0sh not being fully supported by the limited driver set in OS X. TV-out, for example, will not work for me no matter what I do.

It's a nebulous thing, but OS X really does have a better feel than XP and Vista, at least IMHO.

It's also fun to have something different, and a PC that runs OS X is certainly that. My buddy, who's been a hardcore Mac addict his whole life, was really stoked that I got OS X working on my PC.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to get a taste of OS X experience, after being a long time windows user (8yrs) so I fooled around with a Macbook Pro at the Apple store here, and felt how great the operating sytem was. Fell in love with both the hardware and software, and bought a Macbook Pro. Best $3200 spent hands down. Plus being able to play my favourite games in Windows XP through Bootcamp at great fps is an added bonus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For one a 2ghz G4 will run slightly above room temp at full usage, and consumes almost no power.

The below config runs on a 239w stock power supply.

The mars rovers are hand made G3s running VxWorks I believe.

1) Xp seem just too slow once you're on a mac with 4gb of ram. Some people told me xp only reconize and used only 512mb of the ram.

This isn't true. XP definitely detects more than 512mb of ram

Hackintosh rules! Mac forever woohoo! Installing Mac OS X on my PC has really showed me what it's capable of. There's just no ways I would go back to windoze for anything, except gaming, and then there's parallels.

What I love about Mac, (besides the awesome stability, good looks etc. etc.) is the wealth of high quality apps that are available for it. I never expected it. I guess the awesome platform is just an inspiration for developers to bring their best!

I find it to be a great internet OS. No worrying about viruses and spyware and other nasties.