28 replies to this topic

zascok

zascok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Success Story with 10.4.9 and Intel DG965SS

- Installed JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3 under VMWare (on real partition)
- upgraded with koolkal 10.4.9 combo update intel sse3 hpet (inside VMWare)
- selected Patches for ICH8
- Reboot (select AHCI Method for SATA Controller in BIOS)
voila!

For integrated Sigmatel Audio Controller use HDA patcher (just search for it in forum search)
For Intel 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller there is no working driver atm sad.gif

Greetz,
Nord

Can someone share good working real HD image for dg965wh. I do believe it will solve all our problems. Thx in advance.

zef

zef

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 152 posts
I think this would be a great board for hackintosh if we could solve the marvell pata ide port support and the onboard 82566DC lan support. Used a custom installed system for testing (The base system installer came from a Mac Pro 10.4.9 DVD then updated to 10.4.10) and everything works except pata ide and oboard lan.

Wardialer

Wardialer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
Posted Image

DG965SS
Intel G965 Express Chipset, consisting of:
Intel 82G965 Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel 82801HB I/O Controller Hub (ICH8)

DQ965GF
Intel Q965 Express Chipset, consisting of:
Intel 82Q965 Graphics Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel 82801HO I/O Controller Hub (ICH8DO)

DG965WH
Intel G965 Express Chipset, consisting of:
Intel 82G965 Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH)
Intel 82801 I/O Controller Hub (ICH8). Refer to Table 2 on page 11 for a list
of manufacturing options for the ICH8 component.

(from Table 2)
One of the following:
Intel 82801HR ICH8R
Intel 82801HH ICH8DH

my device id in AHCI is 2821... is that one included in the ICH8 patch (kext)?

zef

zef

InsanelyMac Geek

• Retired Developers
  • 152 posts
Didn't applied any patches or modifications to anything (used a stock Mac Pro 10.4.9 DVD for install base). All 6 sata ports are detected as Generic AHCI Port.

Shanems3

Shanems3

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
http://forum.insanel...showtopic=67274

this is how to get the board working, once it was setup, install took about 10-15 min

lan and sound still doesnt work, but i used usb sound and pci nic

zascok

zascok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

[url="http://forum.insanel...owtopic=67274"]
lan and sound still doesnt work

try AppleHDAPatcher_v1.16+STAC9271D.txt
it works nice for 10.4/10.5

CK Lee

CK Lee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
I would like to share this.

The DVD that uses for the installation is Uphuck 1.4. It contains all the driver to boot from SATA CD ROM in DG965SS motherboard. The only problem is the onboard display X3000 not works.
You also need AppleHDAPatcher to make the sound works.

You can update further to 10.4.11 without any problem.

Installation of Leopard is however, not yet successful at the moment.

camf33

camf33

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK guys....I wasted two weeks to find out how to make this puppy work....all in all at least it wasn't in vain. Yes you heard right!! The following specs is what I have and as you can see is very simple in a sense, as I usually don't do much with my PC.
I do own an Intel DG965WH and a Core 2 duo E6300
1 SATA hard drive
1 IDE DVDRW
1 Nvidia Geforce 7100 GS
1 Sound Blaster Audigy 2 - And that is it. Ethernet is built-in which is Gigabit.

O.K. First of all I used Jasc.XX-no luck, then I managed to get iATKOS-no luck. And last I managed to get Leo4ALLv.3 I experimented in many ways to achieve that best install, but all seem to fail "at least this time I got past the still waiting for root problem" Anyhow, I noticed that no matter what you do you can't do customize install, so you have to stick with default as is.
Here we go...first acquire the disc, make sure its integrity is good and it's bootable.
Then go into the BIOS and select drive options. In there you will leave IDE native and change from SATA IDE mode to SATA AHCI mode. Some people claim that HPET on/off shouldn't matter but mine is on and it works.. so it's up to you.
Then boot with disc inside..as the countdowns begins press f8 and type "-v" withouth quotes of course. It'll do its things via command line until it gets to the installer. Please note that prior to this your partition needs to be formatted as RAW. Yes you heard right! Mine didn't work in any way, not even unallocated as they recommended. Negative-it didn't work. So please save time and do RAW which usually you can do it in VISTA/XP by not assigning a letter to the drive and not formatting with any file system. Well enough of that.
Now in the installer, just go to disk utility, from there you need to select the desired partition and format (erase) in MAC OS Extended Journaled. Once done, the installer itself should mount the drive automatically and get it ready for the OS install. On the last windows for install it shows the drive available for install, select the only drive there, which is the one you just formatted/erased. Click install "NEVER CUSTOMIZE" and skip optical disc checking if you wish... Install done, now reboot with disc inside...at count down again press f8. Now type "-s" without quotes and type the remaining portions of the procedure at the last prompt.
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0
flag 1
quit
reboot
Please note that this might destroy your Vista/XP MBR but you can do fix it with the Windows disc. At this point MAC OS know where it is and what drive to boot from...You will have to go through another process to do the dual boot.. But you can find that on Google.....After all, you only needed to get MAC OS X installed succesfully. Hope this simplicity helped you.
Oh one thing buddy...no drivers were picked up...The OS booted without Nvidia drivers, no Ethernet and of course no sound. So in essence is useless per sa. I had to install an old 11yrs old PCI Ethernet to get internet until a good sould helps me out.
Thank You and Good Luck!
BTW...I typed this in my MAC OS. :D

charlymex

charlymex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I had the problem of "Still Waiting for root device" and is not problem with the STA adapter but with the chipset, so look into the "hardware" section, main hardware and try to see if you can find the right chipset controler, see also for the booting flags ... the problem i got now is with the ethernet adapter, i can see it on the PCI Cards on the System Preferences but it keeps telling me that the controller is not installed, ... how can i install the controller of the intel 82566 dm-2 nic?
sound is not working either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy