• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
I quite frankly tired of having to burn a CD every time I want to install windows Vista on my mac, so for convieniance I will post every driver that is needed for vista that comes with the CD.

MODS: If I am violating anything feel free to PM and/or remove the stuff

EDIT: It would seem that the max upload is 2 mb. While this is fine form most things, the realtek and the sigmaTel sound drivers are both 20 MB. So unless they somehow up the max upload, sound guys are out of luck

Attached Files

Edited by Bartboy919, 02 March 2007 - 04:47 AM.

dragonpool

dragonpool

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
It's not needed to burn a CD EVERYTIME you install windows in mac.

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Its quite funny acctualy, I seem to lose the CD, and being a student cant afford to buy CD-R's.

pauljcg

pauljcg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
If you have a USB stick, external hard drive or memory card handy, you can copy the drivers from the Boot Camp application to that. Just control/right-click on the Boot Camp application and select Show Package Contents. From there go to Contents > Resources and open DiskImage.dmg. Copy the files from this disk image to a folder on your external device. Just be sure the external device is FAT32 formatted so that Windows can read it!

erbic

erbic

I am the Mighty Finder.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Or just install MacDrive...

Fossie

Fossie

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Thanks Man, these saved me alot of time.

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Trackpad driver added! For some reason I can't edit my first post. So I guess drivers will be down the thread as time goes on.

Attached Files

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
Again, the edit button seems to be screwy so im just going to add this for novice users

http://www.geocities.com/nja469/

Great site that give a detailed explanation for installing drivers in Vista

vfx

vfx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
i like this post

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
It would seem that I had forgotten to upload the Wifi Drivers and will do so later today, I would also appreciat it is this topic became a sticky so people would not have to dig around for this thread

offall

offall

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I just bought a apple keyboard for my hackintosh and thank you everymuch for providing those drivers, no my apple keyboard roars,

too bad the brightness control not working though

Is that suppose to work?

It would seem that I had forgotten to upload the Wifi Drivers and will do so later today, I would also appreciat it is this topic became a sticky so people would not have to dig around for this thread

Korrupted

Korrupted

Wandering Samurai

• Retired
  • 1,623 posts
  • Interests:Mac<br />Laptops
The aapltctp[trackpad] driver doesn't work for me when I try to install it:

The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work for Windows 32 bit systems.

Real mac specs in sig[except it's running Vista Ultimate now.]

rollcage

rollcage

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
Thank you! Now I don't have to reset the clock everytime I reboot! :)

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work for Windows 32 bit systems.

have you read this?

I also havent upladed the drivers due to being busy, I will get to that before the tuesday (hopefully)

Edited by Bartboy919, 18 March 2007 - 01:17 AM.

briliantone13

briliantone13

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I am getting that exact same error on my MacBook. In device manager/HID-Devices, I have disabled every driver in there, but none of them disabled the built in trackpad. Any help would be great, because Vista especially NEEDS a right click.

Don't you feel stupid when you post a question on a form, and answer it yourself 30 seconds later...

Anyway, I had been receiving an error message every time I tried to install the aapltctp driver. This is because I was trying to install it on the wrong device. On my MacBook, the driver for the trackpad was not located in HID devices, but in USB controllers. Go to Device Manager/Universal Serial Bus controllers. One driver listed was a USB Human Interface device. I opened the driver update dialogue, and was presented a choice of "USB Human Interface Device" or "Apple Trackpad". So I installed the Apple drivers on this device, and presto, I have a scrolling, right-clicking, Vista Ultimate running, MacBook.

Bartboy919

Bartboy919

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts
glad I could help, and welcome to InsanelyMac, I will hopefully upload the wifi drivers tommorow.

nylock10

nylock10

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts
Hi is it possible to use the Apple Remote with the Vista Media CenteR?

DsurioN

DsurioN

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
Yes there is a beta driver being tested ( i've sucessfully used media center with no problems)

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=39172

TIP: Once you installed the driver, tell MacIR.exe to run on startup (startup folder in start menu)

nylock10

nylock10

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Yes there is a beta driver being tested ( i've sucessfully used media center with no problems)

http://forum.insanel...showtopic=39172

TIP: Once you installed the driver, tell MacIR.exe to run on startup (startup folder in start menu)

Thank you very much!

Now I need to figure out how to use it lol

elektricity

elektricity

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
When I try and install the apple drivers for the trackpad, vista tells me the best drivers are already installed.

Any ideas?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy