IRC Server for Mac OS X Server

BlackShadowWolf

11 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I recently (today) acquired Mac OS X Server 10.4 from ebay for a relatively cheap price. I was wondering if there were any IRC server software apps available that I could use because I want to turn my iMac G5 into something useful :P. I have plenty of harddrive space etc so I know it can handle it, Im just curious about bandwith usage as I dont want to look like Im doing anything illegal -_-.

And if that doesnt work, any other ideas that can use Tiger Server let me know, Im not letting this go to waste :P.

For irc use unrealircd and why did u pay for the server 0.o , its on demonoid :P . Hmm, a webserver, make ur own blog, and stuff like that

Cool thank you, I bought it because

A: I actually like Apple software and I believe I should pay some for it.

B: It was only $200 for unlimited client edition=very good deal :thumbsup_anim:.

C: Serial numbers are now validated and will kill some of the software if it turns out to be wrong O.o.

from the wiki: In versions 10.4 Tiger and later, Apple included the serialnumberd daemon to Mac OS X Server to validate license information over UDP port 626. This has caused some controversy among server administrators as serialnumberd overrides an explicit administrator firewall security setting to keep its copy protection functional.

Keep ideas flowing please, I need all the help I can get :P.

Why you didn't just go for an ADC Select Student membership is beyond me.

Then, you get a real copy of Server and all the other fun stuff that goes on ADC.

Sure, you do not get access to the Pre-Release OSes, but you get a final copy when they go gold.

Add to that that you get a pretty nice discount on hardware.

ADC Student sends you client and server and you get monthly mailings as well, im thinking of getting adc select so i can get pre-release, it acutally doesnt out to be that expensive (AUD$60 per month)