TabletMagic for TabletPCs

521 posts in this topic

Scott,

I have TableMagic2b15 loaded and running on Kalyway 10.5.1 on a Gateway CX2610 tablet. It identified the tablet as ISD V4.0 on serial0 but the pen doesn't connect at all. The pen has no problem connecting on Windows XP Tablet Edition. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

As per this thread - http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=145282 I have iATKos 5i, upgraded to 10.5.6 on an lenovo x61t.

I installed ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext, and edited Apple16X50Serial.kext (WACF004 is correct for my tablet according to msinfo32 in vista) , and then fixed kext permissions all using kext helper.

I then installed TabletMagic v2 b15.

I see "Serial0" in the drop down, but no tablet is ever detected, and there is no TabletPC dialog (as discussed as present by many of these posts) ever shown in TabletMagic.

This was the case on 10.5.5 also, after trying that I reinstalled 10.5.5 before trying the 10.5.6 update.

• 2 weeks later...

For us who just can't get TabletMagic to detect our X61 Tablet as tabletpc (i.e. there's no tabletpc tab in the pref panel), I have butchered the source and the attached prefpane works for me. Basically I just deleted several known machine types in the constants.h file, and the resulting daemon now sees our vanilla-kernel-running tabletpcs as hackintosh (and they are) rather than genuine Macs. Obviously Scott implemented this as a useful feature for true Macs with external tablets, so the hack here is only meant for the hackintosh machines that disguise themselves so good that Tabletmagic couldn't tell...

TabletMagic.prefPane.zip

Thank you!!!

For us who just can't get TabletMagic to detect our X61 Tablet as tabletpc (i.e. there's no tabletpc tab in the pref panel), I have butchered the source and the attached prefpane works for me. Basically I just deleted several known machine types in the constants.h file, and the resulting daemon now sees our vanilla-kernel-running tabletpcs as hackintosh (and they are) rather than genuine Macs. Obviously Scott implemented this as a useful feature for true Macs with external tablets, so the hack here is only meant for the hackintosh machines that disguise themselves so good that Tabletmagic couldn't tell...

Hi all, long time no see! Such are the perils of full-time employment, not that I'm complaining.

I've just built a new version of TabletMagic with some adjustments that should get it to better recognize TabletPCs, even on the latest kernel which uses a standard Gestalt Mac ID value. This version should also connect at 38400 baud on those systems with digitizer string "WACF008." If anyone knows of other digitizers that run at this rate, I'll be sure and add them.

There are two builds. The first build (2.0b16) uses the 10.4 SDK, while the second build (2.0b16a) uses the 10.5 SDK with a 10.4 target. There should be no noticeable difference between them, although during the 10.5 SDK build XCode gave a friendly warning that daemon() has been deprecated. (Makes sense, as under 10.5 userland drivers run as LaunchD Agents instead of a LaunchD Daemons.)

Anyhow, download them here:

10.4 SDK Build:

http://thinkyhead.com/pub/TabletMagic2b16.dmg

10.5 SDK Build:

http://thinkyhead.com/pub/TabletMagic2b16a.dmg

This version hasn't been tested at all, so you'll be the first to have a crack at it. To get the proper startup behavior on "WACF008" digitizers, be sure to toggle the "Launch at Startup" checkbox, which will add "-3" to the daemon launch arguments.

I look forward to your results.

hi, ive been following your project since day one

finally got a chance to try it on my Acer Travelmate C310

used B15 version on OSX 10.5.6

checked the info.plist file and it is updated (automatically via the Enable option in Tabletmagic) to WACF004 which i confirmed is correct in windows

but it cannot detect my digitizer and the list only has automatic

i tried unchecking and checking that option under TabletPC tab

still didn't work...

do i have to manually enable the digitizer somehow so that OSX/Tabletmagic can see it?

how can i get a log to diagnose my problem and show you guys?

thanks

EDIT: made a typo its B15, the latest version

but it cannot detect my digitizer and the list only has automatic

If the computer's built-in serial port isn't visible then the enabler wasn't effective. This might be a general issue with the 10.5.6 kernel, but I can't confirm that. At this point I know of no one who has had success with 10.5.6.

On a Lenovo/IBM X61t should I change the ID to "WACF004" or "WACF008"? And will Tabletmagic work with both ?

Mac OS X requires one or the other, depending on your PC's built-in digitizer. Use the Enabler button in TabletMagic to set the proper value. You also need an additional enabler for the X61t. See the first post in this topic for details. Version b16 is the latest, linked from the first post and a few posts ahead of this one.

So to start things off, welcome! Here's where the project stands as of today, February 14, 2009:

GREAT! Thanks Scott, I just checked it out on my Lenovo X61 tablet (Kalyway 5.2 Install with Vanilla kernel) and it WORKED!

Which is great because I fiddled about with TabletMagic 2.0b15 and the tablet would never show up. With TabletMagic 2.0b16 and a modified ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext (having WACF004 already in the info.plist) I got the pulldown to select the serial port.

Like outZider described somewhere above I changed Rage to 24570 x 18430 and constraint all. Now the digitizer is perfectly working, which I tried instantly with Photoshop CS2. Which worked well.

Cheers and big thanks to Scott!

GREAT! Thanks Scott, I just checked it out on my Lenovo X61 tablet (Kalyway 5.2 Install with Vanilla kernel) and it WORKED!

Which is great because I fiddled about with TabletMagic 2.0b15 and the tablet would never show up. With TabletMagic 2.0b16 and a modified ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext (having WACF004 already in the info.plist) I got the pulldown to select the serial port.

Like outZider described somewhere above I changed Rage to 24570 x 18430 and constraint all. Now the digitizer is perfectly working, which I tried instantly with Photoshop CS2. Which worked well.

Cheers and big thanks to Scott!

I have an x61t too and I was trying to write a guide to help others with it and have never managed to get any response from my tablet,

what is this modified ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext ?

I've tried modifying Apple16X50Serial.kext putting in just WACF004, i've tried putting it in an array with PNP0501, neither has worked for me with TabletMagic (any version)

I've tried 'enable digitizer' with Tabletmagic 2.0b16 on a clean unmodified Apple16X50Serial.kext, this also did not work.

I've also tried all of the above with the ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=673968

If I install ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext with Apple16X50Serial.kext (from 10.5.6) modified by 'Enable Digitizer' in 2.0b16 then I get a warning that it has been incorrectly installed and can not load.

What exact steps did you take and where did the modified version of ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext come from please?

I have an x61t too and I was trying to write a guide to help others with it and have never managed to get any response from my tablet,

what is this modified ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext ?

I've tried modifying Apple16X50Serial.kext putting in just WACF004, i've tried putting it in an array with PNP0501, neither has worked for me with TabletMagic (any version)

I've tried 'enable digitizer' with Tabletmagic 2.0b16 on a clean unmodified Apple16X50Serial.kext, this also did not work.

I've also tried all of the above with the ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext from http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=673968

If I install ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext with Apple16X50Serial.kext (from 10.5.6) modified by 'Enable Digitizer' in 2.0b16 then I get a warning that it has been incorrectly installed and can not load.

What exact steps did you take and where did the modified version of ThinkPadTabletEnabler.kext come from please?

Look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1084210

Post #268

As far as I remember, the X60 tablet worked without the enabler. Remove the enabler, as it'll screw with it, and just change the Apple16X50ACPI.kext to WACF004 from PNP0501 , and it should start right up. It almost made me trade in my X61 for the X60 before figuring out how to make the enabler.

Maybe that's the point.

I'll try again, but I've booted many times with and without the enabler.kext installed already.

I rebooted into osx and it works, using a manual edited Apple16X50Serial.kext I had tried before and the first thinkPadTabletEnabler.kext I'd found, I'm not sure what I had last changed for it to have worked :D

• 2 months later...

I've been using tablet magic successfully for a long time on my motion LE1700. Thank you very much!! Everything works very nicely :rolleyes: .... except for one tiny problem.... :rolleyes:

I can set tablet magic to work well on a dual screen setup (i.e. when using an external monitor), and I can set it up without one. But when I switch from dual to single screen setup, tablet magic becomes confused, the cursor is always on the left edge of the screen, and I haven't ever managed to make the pen work afterwards on the internal screen, other than restarting OSX....

