Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
No, your bug is not mine.

So I have no idea. Run an lspci -t and ioreg -lx

Dump the lot to a text file and upload em. When I get back from my trip I'll have a gander.

pegasys

pegasys

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
Yes, right click works fine - not sure why I thought it didn't when I posted earlier - probably had 'Write Anywhere' enabled or something stupid!

I'm still amazed how easy it was to get the pen working - thanks to everyone again. I remember messing around with Xandros, Lindows and Mandrake (as they were then called) on a TC1100 a few years ago and not getting anywhere very fast.

I'd love to get this working on my Fujitsu ST4021 (pure slate) - but it only has a P3 processor (no SSE2 for the OSX GUI). Has anyone had OSX running on the Fujitsu ST50xx series?

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Yeah, someone mentioned it in the old thread. However without the button panel driver (I'm not DONE yet!) or a security program for the inbuilt fingerprint reader, slate's arent as useful.

If I can get the button panel up (Mac, Alt, Rotate, User1, User2) and find a biometric control program (The integrated fingerprint readers work but need support software) we'll all be laughing.

rintintin

rintintin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Hi, just to say that I've installed Tablet Magic 2.0 beta 8 rc6 on an install of 10.4.6 Jas on my Toshiba M200 Tablet PC and the app works great.

Initially, it couldn't find a serial tablet - I'd forgotten to enable the wacom serial port in OS X - duh!

Went to

/system/library/extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and changed the IONameMatch string from PNP0501 to WACF004 , deleted kextcaches and rebooted.

Pegasys,
I'm really excited to find out that you got this working on an M200. I've been trying but somehow something is wrong. I'm using the 10.4.7 Jas on my M200, but when I change the string to WACF004, delete the kextcaches and reboot, I get an error saying, "System extension cannot be used. ... Apple16X50ACPI.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used...." Maybe this sounds like a silly question, but what is the right way to change this string? When I try to save the Info.plist file, it won't do it. So then I save it to the desktop and then drag it back into the Contents window. At this point it asks me to authenticate, I do, and it overwrites the old file. Is this the right way to do this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:OSX, iOS, reprap, science!

Maybe this sounds like a silly question, but what is the right way to change this string? When I try to save the Info.plist file, it won't do it. So then I save it to the desktop and then drag it back into the Contents window. At this point it asks me to authenticate, I do, and it overwrites the old file. Is this the right way to do this?

You likely need to fix the permissions on the plist file.

Try this in Terminal:

cd /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/
sudo chown root:wheel Info.plist
sudo chmod 644 Info.plist

That should do the trick.

In future, just use a smarter editor that allows you to save files you don't own by authenticating. BBEdit or TextMate does a fine job.

rintintin

rintintin

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you Scott! I did as you suggested, and I now have myself a Tablet Mac! Beautiful! Now I just need to find an app like One Note for the Mac and I can kiss Windows goodbye (again). I'm very happy with all the work you've put into this. Thanks.

Just for the record, I'm using this on an M200 with the 10.4.7 Jas install and the Tablet Magic 2b8rc7.

tamstoker

tamstoker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

No, your bug is not mine.

So I have no idea. Run an lspci -t and ioreg -lx

Dump the lot to a text file and upload em. When I get back from my trip I'll have a gander.

Ah, the system IS recognizing the hardware. I didnt realize that ioreg didn't show full information when run with no options. My ioreg entry is the same as stevef's

| +-o DIGI  <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain count 6>
	 | |   {
	 | |	 "_UID" = "1"
	 | |	 "name" = <"WACF005">
	 | |	 "_STA" = 0xd
	 | |	 "compatible" = <"ACPI\WACF004">
	 | |   }
	 | |

I tried copying this string exactly into Apple16X50ACPI.kext, deleting Extensions.*, and rebooting, but still no recognition by TabletMagic. I did notice, however, if WACF005 is in the file, Apple16X50ACPI.kext is loaded, but if a bogus string is in there, Apple16X50ACPI.kext doesn't load at boot time. Where is the logging for kernal extentions done?

I'll attach the full contents. FYI, lspci doesn't seem to come with a default 10.4.6 install, but I'm going to try to build it from source.
Just tried, it says darwin isnt supported. Does anyone know where there is a darwin version of it? I'll check the sources I have. For now, here is the ioreg output.

Oops, forgot to attach.

Here we go

Attached Files

tamstoker

tamstoker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I still don't have any devices in /dev. Do most people have a /dev/serial0? Is there a thread better for discussing general serial port issues?

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Don't look for it in /dev - just go into tablet magic - if you see a serial port it's working.

You're repairing permissions etc?

ALSO:

Will everyone PLEASE update your OS? Pain in the ass trying to problemsolve 5 versions of MacOS.

10.4.9 is stable and easy under SSE3 Intel. Sleep works on most systems if you disable hibernation.

hardboiledwonderland

hardboiledwonderland

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
M200 owners: what graphics drivers are you using for the FX Go 5200? I don't have Mac installed right now but I remember having trouble with that. Which driver should I use under 10.4.9 on an M200?

Nixwiz

Nixwiz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Added Tabletmagic rc8 on my Toshiba M4, fresh OSX Install, but no Tablet discovered

NB is running with Vesa driver, and Kernel 1.4.8

Is there a chance getting this to work on my hardware?

greets
n.

cw2k

cw2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
The TC1100 caused problems with linux as well. By default the digitizer is not mapped to any serial port. The solution was to run an executable to enable the serial port than the digitizer could be used.

see the code at the bottom of this page: http://linuxwacom.so.../howto/tabletpc

Could this method be adapted for OS X ?

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:OSX, iOS, reprap, science!

The TC1100 caused problems with linux as well. By default the digitizer is not mapped to any serial port. The solution was to run an executable to enable the serial port then the digitizer could be used.

I don't think this is adaptable to Mac OS X. For one thing, Mac OS X doesn't have the setserial command - and neither do Fink or Darwin-ports - and I don't know if Mac OS X uses the same system of IRQ numbers that Linux and Windows use - though theoretically it should. Have a look at the darwin source code for more information on that.

From what I understand, to get non-standard serial ports to be recognized on non-Apple hardware you need to write a kernel extension, or if it's a standard variety of serial port, use the instructions referred-to earlier in this thread to modify the Info.plist file in the appropriate kext file.

cartoonmonkey

cartoonmonkey

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey all, -I'm fairly new to all this, done all my searching, and now.. my cry for help:

I'm running 10.4.5 on a Motion Computing M1400 as a dual boot. (10.4.8 etc all reboot at the beginning of the install DVD)

Is there a way to upgrade OSX manually while osx itself is running? That is, without booting from the dvd?

I'd like to get a copy of the logging version of tabletmagic to try and get my digitzer working.
Can someone instruct me on getting things working with the pen, if possible?

The latest tabletmagic I have installed, only sees my USB bluetooth dongle in the list that says "automatic" -I get a tablet not found message.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help sort things out!
C

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
ioreg -lx

that command can be used to find the device name of your Tablet.

Follow the instructions given REPEATEDLY in this thread on modifying your kext.

OS 10.4.9 can be done on the fly.

Download the 10.4.9 intel COMBO update NOT the single, even if you have 10.4.8.
Use an IRC client to get the 10.4.9 kernel from irc.osx86.hu #1049

copy your /System/Library/Extensions foler do a safe place.
Run the combo update,

DO NOT LET IT RESTART WHEN IT IS FINISHED.

Replace smbios kext with the old one, and go into the terminal.

sudo rm -r /mach_kernel
mv /Users/Noob/Desktop/name_of_kernel_file /mach_kernel
diskutil repairpermissions /

Then reboot.

JSn1

JSn1

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
No news for the FinePoint tablet???

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
Not yet. Follow the instructions I gave in your other thread (in ../) to find the Serial Port ioname

Also, you really need to do two things: TO enable wifi, spend $20 to $30 on a supported Mini PCI(-E) Atheros or Broadcom wifi card - Your intel chipset will almost certainly never be supported and it is easier to just replace it.

Second, since your Mac works, Update it to 10.4.9! No point in lagging behind when 10.4.9 is so full of Stability, Security and productivity fixes!

Dainix

Dainix

Level 12 Warmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:15% APR for three years. After that, it's 20%.
I was able to get TabletMagic to identify that my Finepoint tablet existed, but it doesn't work. Replacing the PNP number with FPI2004 did the trick for finding it. If you need a tester on Finepoint tablets, I can do so.

This is the ioreg log:
| | +-o Apple16X50ACPI0  <class com_apple_driver_16X50ACPI, !registered, !m$
	 | |   | {
	 | |   |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.Apple16X50ACPI"
	 | |   |   "IOClass" = "com_apple_driver_16X50ACPI"
	 | |   |   "IONameMatched" = "FPI2004"
	 | |   |   "IOTTYBaseName" = "serial"
	 | |   |   "IOKitDebug" = 0x0
	 | |   |   "IOProbeScore" = 0x0
	 | |   |   "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
	 | |   |   "IONameMatch" = "FPI2004"
	 | |   |   "Location" = "ACPI Device=COMA"
	 | |   |   "IOProviderClass" = "IOACPIPlatformDevice"
	 | |   | }
	 | |   | 
	 | |   +-o Apple16X50UARTSync0  <class com_apple_driver_16X50UARTSync, regis$
	 | |	 | {
	 | |	 |   "Product Name" = "Built-in Serial Port (0)"
	 | |	 |   "UART Type" = "16550AF/C/CF FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200"
	 | |	 |   "IOTTYBaseName" = "serial"
	 | |	 |   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.driver.Apple16X50ACPI"
	 | |	 |   "IOTTYSuffix" = "0"
	 | |	 |   "Location" = "ACPI Device=COMA Base=0x6a8"
	 | |	 | }
	 | |	 | 
	 | |	 +-o IOSerialBSDClient  <class IOSerialBSDClient, registered, matche$
	 | |		 {
	 | |		   "IOTTYSuffix" = "0"
	 | |		   "CFBundleIdentifier" = "com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily"
	 | |		   "IOClass" = "IOSerialBSDClient"
	 | |		   "Product Name" = "Built-in Serial Port (0)"
	 | |		   "IOTTYBaseName" = "serial"
	 | |		   "IOSerialBSDClientType" = "IORS232SerialStream"
	 | |		   "IOProbeScore" = 0x3e8
	 | |		   "IOResourceMatch" = "IOBSD"
	 | |		   "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
	 | |		   "IOTTYDevice" = "serial0"
	 | |		   "IOCalloutDevice" = "/dev/cu.serial0"
	 | |		   "IODialinDevice" = "/dev/tty.serial0"
	 | |		   "IOProviderClass" = "IOSerialStreamSync"
	 | |		 }

This is what appears in the console log for TabletMagic:
TabletMagicDaemon v2.0b9
   (c) 2007 Thinkyhead Software <www.thinkyhead.com>

[INIT] renice -20 338 : Succeeded

[INIT] Machine Type: ADP2,1 (Hackintosh?)
   [PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 0) - (24568, 18428)
   [PROC] Screen Bounds: (0, 0) - (1023, 767)

[PORT] serial0: OPENED
   [PORT] Setting speed to 19200
   [PROC] "~#ISD V4"
   [INFO] ISD V4.00 (TabletPC)
   [INIT] TabletPC Detected

Tablet Settings (imposed):
   command set ..... Tablet PC
   output format ... BINARY
   terminator ...... CRLF
   packet size ..... 9
   baud rate ....... 19200
   data bits ....... 8
   parity .......... N
   stop bits ....... 1
   cts ............. OFF
   dsr ............. OFF
   transfer mode ... suppressed
   coord sys ....... ABS
   transfer rate ... 200
   resolution ...... 1270 lpi
   origin .......... UL
   oor data ........ OFF
   pnp ............. ON
   sensitivity ..... firm
   read height ..... 8mm+
   mdm ............. OFF
   tilt ............ ON
   mm command set .. MM1201
   orientation ..... landscape
   cursor data ..... 1234
   remote mode ..... OFF
   increment ....... 2
   interval ........ 2
   xrez ............ 1270
   yrez ............ 1270
   tablet width .... 24570
   tablet height ... 18430

Tablet initialized.

2007-04-13 11:08:10.883 System Preferences[335] Received [hello]
   2007-04-13 11:08:10.883 System Preferences[335] Received [port] serial0
   2007-04-13 11:08:11.092 System Preferences[335] Received [ready]
   2007-04-13 11:08:11.092 System Preferences[335] Received [model] ISD V4.0 (TabletPC)
   2007-04-13 11:08:11.094 System Preferences[335] Received [info] 0 7200C910,002,02,1270,1270 active
   2007-04-13 11:08:11.130 System Preferences[335] Received [geom] 0 0 24568 18428 : 0 0 1023 767 : 1 1 2 6 : 0 1.0000
   2007-04-13 11:08:11.140 System Preferences[335] Received [scale] 24570 18430

Everything seems to initialize correctly, but the screen still doesn't respond.

Ferret-Simpson

Ferret-Simpson

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
TabletMagic identifies the TabletPC by the fact that it isn't a mac, not by deducing anything about it. It's a better idea to do it this way anyway. And it won't work, because it doesn't understand the finepoint protocol.

Good to know you're a free tester though. :)

Dainix

Dainix

Level 12 Warmage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Interests:15% APR for three years. After that, it's 20%.
Would skimming through the fpit source code give us a better idea as to how it works?

If only OSX could take in X Window Server config files...This wouldn't be such a hassle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy