mac book pro 12inch ever comic..

22 posts in this topic

Okay , i completely despise the fact that apple has NOT got a pro intel ultra portable out . I loved the 12 inch powerbook , and i want a equivalent with intel processors , does apple expect us to buy raggedy assed macbooks , with terrible graphics , plastic looks if we want a fast ultra portable , a 12inch macbook cannot compare with the aluminium finish 12 inch powerbook , i want to buy a mbp soon , and i would hope......apple launches a 12inch super notebook soon after leo , seriously how many of us just loved that model........i would like to know if insiders think its ever coming or , should i just buy a mbp 17 inch....i know the vast difference between 12inch and 17inch ...but i like my computer to be different and meaningful ...which the 12 inch were.....and 17 inch ones are ..let me know.....if someone knows....i doubt it though

fwiw, i've previously owned a PowerBook G4 12'' (1.33Ghz G4, 1.25Gb RAM) and a MacBook (1.83Ghz Core Duo, 2Gb RAM) and the MacBook utterly {censored} all over the PowerBook in all respects.

the macbook isnt THAT much bigger surely?

It isn't really, my daughter has my iBook 12" 1.2ghz G4, and I have a 13.3" Macbook at work.

Sizes are:

iBook 12" Height: 1.35 inches (3.42 cm), Width: 11.2 inches (28.5 cm), Depth: 9.06 inches (23.0 cm)

Macbook 13.3" Height: 1.08 inches (2.75 cm), Width: 12.78 inches (32.5 cm), Depth: 8.92 inches (22.7 cm)

It shows the Macbook is about as deep as the iBook 12" and only 1.5" wider, which is about what I see when the iBook is placed on top of the Macbook for size comparison, only 1.5" wider.

It is also only .3 ounces heavier at 5.2 ounces, compared to 4.9 ounces for the iBook.

The Powerbook 12 is only a little smaller then the iBook 12, by about .3" in each direction.

Your not going to get a big saving with 12" over 13.3".

I would expect a ultra light notebook to be even smaller the 12", maybe in the 10-11" widescreen, but the problem is not the screen. For a workable computer the keyboard and keys have to be regular size, and at 10-11" you are startin to lose real-estate to make regular size keys.

• 2 weeks later...
fwiw, .... the MacBook utterly {censored} all over the PowerBook in all respects.

:) What a description.

Someone today told me they heard that Apple are expecting to release a 12" macbook or macbook pro (wasn't sure which). Is there any truth to this?

Done a little research on googled and some news seems old and some more recent but all super light speculation.

I have put my ibook and a macbook near each other, there is a big difference in size.

I have put my iBook and Macbook next and on top of each other, and apart from the 1.5" in length difference, there is hardly any difference. You really didn't check the measurements at all, did you?

the truth is that measurements don't count as much as what a person's eyes notice

I'm sorry, but the truth is that measurements count more then perception, as measurements can't be distorted.

I'll leave everyone here to their perception that the macbook is a huge monster of a computer that displays a big difference in size compared to a 12" ibook.

very little difference in size, and the Macbook is very thin for such a powerful computer - as thick as 3 pen drives for christ sake! and I'd love to see how a Macbook Pro would cope when I dropped it once - it would be broken and I'd be facing a £400 repair bill.

I'm sorry, but the truth is that measurements count more then perception, as measurements can't be distorted.

I'll leave everyone here to their perception that the macbook is a huge monster of a computer that displays a big difference in size compared to a 12" ibook.

yea but if i say that my mbp is one quantafilliment long you dont know what that is or even care what is. when you are showed pictures then then they do not lie, they are taken seriously. im not saying it is a monster in comparison but just that it IS bigger.

hey , i think compared to the aluminium looks of powerbook 12 inch , the macbook looks pretty darn plastic . i never said anything about ibooks , who cares macbooks are way sexier than ibooks ? i just want a a aluminium ultra portable supercomputer or atleast a decent "graphics card in the macbooks" also i aint comparing macbook and 12inch powerbooks , i am just saying how nice it would be to have a super fast ultra portable , and forgive me if i am wrong but aluminium looks way better , remind you just "looks" / and mac book pro's are way faster than macbooks , and if there is a ultra portabe macbook pro with "intel processors" kicks the butt of macbook on graphics , the graphics on a macbook are {censored} , and if there was a 12 inch with nice graphics , who would not rather wanna buy it ? this thread is hopeless , my verdict , macbooks are way better than both powerbooks and ibooks , but if there was a macbook pro , 12 inch , it would be better than macbook....

madhur.

P.S - Just cause i have 12 posts dosent mean i aint entitled to have a view , maybe i came out a bit hard but , macbooks arent really that good , you get way better ultra portable by sony , with a actual graphics card in em , and i would not be using macbook for tossing around on "Oprah winfrey show like tom cruise " i am gonna use it to play some video games and record some of my music " so you have a point if what you do involves droping your "expensive" mac , but if you sit down and do your thang than i have a point too....dont get me wrong , a lot of my friends have macbooks they are good for basic uses , not good for recording with protools and logic and playing high graphics videogames ...thats it ?

again sorry for offending anyone , did not mean to , also macbooks are real good computers , and can make you feel like life is heaven ...for some people ...period...

oh the Macbooks graphics card is awful, no doubt about that. But it will handle Aqua, Aero, and Beryl very well and is great for video playback - I dont need it to do anything else. And as for the Sony ultra-portables - dont they cost twice as much and have a 1GHz Core Solo?

yeah , you cannot compare a mac and a pc.........i just want a nice graphics card in a macbook , its like the only thing that it lacks for "me" , well im going to buy a 17 inch macbook pro ...after leopards release when the new macbook pros come out , if a 12inch macbook pro is out by than , well and good other wise , its 17inch for me

• 1 month later...

hey all. this is my first post, actually just registered to voice my agreement with madhur. i am one of those people raised with PCs, but over the last two years i've fallen in love with my 12" G4 powerbook. i do a lot of technical stuff and i could really use the dual-boot environment allowed for with the intel chip - but i also play a lot of games, and i can't live without a dedicated graphics card. my friend's got the black macbook, and i agree the magnetic clasp and power connections are better, but i still prefer the G4's aluminum skin. how long will apple make us wait for a 12" mbp? isn't the demand there?

Before any complains about the Macbook you really need to answer some questions to yourself. Am I needing a macbook for gaming or for work? If you answer gaming then you really should be looking elsewhere, I mean macs in general arent known for superior game peformance but with that said Pros can pick up that end of the spectrum. If you work then MacBook is fine, and if you want to play light games then certain games do function on MacBook decently for a portable system with intergrated graphics... check out youtube if you dont believe me. There are also benchmarks that state the intergrated chip functions about as well in OpenGL as its G4 cousin with Radeon 9600.

Bottom line is in the form factor your looking for there are very few options without intergrated GPU. Most people who want portabilty are using it for work while travelling and battery life is the goal there. Gamers tend to want higher rez/size screens and are willing to lug bigger books around.

My $.02