Has Vista fullfilled your expectations?

cringemaster

Almost a month after its release, Has Vista fulfilled your expectations?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Fullfilled?

• Very Fullfiled - Its AMAZING, Worth the wait!
    • Fullfiled - Nice new features...
    • Neither Fulfilled nor Disappointed - Nice update, but could've been better
    • Disappointed - Kinda hoping for more...
    • Very Disappointed - It took six years for THIS?
    • (null) Have not used Windows Vista - Just want to see the polls
  2. 2. Have you switched or planning to switch?

• Yes, I have switched to Vista
    • No, I have not switched to Vista
    • Yes, I plan on getting Vista
    • No, I do not plan on getting Vista
    • (null) Just want to see the polls
  3. 3. What features fulfilled or disappointed your expectations (According to the End-User features on Wikipedia)

• 1 - User Interface - Fulfilled
    • 1 - User Interface - Disappointed
    • 2 - Search - Fulfilled
    • 2 - Search - Disappointed
    • 3 - Sidebar - Fulfilled
    • 3 - Sidebar - Disappointed
    • 4 - IE7 - Fulfilled
    • 4 - IE7 - Disappointed
    • 5 - Media Player/Media Center - Fulfilled
    • 5 - Media Player/Media Center - Disappointed
    • 6 - Update - Fulfilled
    • 6 - Update - Disappointed
    • 7 - Security - Fulfilled
    • 7 - Security - Disappointed
    • 8 - Editions and Pricing - Fulfilled
    • 8 - Editions and Pricing - Disappointed
    • (null) Have not used Windows Vista - Just want to see the polls

56 posts in this topic

Vista is a big let down. I'm running it on both a desktop and laptop... first off the support for pro audio is worthless. it's just not a good OS for recording musicians. it requires twice the memory xp required...so it's really sluggish on my 1.4ghz 512mb laptop. then there's this whole Basic-to-Ultimate thing. a complete sham. I think it will take a long time for majority to transition to Vista. I think people KNOW Vista was created to benefit MS and not the user...and I think people are just tired of being reamed by MS.

I think people KNOW Vista was created to benefit MS and not the user...and I think people are just tired of being reamed by MS.

They may KNOW it, but they sure as hell don't care. That is why MS is able sell it's dirt and be a monopoly after all.

hecker

Well, I'd say I'm rather satisfied...I had 2-3 betas and RC1 and RTM installed, the final is really a bit faster and "better". My hate thing is why does Vista 32bit still not see my 4Gb Ram? It's the same as with XP only 3,1 Gb Ram, XP64bit shows the full amount and OSX also !

So I'd say Vista is XP with SP3 + some nice gimmicks.

I like to see that some hacks are working fine till now...so saved some money for Apple Hardware :thumbsup_anim:

Edit: how to make a screenshoot with Vista ? Snipping tool is hmm...

Edited by me@home

To me is a big disappointment, let's check.

1.-Sharing is a nightmare in cross platforms.

2.-Five years of development, one year in the wild with the betas and you barely found the drivers for hardware.

3.- UAC is annoying and overzealous, you must think could be done less paranoid.

Resuming, after the first impression with the aero thing, I think people are going to found Vista is XP with better dress, but, with a lot of contradictions, there is a say "if it work, don't change it", then, why change things that work with XP. OS must be made to make your live easy, not to put an extra strain in you, FIVE YEARS of development to make things even harder? that is going backwards. :whistle:

It blew me away.....

as some one puts it in 6 monthes u will see vista run mroe stuff then Wine as done in the past 10 years.... drvies are alwazs way better on windows...... adn whast this aobut a fake Desktop Engen.... snizzzle the buitl in search is flawless... even when u do not have the fodler or drive indexed it still works.... how ever ya whast with this 5 diffrent veriosn.... they shoudl have just sold Ulmita edition only.

and why do many hate the UAC its ment to be paranoid.. How many of thoses avriges home user wil actully brake vista like they did to XP? and if your a pwoer user just turn it off... duh

per5osnly I hate how linux dose it.. tlak aobut a pain in the ass.. vista only ask u to ckick yes or no..... linux asks u for a password...... to me that jsut wasting my time...

Edited by MadDoggyca