Earphone Recommendations

Bartboy919

25 posts in this topic

After going through about ten Earphones that came with my iPod/Zune/Zen Vision:M, I have decided I go through to many hoops to get a new pair of earphones for free from the maker. It has also come to my attention that the iPod buds are very crappy quality compared to other earphones. I would like some recommendations on a good pair of earphones that can be replaced quickly and easily, but also sound and feel good. I also go to sleep with my current ones, and would like it to not be "in ear" Any price is fine but I would prefer cheaper than $70.

Thank in advance

So you're looking for headphones not earphones then?

I have done quite a bit of research in this area for my own headphones purchases and have found head-fi.org and their forums to be an amazing resource as that is pretty much THE definitive headphone enthusiast website.

Not at all, and if someone wants to listen to your music, they quickly change their mind :)

They are so comofrtable, that once they are in you cant feel that they are there, no jokes

If you really wanna drop a little bit ($140 XD) then I'd suggest the Bose Around-Ear Headphones. I'm really happy with them.

Bose is like the single most hated company among audiophiles who really know what makes good sound, because with a Bose product, you pay for about 70% marketing and 30% product.

I have a pair of 20$ Sennheiser HD201's that dance circles around every Bose headphone currently in production.

Bose is hugely overpriced for the quality of the products they make.

I was looking over at cnet and found these

32098286-2-300-overview-1.gif

They look nice. and have a good rating to!

On a side note, I dont need headphones that have the best stereo surround or whatever, I will be listening to all my music in Mono because I am deaf in one ear. I wish they would give you half price for just half a pair of earphones :P

• 3 months later...
Not at all, and if someone wants to listen to your music, they quickly change their mind.

They are so comofrtable, that once they are in you cant feel that they are there, no jokes

Yeah I can only confirm this, my Philips SHE 9501 In-Ear-Headphones for 30€=40$ are so comfortable that after wearing them for 10min u don't really know that u are still wearing them. And the sound quality is sooo much better than the apple ones.

I have a $50 pair of Sony noise cancelling headphones that I am absolutely thrilled with, I'll post the model # later, they sound great, and the noise cancelling works amazing. my only problem is that I blew out the speaker on my 1st pair because I crank my iPod...ALWAYS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...