• Please log in to reply
520 replies to this topic

potuz

potuz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

My multitouch X61 tablet working on Ubuntu 8.04 with pen after install wacome-tools,and linuxwacom released new version 0.8.0,Serial Tablet PC with touch is supported. :D

That's great news!, I guess it's good bye to Vista, thanks for the tip.... I'll try it right now.

P.

CommanderData

CommanderData

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Hi Wrayal,

Thank you for pointing out that driver. It seems to be a very simple protocol, very different from a typical Wacom ISD-V4 digitizer. The driver controls a very simple pen, just a tip and no side buttons or eraser. Using the perl driver as a guide I've added a Fujitsu-P parser to the daemon, and would love to have you test it. But before that can happen I need to figure out a way to distinguish this computer from a typical TabletPC.

Also I don't know whether the digitizer is enabled in the BIOS (EFI) by default, but there are some clues available. First, to enable the tablet's serial port on Linux, at every boot you must use:

# setserial /dev/ttyS0 irq 4 port 0x220 autoconfig
# chmod a+rwx /dev/ttyS0

...and the reference driver script uses wacdump /dev/ttyS0 to get the tablet to start chatting. I'm not sure how this relates to enabled-ness, but maybe some reader of this forum can clarify.

To help me figure out how to detect your hardware, can you provide me with the output of ioreg? Just open Terminal and type or paste:

ioreg -l >~/Desktop/ioreg-fujitsu-p.out

...then reply to this message attaching the file to the reply.

Scott,
Since Wrayal is unable to help at the moment I figured I would give you some info. My ioreg was taken from a P1610, which has a serial touch screen the same size as the P1510, but higher resolution. From what I've read it seems that the P1510 linux interface method works on the P1610 with some small modifications.

See here:

http://www.coderapto..._Lifebook_P1610

More specifically, his link to a modified linux driver:

http://82.110.105.85...ble_touchscreen

Here is the ioreg from my P1610:
Attached File  ioreg_fujitsu_P1610.out.txt   177.51KB   35 downloads

I'll do whatever I can to help your data gathering and testing. If you can make this generic enough to support both the P1510 and P1610 it would be awesome! Thank you for your efforts.

liddel2

liddel2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
It worked for Motion M1400

midknightr

midknightr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

My multitouch X61 tablet working on Ubuntu 8.04 with pen after install wacome-tools,and linuxwacom released new version 0.8.0,Serial Tablet PC with touch is supported. :D

So does this mean that we are close to getting multitouch tablets wo work in OSX?

I say we, but I mean those of you who really know what you are doing (not me, I just copy what you guys do so that I can have a cool Mactablet X60).

Lee Wilmeth

Lee Wilmeth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

XP will suffice.

It will be interesting to see whether you can get this to work, and whether the Finepoint tablet uses the same communication protocol. I've heard one report of success on a Gateway M275, but this hasn't been independently confirmed.

I can confirm that you can install 10.4.8(JaS) on the Gateway M275. You will need to use the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.7 to get the ethernet port working. The installed wireless won't work, but it seems that the Dell 1490 miniPCI wireless will work and is available on ebay for under $20. I'll install that when it arrives later. The pen digitizer will work using the TabletMagic. But, as of now, I can't get the calibration set correctly so it's not of much use. Also, sleep doesn't want to work and occasionally the CPU will max out and the internal fan becomes a hair dryer in both speed and temperature.

Lee

1dude1

1dude1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I can confirm that you can install 10.4.8(JaS) on the Gateway M275. You will need to use the IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.7 to get the ethernet port working. The installed wireless won't work, but it seems that the Dell 1490 miniPCI wireless will work and is available on ebay for under $20. I'll install that when it arrives later. The pen digitizer will work using the TabletMagic. But, as of now, I can't get the calibration set correctly so it's not of much use. Also, sleep doesn't want to work and occasionally the CPU will max out and the internal fan becomes a hair dryer in both speed and temperature.

Lee

dude that sucks. i have the same laptop and linux always seems to be doing pretty well on it. try ubuntu its pretty power friendly, keeps my fan quiet when i'm not doing anything, also wireless works same with the tablet pen, card reader is still down. ethernet and everything else that i can find is working correct... except that the 3d rendering on my card is all backwards so things in the distance appear in the front and i'de show you the pic but you probably noticed the error in screensavers. so far i have had 3 great shots with ubuntu and am trying one more tonight(i'll post later) 6.04 & 6.10 &7.04 all work great, i'm on 7.04. as for 7.10 the screen stops working. and i'm about to try 8.04 because its' beta live release worked flawlessly and faster than my installed version, so best of luck to ya. and i hope that you really don't buy another wireless card. instead spend the money on ram or a better processor, the performance boosts are pretty noticible.