I'd be happy to provide more info! Just say what...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to share my success story.

I've got OS X running on a Motion C5 with TabletMagic working. I do have to run an Automator script each time I log in that navigates to the testing tab and selects "Get Info" underneath the data stream before it works. This isn't a big deal but it would be nice if there were a way not to have to do this.

Next, I've got OS X running on the Motion J3400 with less than stellar results from TabletMagic. TabletMagic is telling me it sees an ISD v4.0 (Tablet PC) digitiser, but from what I've read this may just be the default action of TabletMagic. I've been messing around with it for a couple of weeks now and no matter what I try I can't get it to work. I've even been talking with one of the tablets designers (my dad works for Motion which has made this a bit easier) and neither of us can seem to get it to work.

Any tips for either of those questions?

I'm on summer break right now so I can easily do any testing quickly.

Hey everyone, sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I wanted to share my success story.

I've got OS X running on a Motion C5 with TabletMagic working. I do have to run an Automator script each time I log in that navigates to the testing tab and selects "Get Info" underneath the data stream before it works. This isn't a big deal but it would be nice if there were a way not to have to do this.

Next, I've got OS X running on the Motion J3400 with less than stellar results from TabletMagic. TabletMagic is telling me it sees an ISD v4.0 (Tablet PC) digitiser, but from what I've read this may just be the default action of TabletMagic. I've been messing around with it for a couple of weeks now and no matter what I try I can't get it to work. I've even been talking with one of the tablets designers (my dad works for Motion which has made this a bit easier) and neither of us can seem to get it to work.

Any tips for either of those questions?

I'm on summer break right now so I can easily do any testing quickly.

Hi Emory,

First, is it always "Get Info" and nothing else works? If so, maybe I can add that to the startup sequence.

Second, For each computer, send me the output of the Terminal command (for example): ioreg -lx >~/Desktop/motionc5.txt so TM can look for your digitizer model in the i/o registry before trying to send a Get Info command. You'll find my support email address in the first post of this topic.

As for your J3400, there may be an additional enabler required to get the tablet to start responding, or it may not have an RS232 serial digitizer at all. I will know more after I've done some research on this model. Or, if you or your dad can provide any insight into the hardware on that system, it may help me get it working.

• 2 weeks later...

The new TabletMagic (beta 16) almost works on my Multi-touch x61 tablet (WACF008). However, as compiled, it will fail. I left a note on the SourceForge page containing the error message. It turns out there's a slight oversight in the daemon that causes it to reject the -3 argument. "3" is not included in the getopt call.

Line 620:

c = getopt(argc, argv, "cdFhmoqwXi:p:n:l:r:t:b:L:R:T:B:M:s:");"

should be:

c = getopt(argc, argv, "cdF3hmoqwXi:p:n:l:r:t:b:L:R:T:B:M:s:");"

Basically, to resolve this, I installed the compiled beta, grabbed the source from CVS and made the above change. I then recompiled the daemon and replaced the old version in the PreferencePane Resources. Right then I moved to the Preference Pane, fired up the daemon and started to configure it. The pen works fine: moves properly on the screen, buttons work, 256 levels of sensitivity, etc. No touch data appears to be coming through, though. I imagine that it's being discarded.

Give Scott some time and I'm sure he'll recompile the binary when he's able. For those too antsy to wait, you've got the steps. Or you can grab XTO's Daemon and set it 19200 (I think it internally uses 38400).

Please note that I am not responsible if you (or anyone else) destroy or otherwise deleteriously affect your computer by following these steps. I claim no ability or desire to support you through the procedure. It's a very do-it-yourself kind of process. But it worked on my machine. I'll post a recompiled Daemon later, when I reboot into OSX.

On another note, for Thinkpad x61 tablets, I would recommend that anyone using the old ThinkpadTabletEnabler.kext remove it and install this tablet enabler (found on this thread) instead. It has both the WACF008 and WACF004 ids, so the only kext editing needed is in the Apple16X50Serial.kext. And the source for the TabletEnabler is available as well, for the curious.

