OS X Wont start

Eric.C

8 posts in this topic

I'm almost sure this topic's been posted before, but i cant find it anymore, so here my problem...

I isntalled OS X on VMware

everything was fine and when it was time to restart at the end, it restarted but i kept on getting this screen

untitledal0.jpg

What system do you have (e.g. Intel/AMD SSE2, SSE3). Are you installing from a physical DVD or an image? If you install from an image, mount it with DAEMON Tools and then point VMWare to DAEMON Tool's virtual DVD Drive letter (e.g. "G:\").

Make sure you installed the correct patches (when installing, click "Customize" and install the patches appropriate for your system).

What system do you have (e.g. Intel/AMD SSE2, SSE3). Are you installing from a physical DVD or an image? If you install from an image, mount it with DAEMON Tools and then point VMWare to DAEMON Tool's virtual DVD Drive letter (e.g. "G:\").

Make sure you installed the correct patches (when installing, click "Customize" and install the patches appropriate for your system).

i have a pentium 4, it suppoorts mmx, sse, sse2 and sse3.

i installed from an image mounted with alcohol 52%

no i did not install any patches

k, i've installed the patches, but now i'm stuck at the gray screen. It does nothing, the spinner just keeps on spinning, however, there is disk activity, i have wated up to 20 minutes but it's stuck there

untitledik7.jpg

k, i've installed the patches, but now i'm stuck at the gray screen. It does nothing, the spinner just keeps on spinning, however, there is disk activity, i have wated up to 20 minutes but it's stuck there

untitledik7.jpg

Are you mounting the image with VMWare instead of Alchohal 120 or Deamon tools?

nm, it's working, i just had to wait 2 hours (i wet out for dinner, and os x settings came up when i came back)for the screen to go away, now everything works except internet. any ideas? im uset NAT and my real network adapyter is a Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010