Quipacorn

Quipacorn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone, we have a Motion M1400 tablet, which we have verified does have a Wacom serial Digitizer. From windows, the key has been recognized as WAC004. There have been success stories of this functioning at least to near entirety, we have had no such success, i have followed all the steps in this thread, including some that have worked for other brands and models to no success. So far we have only been able to get the Jas 10.4.8 SSE2 distribution to function on the device, if perhaps the version is an issue i need to know exactly which version to use with the device. the digitizer is recognized as a "ISD V4.0 (TabletPC)", but with testing and all other attempts there is no response with the digitizer pen. Can anyone shed any light onto what may help? I can post any information needed from logs etc., i just need to know what would actually help.

Thanks in advance for any help, regards.

mgcmgc

mgcmgc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running Leopard on a Sahara Slate (ISD V4.0) and all is running great. Thanks to everyone and their hard work. I have one question regarding the TabletMagic Daemon. I have checked the launch at Startup button, but the tablet will not recognize my pen at startup. When I go into TabletMagic, the "Enabled" box has a "-" in it instead of a check mark. I am not sure why I have to enable it every time I turn on my machine. In order for TabletMagic to find my tablet, I had to check "Don't Query Digitizer". Does this have to do my problem?
Thanks again for all of your help.

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Interests:OSX, iOS, reprap, science!

I am running Leopard on a Sahara Slate (ISD V4.0) and all is running great. Thanks to everyone and their hard work. I have one question regarding the TabletMagic Daemon. I have checked the launch at Startup button, but the tablet will not recognize my pen at startup. When I go into TabletMagic, the "Enabled" box has a "-" in it instead of a check mark. I am not sure why I have to enable it every time I turn on my machine. In order for TabletMagic to find my tablet, I had to check "Don't Query Digitizer". Does this have to do my problem?
Thanks again for all of your help.

The problem with startup may be related to a change I made in the daemon startup arguments for 2.0b13 - specifically, the "daemonize" flag was dropped from the LaunchD arguments. Sometimes it's good to daemonize, sometimes it's not, and Apple's documentation is a little confusing on this point with regard to LaunchD daemons. I suspect if you check the Console app (system.log?) and look at startup messages you'll see something like "Couldn't connect to IO Master Port" which is related to the bootstrap namespace in which the daemon is launched. (I/O Ports in different bootstrap domains can't always communicate with each other.) And this is subsequently related to whether the daemon runs as a child of LaunchD or daemonizes and becomes a child of the "root" namespace... or whichever one it ends up in!

So, to fix the startup issue, try editing the file /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist and add -d to the ProgramArguments section.

"Don't Query Digitizer" is needed on all TabletPC models in which the digitizer doesn't answer info queries, and it doesn't have any relation to the automatic startup issue.

mgcmgc

mgcmgc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for your response. Did it all but still coming up with the same conclusion. I am no longer getting the "Couldn't connect to IO Master Port" though. I will keep digging.

Another observation is that once I do "enable" TabletMagic, the "-d" is then deleted from the edited /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist file.

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Thanks for your response. Did it all but still coming up with the same conclusion. I am no longer getting the "Couldn't connect to IO Master Port" though. I will keep digging.

Hmm... The lack of a console message may just be a result of the fork... I'll keep looking into this as well.

ghostwheel

ghostwheel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
I solved the problem desribed below. Now my tablet works great! Thanks!!!

The solution was as described above in the thread. I copied /System/Library/Extensions/Apple16X50Serial.kext to my home directory, deleted it, rebooted, copied it back, rebooted, and all was well!!

---------

I'm trying to get the tablet on my LE1700 working, but no luck for now.
I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2
The "Enable TabletPC Digitizer" works, and gives me the string WACF004
I don't think the right serial port is/was added to my /dev directory. All I have there are /dev/tty?? ports, and the regular /dev/ttys00?. No serial0, or anything similar.
I also can not find any mention of Apple16X50Serial or 16x50 in any of my log files (other than the commends that edited Info.plist)

When I start TabletMagic, there is no Port: that I can select, other than "Automatic"

But I got it working now. See above.

Thanks!!!

P.S. The TabletMagic logs look something like this:
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] TabletMagicDaemon v2.0b13
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] © 2007 Thinkyhead Software <www.thinkyhead.com>
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] [INIT] renice -20 260 : Succeeded
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] [INIT] Machine Type: LE1700 (Hackintosh?)
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM System Preferences[170] Received [hello]
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM System Preferences[170] Received [port]
6/30/08 10:43:21 AM System Preferences[170] Received [none]
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] [PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 0) - (15239, 15239)
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] [PROC] Screen Bounds: (0, 0) - (1599, 1199)
6/30/08 10:43:20 AM [0x0-0x16016].com.apple.systempreferences[170] Could not initialize tablet.
and here is the relevant ioreg entry:
| +-o WACM <class IOACPIPlatformDevice, registered, matched, active, busy 0, retain 7>
| | {
| | "IOInterruptControllers" = ("io-apic-0")
| | "name" = <"WACF004">
| | "IODeviceMemory" = (({"address"=568,"length"=8}))
| | "_STA" = 15
| | "acpi-dstate" = 0
| | "_UID" = "0"
| | "IOPowerManagement" = {"CurrentPowerState"=2}
| | "IOInterruptSpecifiers" = (<0500000000000000>)
| | "acpi-dstate-mask" = 9
| | }

agnivarsh

agnivarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I wanted to report successful use of tabletmagic with the HP 2710p tablet. I had to edit the kext to add the appropriate wacom ID but after that it works. I also have the same problem of having to manually start the tabletmagic driver. One other issue I have is that the calibration is off - the cursor tracks about a centimeter to the right of the pen. Is there any way to fix this?
Scott - any thoughts?