The problem with startup may be related to a change I made in the daemon startup arguments for 2.0b13 - specifically, the "daemonize" flag was dropped from the LaunchD arguments. Sometimes it's good to daemonize, sometimes it's not, and Apple's documentation is a little confusing on this point with regard to LaunchD daemons. I suspect if you check the Console app (system.log?) and look at startup messages you'll see something like "Couldn't connect to IO Master Port" which is related to the bootstrap namespace in which the daemon is launched. (I/O Ports in different bootstrap domains can't always communicate with each other.) And this is subsequently related to whether the daemon runs as a child of LaunchD or daemonizes and becomes a child of the "root" namespace... or whichever one it ends up in!

So, to fix the startup issue, try editing the file /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic.plist and add -d to the ProgramArguments section.

"Don't Query Digitizer" is needed on all TabletPC models in which the digitizer doesn't answer info queries, and it doesn't have any relation to the automatic startup issue.

Hi

my pen gets recognised on startup and works for a few seconds. After that TabletMagic didnt find my pen anymore. After killing the daemon manually and rechecking the enabled checkbox the pen starts and keeps working until i restart.

I cant find the file you mentioned above to toggle the daemon.

Im using a hp tc4200 with iPC 10.5.7

Thanks! :)

I've just posted TabletMagic 2.0b17d1 which includes some changes in TabletPC handling.

• Enabled the broken -3 argument for the sake of "WACF008" digitizers. (Thank you Aenin!)
  • Now processes and reports any reply from the Get Info (*) query.
  • No longer tries to send a UD setup string to non-UD tablets.
  • Slightly modified binary packet handling for all tablet models.

Please try this version and let me know how it works. Be sure to toggle "Launch at Startup" to ensure a good startup line in the LaunchD entry. For all tablets, in spite of the instructions in the Lenovo thread, you don't need to edit the Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist file manually. The "Enable Digitizer" button in TabletMagic will do exactly the right thing for all TabletPC systems.

When reporting your results be sure to include the output of Console.

Thanks and good luck!

Thanks Scott!

Until now, it seems to work perfect! :(

Thanks for all your work!

For anyone who has problems with the daemon starting up proberly, try disableing your internal bluetooth device and reinstall with a new Apple16X50Serial.kext.

• 1 month later...
I've just posted TabletMagic 2.0b17d1 which includes some changes in TabletPC handling.
  • Enabled the broken -3 argument for the sake of "WACF008" digitizers. (Thank you Aenin!)
  • Now processes and reports any reply from the Get Info (*) query.
  • No longer tries to send a UD setup string to non-UD tablets.
  • Slightly modified binary packet handling for all tablet models.

Please try this version and let me know how it works. Be sure to toggle "Launch at Startup" to ensure a good startup line in the LaunchD entry. For all tablets, in spite of the instructions in the Lenovo thread, you don't need to edit the Apple16X50Serial.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Apple16X50ACPI.kext/Contents/Info.plist file manually. The "Enable Digitizer" button in TabletMagic will do exactly the right thing for all TabletPC systems.

When reporting your results be sure to include the output of Console.

Thanks and good luck!

I (finally) registered on this forum, partially to thank you for all your hard work, also to share a few experiences:

I installed TabletMagic 2.0b17d1 on my iATKOS HP TC 4400 to run last night and. The digitizer would work for a few seconds, then stop.

Looking at the logs, I noticed that there were two daemons started. One would get started, renice itself, then a second or two later another would start. Well, here, let me show you:

