Rhapsody Help...

(MoC)

4 posts in this topic

I need help with disableing power management when booting from the floppy. The reason I need this is that when I try to install it the mach kernel install freezes at "power management is enabled".

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Probably your optical drive. I went through 5 of 'em before I found one that worked (I already had them lying around). One of them failed at that point. Another possibility is that you're using the boot floppies for the wrong Rhapsody CD: DR1 floppies with DR2 CD and vice-versa. Still another possibility is that you have too much RAM in your system. At the boot loader, type "maxmem=196608" (without quotes).

I would recommend you just install it in VMWare. I know that the allure of running Rhapsody native can be pretty compelling, but it's so incomplete and buggy, I guarantee that you won't want to use it for more than 5 minutes after you install it. At least with VMWare Fusion, you can run it with all the trimmings (NIC, hi-res color display, etc...). Plus Rhapsody's not very Mac-like either. The UI is much, much closer to OpenStep than the Macintosh OS at the time (or even now).