stevenf

stevenf

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello, just checking in again on this thread a year later. :(

Has _any_ TC1100 user successfully gotten their digitzer working?

By editing the Info.plist of the kext to WACF005, I can confirm that the Apple16X50Serial kext loads at boot time. If you run kextstat, you can see it has matched and loaded. Any other value, the kext does not even load.

However even with the 16X50 kext loading, NO SERIAL PORT is added to the /dev directory. No serial0, no new cu.*, no new tty.*, nothing. So, obviously TabletMagic ain't gonna work without a serial port to talk to.

There was some chatter about a program that somehow "woke up" the digitizer's serial port and was necessary on Linux to get the digitizer to respond. Did anything come of this?

Looking for any TC1100 success stories here. :)

gusvic

gusvic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
I have a T4215 and have been trying for two days to make the digitizer and tabletmagic work. I have tried everything on the different threads but couldnt make it work.
I am running 10.5.2. Everything but the known non-working things works great.
Any help? Any ideas?
Thank you

ghostwheel

ghostwheel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

The problem with startup may be related to a change I made in the daemon startup arguments for 2.0b13 - specifically, the "daemonize" flag was dropped from the LaunchD arguments. Sometimes it's good to daemonize, sometimes it's not, and Apple's documentation is a little confusing on this point with regard to LaunchD daemons. I suspect if you check the Console app (system.log?) and look at startup messages you'll see something like "Couldn't connect to IO Master Port" which is related to the bootstrap namespace in which the daemon is launched. (I/O Ports in different bootstrap domains can't always communicate with each other.) And this is subsequently related to whether the daemon runs as a child of LaunchD or daemonizes and becomes a child of the "root" namespace... or whichever one it ends up in!

So, to fix the startup issue, try editing the file /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist and add -d to the ProgramArguments section.

"Don't Query Digitizer" is needed on all TabletPC models in which the digitizer doesn't answer info queries, and it doesn't have any relation to the automatic startup issue.

I have the same problem on 2.0b13 :
(CGSLookupServerRootPort) Untrusted apps are not allowed to connect to or launch Window Server before login
kCGErrorRangeCheck : On-demand launch of the Window Server is allowed for root user only.
and adding the key "-d" didn't help. I solved it temporarily by creating an application (using Platypus) that just executes:
launchctl submit -l tabletMagic -- /Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane/Contents/Resources/TabletMagicDaemon -c -n-20 -L0 -T0 -R24701 -B18473 -l0 -t0 -r1399 -b1049 -M1:1 -M2:7 -M3:2 -M4:6 -F

(I found the parameters by doing ps aguxww | grep -i tab, after starting tabletmagic manually)
Then I added this app to my LoginItems in the accounts settings.

Now my pen works on startup. Though there probably is a better solution to this.

gcn2000xl

gcn2000xl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I'm just posting in support of finding how to get the digitizer working on the TC1100. I just got one and it's the best computer I've ever had - it's awesome and if OSX could use the tablet it would be perfect. Great work so far and I will keep checking regularly on the updates of this great software.

agnivarsh

agnivarsh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I used the same technique as above (using Platypus) to have this work on my 2710p. Here is the script I used:
launchctl submit -l tabletMagic -- /Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane/Contents/Resources/TabletMagicDaemon -c -n-20 -L0 -T0 -R26220 -B16520 -l0 -t0 -r1279 -b799 -M1:1 -M2:7 -M3:2 -M4:6 -F -pserial0

Seems to work ok.

Thinkyhead

Thinkyhead

Scott Lahteine

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Seems to work ok.

Good that you found a workaround!

So, yeah, this is a Leopard issue involving bootstrap contexts, namespaces... whatever you want to call them. TabletMagic necessarily connects to the "window server" in order to be able to send tablet events to the system. This could probably be fixed by moving the LaunchD entry out of /Library/LaunchDaemons and into ~/Library/LaunchDaemons, where it will load on login instead of bootup.

I found this helpful page at dev.apple http://developer.app...RELOGINANDTRUST which describes the exact problem I'm having and points to a bit of sample code that shows how to properly make a pre-login LaunchD agent. I will be studying this and will include the necessary changes in b14.

gusvic

gusvic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
OK,
got 10.4.8 on a external HD and my T4215 works now great with TableMagic running on it. Would love to be able to use it on Leo ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy