45 replies to this topic

sev7en

sev7en

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:AIEN
Congrats, it looks promising! Downloading it now...

ExExibit

ExExibit

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
hi all
please share empty and bootable dmg or iso
thanks

Laci

Laci

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys!

Where can I get the latest DVD iso that can be installed on an AMD 64 X2 processor based PC?
I am very new to MacOS but would love to try it and use it instead of Windows.

Thanks,
Laci

spartango

spartango

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
nice work! I was wondering, if i have a JaS 10.4.8 installer iso, can i edit it to be a live dvd (with the os usable instead of just the installer)? I don't really want to partition my machine with a new OSX installation.
If so, how? thanks.

esy0345

esy0345

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Dumb ? When I run the installer, it asks for my password, but no password works and it just closes. ??? help

DrCR

DrCR

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• Create a new partition with OSX 10.4.8 and 8.8.1 kernel. Configure it as you would like your Live DVD to be. Make sure it is smaller than the size of a DVD since that is what it must fit on.

To install 10.4.8 on your partition, it is best to follow the Pastebin or Paulicat methods.

As a minimum, install 10.4.6 or 10.4.7 and get it functioning. Then install the Apple 10.4.8 Combo update. Before reboot, be sure to install the 8.8.1 kernel. And install the Paulicat AppleSMBIOS.kext. After reboot, configure your installation as you would like your Live DVD to be.

10.4.8 and 8.8.1 kernel resources can be found here.

I'd like to create a Live DVD for my SantaRosa MBP using the official DVDs that came with it. At this point I'm not at all concerned about the Live DVD's universality, so would it be safe to skip all but the first two sentences of Step 1?

Thanks,
DrCR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy