dell dimension E520: apple plist not found

Bouldermac

2 posts in this topic

This system has 2 gig ram, and an internal sata drive, dual core processors.

I have no interest in dual boot.

The sata is not formated.

Used the 10.47 JAS repack, burned on a mac.

First used toast - got "apple.plist not found"

Found this was a problem went back.

Reburned using disk utility -- same error.

If I don't use the verbose, to log errors, I get to the apple start screen -- but with a circle and line on it.

So tried and make an external USB drive. I cloned my curent drive -- without the system -- from a g4 mac onto a GPT external.

I then ran the JAS, and it sucessfully installed. However, I can't boot from the external. I've used drive set-up -- nada, it won't boot from the drive.

Tomorrow eve, should I bother and try and make just streight external boot from a jas install -- that is, install just the system onto an external?

Help please!

• 256MB PCI ExpressTM NVIDIA® GeForce® 7300LE TurboCache7
  • ATI X1300 Pro 256MB
  • Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X3000 (Intel® GMA X3000)
  • Intel® G965 Express Chipset
  • Intel® Pentium® D 805 with Dual-Core Technology (2.66GHz, 533FSB)

Are the specs.

I've tried turning off one processor, I changed in BIOS something about speed boot -- NADA -- no boot.

I've seen many plist posts, but not one that fixes the thing. I can create an editable disk image in disk utility. If I did so, could I fix the install plist?

My bios has few options -- if I try and make my external a boot, nada, even though it is a SuperDuper! made copy of the 10.47 install.

I'm torrenting every mac OS there is. Is there a way I could change the Jas Image? I can make it writeable, and if I did, how would I add/change el plist?

Help please!

Edited by Bouldermac