Audio driver Realtek ALC861

17 posts in this topic

Hi

first of all, i'm a french user so sorry for my bad english :)

I have a toshiba notebook satellite A100-309 and install OsX x86, and my audio device and wifi card aren't detect

I see in many post that there is actually no driver for Intel wifi 3945 ABG (if i am wrong please tell me how)

For my audio card it's a Realtek High Definition Audio, i check in windows and i see in "Sound, video and game controllers" __> "Realtek High Definition Audio".

Vendor = "10EC"

Device = "0861"

And in "System devices"__> "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"

Vendor = "8086"

Device = "27D8"

I use the guide i found here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

and remplace "0x10ec0882" by "0x10ec0861"

and "0x27d88086" by "0x27d88086"

Unfortunatly it's don't work

Does anybody has the same problem and succeed to resolve it

Thanks you in advance

• 2 weeks later...
J'ai une Realtek ALC861 ausi mais je n'ai pas trouvé un solution. J'ai une Lenovo 3000 C200 avec la Realtek ALC861 et il ne fonctionne. Si vous trouvez une solution faites-moi savoir aussi. Merci beaucoup.

Moi ma ALC861 a fonctionner avec le guide que tu as mentionne avec les memes info que tu as obtenu.

je pourrais peut etre tenvoyer mon fichier peut etre ca taiderai :)

J'ai une Realtek ALC861 ausi mais je n'ai pas trouvé un solution. J'ai une Lenovo 3000 C200 avec la Realtek ALC861 et il ne fonctionne. Si vous trouvez une solution faites-moi savoir aussi. Merci beaucoup.

Moi ma ALC861 a fonctionner avec le guide que tu as mentionne avec les memes info que tu as obtenu.

je pourrais peut etre tenvoyer mon fichier peut etre ca taiderai ^_^

Hi all of you guys, well at first i did what was said in the guide a couple of time but it didnt work, and after a couple of times it finally worked, it seems that i was doing something wrong, now yesterday i reinstalled mac os and i tryed to pput my vendor and device id and it worked for me from the first time, so probably its just something that we were doing wrong ..

anyways i am gonna upload my kext file , my system is a

Toshiba Laptop A100-SK9

-OS Version: OSX 10.4.8 JAS SSE3

-Centrino Core Duo (T2500) 2.0GHZ

-120 GB SATA

-1GB DDR2 RAM

-Nvidia go 7600

-Realtek ALC861

-MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ-841S

-Ethernet Intel PRO100 VE, Firewire, internal modem

-Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG 802.11a/b/g

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...tables#A100-SK9

Sorry i dont know why i cant upload files here, Ill be back with a link

There is the file

:P note its only for an alc861, do a backup of yours cuz i cant be sure that it will work for you.

Realtek High Definition Audio

Vendor = "10EC"

Device = "0861"

Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio

Vendor = "8086"

Device = "27D8"

AppleAzaliaAudio.kext.zip

Edited by Omarh

• 1 month later...

Does it really work?

There is the file

:thumbsup_anim: note its only for an alc861, do a backup of yours cuz i cant be sure that it will work for you.

Vendor = "10EC"

Device = "0861"

Vendor = "8086"

Device = "27D8"

Well?

Does it really work?

And does it work with 10.4.9?

• 2 weeks later...
There is the file

:D note its only for an alc861, do a backup of yours cuz i cant be sure that it will work for you.

Vendor = "10EC"

Device = "0861"

Vendor = "8086"

Device = "27D8"

Does the audio input works???

Lucio

I used the dmg installer of AZALIA. I dont know where it is but i will try to upload it as soon as i can. Im using Toshiba Satellite a105-s4284 and i got the audio working using this patch. ALC880.Azalia.Fix.v2.pkg

I also have realtek hd in my laptop... My ethernet is also working. I can browse Safari and Opera. Wireless not working. But hoping kiwi will find solution for the 3945 soon.

I also installed FinalCut PRO and was able to capture and edit and incorporate LIVETYPE into it. everything else works. DVD STUDIO PRO, COMPRESSOR, and CINEMA TOOLS.

Also initially my QE and CI were not supported but i searched the JAS installer and found the driver for my Intel GMA 950 video card inside and just installed it. whoala! FCP works... because now quartz and core image is supported. Also initially i had problems with firewire, but as soon as i got FCP to load, i just replaced firewire settings and its fixed now. No problems loading FCP anymore.

im using:

Toshiba Satellite A105-S4284 laptop

1 GIG RAM

1.6 GHZ INtel Centrino Core DUO

100 GIG Drive

DVD WRiter

15.1 inch lcd

• 1 month later...
line in and mic and front line out don't work apple hda patch won't work (live withit or but new mother board like what im gona to do)

That will be a bit difficult for I'm using a laptop with a alc861 soundcard embedded

I cannot say this will work for everyone but I can say these two things worked for me. First I am using 4.10.9 Jas on a Toshiba A135-S4439 with a ACL861 Realtek audio chip and a internal RTL8101 NIC card. I first install a RTL1xxx_1.02pkg to get internet up and running.

Then after much much much searching thanks in big part to this site I found out that AzaliaAudio.pkg adressed my problem with audio support. Before when I went to Sounds in Preferences I would see nothing listed now I see HD Audio Output in the Output Tab. Now I have sound and video loads better.

Still cannot get my ABG3945 wireless card AKA IPW3945 to work. There are many recommending for better video support to install 3ivx MPEG-4.mpkg I did and I guess it helps but then again it was not doing anything before I had sound however, others have recommended this package.

I tried this install in VMWare and to be honest the boot times and load times were horrible. I would rather have this install local with no sound and no internet then have it in vm. Boot time is less then a minute on the machine and 2 to 3 minutes in the VMWare. Plus for some strange reason the cdrom drive would open as soon as the OS would load when in vm. To be fair there are some with systems that say it worked like a dream in VM. Maybe its the fact that my vmware install was a linux Host and I never attempted to find a way to install VM Tools. I personally think it runs far better locally. My next Laptop is going to be a Mac Book for sure. :o It runs good but seeing a Mac Book up close there is no real substitute but I am getting more and more sold each time I boot my machine.

• 2 weeks later...

this tutorial is very explicit... so good, (for the ALC861),but i got ALC862 and i could load the kext and it did recognize the output channel has Hd Audio output, but still i don't hear any sound from it... :censored2: well, bad luck for me, any ideas??? i saw in the realtek.com/download web page an array of drivers for unix (Linux derivates) that can solve any of this problem. I dont know if it applies to this kind of system... you tell something...

this tutorial is very explicit... so good, (for the ALC861),but i got ALC862 and i could load the kext and it did recognize the output channel has Hd Audio output, but still i don't hear any sound from it... ;) well, bad luck for me, any ideas??? i saw in the realtek.com/download web page an array of drivers for unix (Linux derivates) that can solve any of this problem. I dont know if it applies to this kind of system... you tell something...
Have you tried taruga's HDA patcher with a codec dump, made under linux, to solve your sound problem? You can read all about it and donwload the software here: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...aded&start=As for Realtek unix drivers, their work is done, I've contacted the support services and was told that there's no intention to support OSX. :( Any work being done will have to be through the OSX x86 community.I've noticed that you are experiencing CD/DVD burning issues, have you tried patching the device? See here how: http://www.patchburn.de/
I cannot say this will work for everyone but I can say these two things worked for me. First I am using 4.10.9 Jas on a Toshiba A135-S4439 with a ACL861 Realtek audio chip and a internal RTL8101 NIC card. I first install a RTL1xxx_1.02pkg to get internet up and running. Then after much much much searching thanks in big part to this site I found out that AzaliaAudio.pkg adressed my problem with audio support. Before when I went to Sounds in Preferences I would see nothing listed now I see HD Audio Output in the Output Tab. Now I have sound and video loads better.

Several people have reported that ALC861 works fine with edited Azalia Kexts on Toshiba systems. Unfortunally, I'm using a Asus laptop.

The specs and work done are here:

F3Jc (OSX 10.4.10) Using Uphuk's DVD + 4.10 update

Intel Pentium T5500 1.6 Ghz Core Duo -> (working 100%) Hard driver (working 100%) TouchPad (working 95%) USB2 (working 100%) CD/DVD (working 100% after installing Patchburn -> http://www.patchburn.de/) FireWire (working 100%) Graphic card Nvidia Geforce Go 7300 -> OK with QE/CI: Resolution 1280x800x32@60 (Sleep crashes computer) Bluetooth (working 100%) Sound Realtek ALC861 doesn't work and AppleHDA Patcher from Taruga is useless Network card Realtek RTL8xxxx works with driver from: http://www.installers.dl.am Wireless Intel 3945ABG not working but there's a driver here http://code.google.com/p/iwidarwin/ that could be the answer TouchPad working Built-in camera: Integrated Syntek DC-1125 USB 1.3mpx (Not working, but there's a linux driver at http://syntekdriver.sourceforge.net/ that could be easely ported. The Macam Project http://webcam-osx.sourceforge.net/ doesn't seem to be very interested in supporting this integrated webcam) Card reader not working (it works, out of the box with linux, though) Express Card not tested Battery works with patched PowerManagementBundle from: http://www.nedprod.com/Niall_stuff/MacOS%2...nagement.tar.gz