7/29/09 1:30:59 AM	com.apple.launchd[1]	(com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic) Unknown key: ServiceDescription	
7/29/09 1:30:59 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[iNIT] Remapping Stylus Eraser to Right Button	
7/29/09 1:30:59 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	TabletMagicDaemon v2.0b17d1	
7/29/09 1:30:59 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	© 2001-2009 Thinkyhead Software 	
7/29/09 1:30:59 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[iNIT] renice -20 96 : Succeeded	
7/29/09 1:31:00 AM	com.apple.launchd[61]	(com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic) Unknown key: ServiceDescription	
7/29/09 1:31:00 AM	com.apple.launchd[61]	(com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic) Ignored this key: UserName	
7/29/09 1:31:00 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	[iNIT] Remapping Stylus Eraser to Right Button	
7/29/09 1:31:00 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	TabletMagicDaemon v2.0b17d1	
7/29/09 1:31:00 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	© 2001-2009 Thinkyhead Software 	
7/29/09 1:31:00 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	[iNIT] renice -20 108 : Succeeded	
7/29/09 1:31:02 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[iNIT] Digitizer ID: WACF004	
7/29/09 1:31:02 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	[iNIT] Digitizer ID: WACF004	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 0) - (24569, 18429)	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[PROC] Screen Bounds: (0, 0) - (1023, 767)	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[PORT] serial0: OPENED	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[PORT] Setting speed to 19200	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[PROC] "~#ISD V4"	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[iNFO] ISD V4.00 (TabletPC)	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	[iNIT] TabletPC Detected	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	Tablet Settings (imposed):	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	command set ..... Tablet PC	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	output format ... BINARY	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	terminator ...... CRLF	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	packet size ..... 9	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	baud rate ....... 19200	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	data bits ....... 8	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	parity .......... N	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	stop bits ....... 1	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	cts ............. OFF	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	dsr ............. OFF	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	transfer mode ... suppressed	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	coord sys ....... ABS	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	transfer rate ... 200	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	resolution ...... 1270 lpi	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	origin .......... UL	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	oor data ........ OFF	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	pnp ............. ON	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	sensitivity ..... firm	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	read height ..... 8mm+	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	mdm ............. OFF	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	tilt ............ ON	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	mm command set .. MM1201	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	orientation ..... landscape	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	cursor data ..... 1234	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	remote mode ..... OFF	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	increment ....... 2	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	interval ........ 2	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	xrez ............ 1270	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	yrez ............ 1270	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	tablet width .... 24570	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	tablet height ... 18430	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]	Tablet initialized.	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	/Library/PreferencePanes/TabletMagic.prefPane/Contents/Resources/TabletMagicDaemon[108]	[ERR ] Couldn't create a local message port!	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.apple.launchd[61]	(com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]) Check-in of Mach service failed. PID 108 is not privileged: com.thinkyhead.tabletmagic.daemon	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	[PROC] Tablet Bounds: (0, 0) - (24569, 18429)	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	[PROC] Screen Bounds: (0, 0) - (1023, 767)	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	Error setting TIOCEXCL on /dev/cu.serial0 - Resource busy(16).	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	[PORT] serial0: OPEN ERROR	
7/29/09 1:31:03 AM	com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[108]	Could not initialize tablet.	
7/29/09 1:31:20 AM	com.apple.launchd[1]	(com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]) Exit timeout elapsed (20 seconds). Killing.	
7/29/09 1:31:20 AM	com.apple.launchd[1]	(com.thinkyhead.TabletMagic[96]) Exited: Killed	

So PID 96 starts, then 108, they wrestle over resources, and nobody wins.

Manually removing the LoginWindow element from the launchd plist seemed to fix it. According to http://devworld.apple.com/technotes/tn2005/tn2083.html (I just discovered that while typing this post):

If you set LimitLoadToSessionType to an array, be aware that each instance of your agent runs independently. For example, if you set up your agent to run in LoginWindow and Aqua, the system will first run an instance of your agent in the loginwindow context. When a user logs in, that instance will be terminated and a second instance will launch in the standard GUI context.

My guess is, even though my mac is set to launch directly into desktop and bypass the login screen, it still goes though that state briefly during boot, long enough for TabletMagic[96] to start but launchd doesn't kill it in time for the second TabletMagic[108] to start. That's just a guess though.

Anyway, that's solved (for me anyway) for now. My next hurdle is, after a few minutes of use, the mapping suddenly gets corrupted and it's almost like the tablet bounds get reset to 1/5th of what they were (in other words, my pen is maybe an inch from the top left corner of the screen, yet the cursor is somewhere around the middle). I'm going to plug away at that and see if I can figure out what's going on.

Thanks again for your hard work. I'll donate one of these days :whistle: