Intel Audio Drivers

jricks92

13 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! I can't seem to find any drivers that work for my audio. I've tried just about everyone of them i can find. If any one has the drivers for an Intel 82801BA/BAM AC97 audio, please post them here! Also, is there any drivers to get a nvidia vanta (yes i know my video card sucks :P ) working with quartz extreme or core image? And yes i have searched through the forum and have found nothing that works.

Edited by bmxer55

• 1 month later...

i did the kextstat but AppleAC97Audio does not show up. I've tried the kextload command to try and get the AppleAC97Audio.kext and the AppleAC97AudioIntelICH.kext to load. They load but i have no audio and nothing shows up in the Audio MIDI Setup Application.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, Im pretty sure you and I have the same audio chipset.

Can you see the volume icon near the clock?

If not go here and follow the instrucions carefully. You're are going to be using the IntelICH kext not the other one.

do everything exactly in the terminal as the wiki tells you to and you should be fine.

Once the kext is loaded and you reboot (p.s. this isn't in the instructions) go into Audio/Midi under utilities and select the properties for the second AC97 in the dropdown list.

next to format in the bottom right set channels as 6ch and go to configure speakers, change left to 3 and right to channel 6.

You should now have sound.

Let me know if this works/doesn't work.

• 3 weeks later...
OK, Im pretty sure you and I have the same audio chipset.

Can you see the volume icon near the clock?

If not go here and follow the instrucions carefully. You're are going to be using the IntelICH kext not the other one.

do everything exactly in the terminal as the wiki tells you to and you should be fine.

Once the kext is loaded and you reboot (p.s. this isn't in the instructions) go into Audio/Midi under utilities and select the properties for the second AC97 in the dropdown list.

next to format in the bottom right set channels as 6ch and go to configure speakers, change left to 3 and right to channel 6.

You should now have sound.

Let me know if this works/doesn't work.

thx

this works!!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey I really need my audio working!! I've been searching around the forum and the internet for about a year now and haven't found anything!! Everything on my hackint0sh works except the sound. I really don't want to go buy a usb audio adapter either. If i were to get any external sound device it would be an m-audio firewire solo ($250) so i could record my guitars and stuff. So if there is any way i could get this to work i would really really appreciate it.

Once again the ID's are as follows:
             Dev ID: 2445
             Ven ID: 8086

I've read that some people have been able to get this to work but there are no instructions on how to do so. Please help me! :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...