Intel DG965WH Motherboard OS X Installation

LordSte

29 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

I would like to share this.

The DVD that uses for the installation is Uphuck 1.4. It contains all the driver to boot from SATA CD ROM in DG965SS motherboard. The only problem is the onboard display X3000 not works.

You also need AppleHDAPatcher to make the sound works.

You can update further to 10.4.11 without any problem.

Installation of Leopard is however, not yet successful at the moment.

• 6 months later...

OK guys....I wasted two weeks to find out how to make this puppy work....all in all at least it wasn't in vain. Yes you heard right!! The following specs is what I have and as you can see is very simple in a sense, as I usually don't do much with my PC.

I do own an Intel DG965WH and a Core 2 duo E6300

1 SATA hard drive

1 IDE DVDRW

1 Nvidia Geforce 7100 GS

1 Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - And that is it. Ethernet is built-in which is Gigabit.

O.K. First of all I used Jasc.XX-no luck, then I managed to get iATKOS-no luck. And last I managed to get Leo4ALLv.3 I experimented in many ways to achieve that best install, but all seem to fail "at least this time I got past the still waiting for root problem" Anyhow, I noticed that no matter what you do you can't do customize install, so you have to stick with default as is.

Here we go...first acquire the disc, make sure its integrity is good and it's bootable.

Then go into the BIOS and select drive options. In there you will leave IDE native and change from SATA IDE mode to SATA AHCI mode. Some people claim that HPET on/off shouldn't matter but mine is on and it works.. so it's up to you.

Then boot with disc inside..as the countdowns begins press f8 and type "-v" withouth quotes of course. It'll do its things via command line until it gets to the installer. Please note that prior to this your partition needs to be formatted as RAW. Yes you heard right! Mine didn't work in any way, not even unallocated as they recommended. Negative-it didn't work. So please save time and do RAW which usually you can do it in VISTA/XP by not assigning a letter to the drive and not formatting with any file system. Well enough of that.

Now in the installer, just go to disk utility, from there you need to select the desired partition and format (erase) in MAC OS Extended Journaled. Once done, the installer itself should mount the drive automatically and get it ready for the OS install. On the last windows for install it shows the drive available for install, select the only drive there, which is the one you just formatted/erased. Click install "NEVER CUSTOMIZE" and skip optical disc checking if you wish... Install done, now reboot with disc inside...at count down again press f8. Now type "-s" without quotes and type the remaining portions of the procedure at the last prompt.

fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0

flag 1

quit

reboot

Please note that this might destroy your Vista/XP MBR but you can do fix it with the Windows disc. At this point MAC OS know where it is and what drive to boot from...You will have to go through another process to do the dual boot.. But you can find that on Google.....After all, you only needed to get MAC OS X installed succesfully. Hope this simplicity helped you.

Oh one thing buddy...no drivers were picked up...The OS booted without Nvidia drivers, no Ethernet and of course no sound. So in essence is useless per sa. I had to install an old 11yrs old PCI Ethernet to get internet until a good sould helps me out.

Thank You and Good Luck!

BTW...I typed this in my MAC OS. :D

• 2 years later...

I had the problem of "Still Waiting for root device" and is not problem with the STA adapter but with the chipset, so look into the "hardware" section, main hardware and try to see if you can find the right chipset controler, see also for the booting flags ... the problem i got now is with the ethernet adapter, i can see it on the PCI Cards on the System Preferences but it keeps telling me that the controller is not installed, ... how can i install the controller of the intel 82566 dm-2 nic?

sound is not working either.