TabletMagic for TabletPCs

521 posts in this topic

Oops, I missed that. But if it is USB you might be able to use the Wacom drivers. I know that within a few months I should have a chance to test a tablet with USB, but that won't help you now.

And Scott, is there any time frame on an update for TabletMagic? (64-bit for example?)

oh no...!!! thats sad :censored2: i think many tablet get the hardware connected by usb...

i gone on the wacom site, but there are lot of drivers and i cant find out wich is mine, or wich could be compatible with mine.

any chance to help me to find out what i need to get this touchscreen work? or other solutions?

thanks in advance.

SAm

oh no...!!! thats sad :unsure: i think many tablet get the hardware connected by usb...

i gone on the wacom site, but there are lot of drivers and i cant find out wich is mine, or wich could be compatible with mine.

any chance to help me to find out what i need to get this touchscreen work? or other solutions?

thanks in advance.

SAm

I'm not sure if there are actually any differences between the drivers. As far as I can tell (with the testing I've done in just using various tablets) it's the same driver, just different updates. So, any driver should do, but then again, it might not work. I'd just download the latest one.

I'm not sure if there are actually any differences between the drivers. As far as I can tell (with the testing I've done in just using various tablets) it's the same driver, just different updates. So, any driver should do, but then again, it might not work. I'd just download the latest one.

i maybe found the latest driver you talkin about that shoudl recognize all the tablets, but it does not recognize mine, anyway to fix is (maybe with my device id) to get it to work?

thanks

i maybe found the latest driver you talkin about that shoudl recognize all the tablets, but it does not recognize mine, anyway to fix is (maybe with my device id) to get it to work?

thanks

I have no idea. I don't have a USB tablet PC and using the Wacom drivers was just a guess. You might have to do some more searching to find a way to get the drivers to recognise your tablet. You could try poking around inside the source files for the drivers and see if there is anything that will help but I'm not sure where to point you.

• 1 month later...

GETTING TABLET RECOGNIZED -- THE "-d" FIX IS GREAT!

Previously, I could only get my old Wacom UD-1212 tablet recognized by reinstalling tabletmagic every time I connected it -- pain in the butt. But I tried the described fix: adding the "-d" to the ProgramArguments section of the com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist file and now it just connects, every time perfectly! Thanks!!!

HOW TO FIX THE PROBLEM:

For those who don't understand how to do this, it's easier than it sounds:

1. Install TabletMagic.
  2. If you're using a serial-usb adapter for your tablet, find an appropriate driver to install for that adapter (for example: I installed Keyspan drivers with "Keyspan Serial Assistant").
  3. Go to the "Library" folder on your main hard drive (assuming you're running the Apple OS X operating system).
  4. Inside you'll find a folder named "LaunchAgents".
  5. Inside you'll find a document named "com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist"
  6. Click on it once, then "get info" about that file (using right click or command-i).
  7. click on the lock at the bottom, authorize with your user name, then change the "privileges" to permit you to "read/write" this document.
  8. Now open this file with TextEdit or other plain text editor.
  9. In the middle of the document you'll see <key>ProgramArguments</key>, followed by a column of entries inside <key> tags. At the bottom of that column, add this line of text, <string>-d</string>
  10. Type it exactly like I just did in plain text, so that it looks just like the lines above.
  11. Save and close this document. (If you can't save, it's because you didn't change the privileges appropriately when you looked at the document information. Try again.)
  12. Now, plug in your tablet and turn it on.
  13. Go to System Preferences and click on the Tablet Magic control panel.
  14. Click "enable" (top right). Your tablet should be found, if not click on the "automatic" find on the left (this should be unnecessary probably).
  15. VOILA! Enjoy :(

Note: I am using the Wacom UD-1212 tablet currently attached to a "Hackintosh" (a dell netbook laptop that I've 'hacked' to run Mac OS X) running a wide screen flat-panel monitor, and it works beautifully! The Wacom tablet cost me $35 on ebay, the netbook cost me $190, and the keyspan serial adapter cost me $25 -- total cost for a high-def artists tablet computer setup: $250 plus the extra large monitor that I already owned. The results? As responsive and detailed as any $5,000 Cintiq tablet-plus-MacBook setup. :)

• 2 weeks later...

HELP!

I have successfully installed varios flavors of OS X Leopard on my MotionComputing LE1600 and of Snow Leopard on a LE1700. So far, TabletMagic has done the job when it comes to recognizing the digitizer and detecting pressure sensitivity. My only issue so far is that when using Photoshop, Sketchbook and pretty much any painting program with pressure sensitivity capabilities, I get a weird artifact consisting in a big dot, spot or "blotch" at the end of my brush stroke.

Has any body else encountered this problem? If so, were you able to fix it and how? Thanks, all your help is appreciated. I'm attaching a sample of the artifacts.

post-125935-1279934197_thumb.jpg

Has any body else encountered this problem? If so, were you able to fix it and how? Thanks, all your help is appreciated. I'm attaching a sample of the artifacts.

This is a known issue with some graphics software, most notable in Photoshop. Photoshop in particular seems to misinterpret pressure, but it's possible that the order in which system tablet events are generated is confusing Photoshop. I've spent a lot of time trying to track down the issue, tried different ways of reporting pressure and pen up/down events, but nothing seems to satisfy Photoshop much. My only suggestion is not to use Photoshop for pressure-sensitive drawing, but instead use Flash or one of the newer drawing apps now available for Mac OS X, such as Acorn, Pixelmator, or Inkscape, which are much more savvy about OSX tablet events.

• 1 month later...

I couldn't get Tablet Magic 2b17d2 working on a Toshiba M700 (Wacom Penenabled Dual Touch - WACF009 - 38400 baud) - everytime I selected 38400 baud in the preference pane and then started Tablet Magic, it would switch back to 19200 baud.

I then found guffin's modified TabletMagicDaemon on the X61 thread and copied it to

/Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane/Contents/Resources/TabletMagicDaemon

replacing the one already there and now Tablet Magic is working ;)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...7574&st=240

• 2 weeks later...
HELP!

would you please someone explain how to install OSX on my Motion LE1600 ??? i mean i am going crazy since a week tried few different versions of OSX such IPC , IDENEB , IATKOS and having startup screen issue after installation done , i mean when i start the system apple logo with cross icon ... something wrong but don`t know what please need help . already entered Verbose mode end of the lines i see it says waiting for root or something like that please . any explanation step by step how to install and which one ...

My email address is : a r i f s h e n @ a o l . c o m

Best Regards,

Motion Computing LE1600

I have successfully installed varios flavors of OS X Leopard on my MotionComputing LE1600 and of Snow Leopard on a LE1700. So far, TabletMagic has done the job when it comes to recognizing the digitizer and detecting pressure sensitivity. My only issue so far is that when using Photoshop, Sketchbook and pretty much any painting program with pressure sensitivity capabilities, I get a weird artifact consisting in a big dot, spot or "blotch" at the end of my brush stroke.

post-125935-1279934197_thumb.jpg

would you please someone explain how to install OSX on my Motion LE1600 ??? i mean i am going crazy since a week tried few different versions of OSX such IPC , IDENEB , IATKOS and having startup screen issue after installation done , i mean when i start the system apple logo with cross icon ... something wrong but don`t know what please need help . already entered Verbose mode end of the lines i see it says waiting for root or something like that please . any explanation step by step how to install and which one ...

My email address is : a r i f s h e n @ a o l . c o m

Best Regards,

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have a great news for anyone who in need of rotate their internal screen:

http://dev.xiligroup.com/?p=1571

just download this file "xili-displays-pivotv5 for Macintel"

Internal screen rotation is now working perfectly on my T4220 (with X3100)... BUT there is one glitch.. when I have my T4220 on any rotation, the tablet part would go off (I assume since the resolution is changed) but I have tried to play around with TM settings but nothing works...

Help us Scott Lahteine!!

Noch

• 2 months later...

Lenovo X61 7767 (Multi touch 1024x768). TabletMagic 2.0b17d2, Snow Leopard 10.6.0

TabletMagic does NOT work. I tried 38400 baud hack - the daemon won't start.

I get serial 0 detected with WACD004 option in Apple16X50ACPI.kext. The tablet is detected (by TabletMagic), I got a positive Console response - but when I put my pen on the screen - NOTHING happens.

:D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Does anyone has successful story on SNOW Leopard?

Lenovo x61t -WACD004

Leopard -- Tablet working.

Snow Leopard -- search google, cannot find anyone has a success post.

-Jack

Yes. I have the following success on these models:

Motion LE1700 (10.6.7)

Fujitsu: t4215 (10.6.7)

IBM X60t (10.6.7)

IBM X61t (10.6.7)

Motion LE1600 (10.5.8)

You requiere 3 things for it to work, TabletEnabler.kext , Apple16X50Serial.kext , Tablet Magic.

(trick) use the built in digitizer on Tablet Magic to modify the (Apple16X50Serial.kext). reboot. If it works great good, if not , Move the Kext to the desktop and reboot...then use Kext Helper to install the same Apple16X50Serial.kext ....fix extension permissions. reboot.. Tablet Magic should work fine.

• 1 month later...

I have a Stylistic St5112, I have installed Snow leopard from a retail disk using Chameleon. I also was able to upgrade to 10.7 by attaching it to my "real" mac via USB, Bluetooth, Usb, and video seem t be working. I installed Tabletmagic but when I try to enable the digitizer it says it needs to reboot. It shuts down and goes to a blue screen with a spinning wheel and just sits there. And Any time I try to install kexts it does the same. can anyone help?

As far as and of the other things such as sound or wifi I can live without them. I just want to get the pen digitizer to work.

• 1 month later...
Ive had no success trying to get tablet magic working on my hp tc4200 .. strange cause it seems to work out of the box with other people. Any help? Im running ideneb.

Hi all,

I have the same problem, but with iPC. I've install Tabletmagic2 beta17, tabletEnabler.kext, edited the Apple16X50Serial.kext with WACF006, the result 'no tablet found', I also changed TabletPrefPanel(?) with one i've found here.

Only I can set serial port settings in the first run, after I hit enable, then restart, the settings turns to gray (unchangeable). When I change transfer rate from 9600bps to any value, the screen turns to full vertical stripes, like a VGA error, hardly can found the restart menu, but when I click on it, osx frozen with a kernel panic. I also try beta15, changing don't query and daemon kill settings, no result.

There's no bluetooth card installed to my tablet.

Sometimes, after i start Tablet magic, the mouse cursor duplicated, and some greey rectangle appear under it, but no other effect, except that every time I click on enable button inside Tablet Magic, an info*.plist is generated to the desktop where * means the actual date/time when i hit the button.

Under winXP or win7, tablet is working, so not hardware faulty.

Any ideas?

TabletMagic 2.0b18 is out today with some notable improvements and changes including mouse mode and a 64-bit preference pane. A logging version is available upon request to help develop for those systems that aren't yet fully supported.

Release Notes

This release is the first Universal build of TabletMagic, so System Preferences will no longer quit and reload when you open TabletMagic Preferences on a 64 bit system. It took a little while, but TM finally has Mouse Mode with scaling. This version of TabletMagic requires a minimum Mac OS X version of 10.4, marking the end of our support for all versions of Mac OS X before Tiger. Forever beta!

• Universal build (no more System Prefs restart)
  • Added mouse mode with scaling to the Mapping panel
  • Should handle WACF009 properly (at 38400 baud)
  • Changes to the XCode project for XCode 3 and 4
  • Wider layout in the Preference Pane
  • Added an experimental "Smoothing" option
  • New Preference Pane icon
  • Heading graphic donated by November Echo Design

(Disk Image, 754 K)

(NOTE: This build has issues on some systems. If you encounter any problem with this version, you should revert to 2.0b17d2, which can still be downloaded at http://www.thinkyhead.com/pub/TabletMagic2b17d2.dmg)

• 1 month later...

Will someone please help me to get TabletMagic working on my Motion LE1600. I have tried different versions and have edited the kext to have WACF004. I'm not sure if I'm editing the kext right though. I have also tried taking the kext out of the Extensions folder, rebooting, then putting it back in and rebooting. Anytime that TabletMagic is enabled it just says that there is no tablet found.

Someone please help. I spent a long time just figuring out how to get it to boot to OSX (which still has it's imperfections) and I have spent a long time trying to figure out how to get the tablet functoion to work.

• 2 months later...

Is there any way to use TabletMagic to calibrate the newer Wacom ISD-V4 that is USB-based? (i.e. the one in thinkpad x220 tablet). The tablet is picked up automatically and the pen works but the calibration is way off at the screen edges. Also the multitouch aspect only works as a mouse click.

Thanks!

Is there any way to use TabletMagic to calibrate the newer Wacom ISD-V4 that is USB-based?

Unfortunately TabletMagic doesn't interact with USB tablets, only RS232/242 serial ones, so it can only calibrate serial tablets.

Hi all, i got a problem, and i was hoping anyone of you could help me here. I've installed mac 10.5.7 plus tabletmagic on my st5112 tablet. Tabletmagic sometimes find my pen when i startup the tabletpc but it only works for a few seconds and then the pen doesn't work..

anyone know what is wrong?

• 6 months later...

is there a way to fix permanently the digitizer range in TabletMagic (2.0b18)? I'm asking because quite often (several times a day) TabletMagic would lose the digitizer range setting on my tabletPC (a Fujitsu Stylistic ST5112 running OSX 10.6.7) and replaced it with some not-so-random sub-range (seems to happen when the pen stays in the same place for some time, though this is not always reproducible). As a result, the pen and pointer would be out of sync and I need to go into the TableMagic preference pane and click on "Get From Stylus" in the Digitizer Range entry in order to recover the full range. If I then check the "Mapping" tab in the TM preference, I find that the restricted sub-range is found in the "Tablet" area on the left, I guess somehow TM is acting as if the "Mouse Mode" was active while it's not. This is rather annoying since it can be quite challenging to get to the TM preference by using only the pen when the pen and pointer aren't synced. Since the digitizer range is fixed for a particular tablet, there's really no reason to query it every time I guess, so if there's a way to permanently fix the digitizer range, it may solve the problem (I don't need the Mouse Mode and have it disabled). Thanks!

TM is supposed to preserve the digitizer range once it's been set. I'll have to play with it and see why this might be happening. Unfortunately I don't have a TabletPC to test with, so I may not be able to isolate the cause. This will take some time, as I am currently in the process of relocating to another state.

• Like 1

TM is supposed to preserve the digitizer range once it's been set. I'll have to play with it and see why this might be happening. Unfortunately I don't have a TabletPC to test with, so I may not be able to isolate the cause. This will take some time, as I am currently in the process of relocating to another state.

Thanks Scott! Would it help for debugging if I send you the console log or some other log files?