10.4.9 - 8P130 PPC + 8P2130 Intel Leaked

Adrian Fogge

53 posts in this topic

I would have this leaked out but Mr. Mountain Dew did not agree with my MacBook; Macbook is now visiting the nice folks at Apple. My OiNK account is doing poorly also.

:P

I make sadface.

022107_22591.jpg

Mt. Dew and MacBook are best friends on my dorm desk. They hang out next to Mr. Samsung who lives in the Logitech neighborhood. Hewlett packard is down the street and the console gang lives under Mr. TV's roof.

Edited by Ampidire

Help save my Oink account and download 10.4.9.

If you do so, I will ensure you that you will get access to the latest and greatest that Apple has to offer faster than anyone else can get them to you!

If in 48 hours people do not download 1GB from me, then I will not be able to get the newest stuff to you.

Why dont you set the PPC one up then?

getting PMs mainly from users with either 0 or 1 messages.... in hindsight it might not be the best idea to send to them.

Err, I am the only one who posted with a low post count. It was my first post.

You can hardly expect me to have been reading this section much before as I just bought my first mac! Its a Powerbook G4 titanium 400mhz 640mb :whistle: , still it's a start... Quite impressed how well it handles 10.4.8, the real disappointments are that it cant do 1920x1200 (it can do 256 colours, nice retro effect :) ). For what I cost I can't complain...

On that subject, is there a 'tweak' guide as such for removing anything I might not need? CPU usage seems to be where it struggles most.

try 10.3.9, system requirements went up quickly with Tiger.

my Tiger install is broken! I tried to install it normally, and the volume was crossed out, so I tried with pacifist, and then I couldnt get to a GUI on restart, just the Darwin login. I started the WindowServer and now I have the normal pale blue 'loading' screen. Same happened when I installed from Leopard.... I'll leave it working away for a while and try something else :):(

update: repaired permissions, repaired disk from the install DVD - still the same

any ideas anybody?

Edited by Embio

To cut to the chase, do you even have the PPC version? I'm guessing not. I have a mighty 20.9% of it...

Is there a reason people shouldn't be getting it? I'm fairly new to all this mac based updates stuff.

Yes there is a reason people shouldn't get these developer updates.

Because they're beta, not to be publicly released, and are meant for those that pay for access these updates via the Apple Developer Connection website.