Can't get Intel PRO/100 VE built in ethernet working

Blinkin

55 posts in this topic

well i m new in mac os x world and in this forum i try to install mac os x86 in my laptop (pavilion dv5000 ) last night i spent few hours to do a native install of 10.4.1 version into my pc and i make it work ( not bad for n00b :rolleyes: ) but i spend over 7 hours to make my built-in ethernet to work but nothing :censored2:

i ve got this intel pro/100 ve built in ethernet i did everything i saw in here but still i cant fix it anyone can step by step help me pls

i ve updated my mac os x instalation from 10.4.1 to the version 10.4.8 - no ethernet

i ve replace the IONetworkingFamily to the one from 10.4.3 vesrion - no ethernet

i ve try all the AppleIntel8255x.kext i found on this forum related to intel pro 100 ve - no ethernet

anyone can help ???

i m getting not a budle run kextload -t for diagnostic when i run the kextload -v to /system/library/extension/appleintel8255x.kext

any posible solution ????

the id is 0x10928086 under 945GM chipset if help

If I go in the finder to /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ and then Get Info for AppleIntel8255x.kext. I see that the kind is "Kernel Extension (PowerPC)" and not Intel or Universal.

Maybe this is the problem. I had the same problem with the Apple3Com3C90x.kext. I solved this by downloading the source files and recompiled them. Unfortunately the 3com driver files are the only sources i could find.

This is what I did to get the 3Com Ethernet working:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...ork&st=299#

I ran into the exact same issues that you have. I finally found an IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 and if memory serves I just replaced the existing one. I have gotten the Intel PRO/100 VE it to work on an Intel 845GBV

I did this, I just took it up to my hackintosh, it worked. All I did was throw it in /System/Library/Extensions/ I authorised and Overwrote.

Checked Permissions and Repaired Permissions.

Restarted and the ethernet works great.

Thanks for the help.

Btw, I'm running 10.4.9

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't work for me either... I just replace de 10.4.8 kext for the 10.4.3, repair and reboot. I can see it on network preferences, but still can't conect to internet, on my HP Dv1660ca, green button is always on, but the activity yellow button is not. Helppppp !!!!!

Didn't work for me either... I just replace de 10.4.8 kext for the 10.4.3, repair and reboot. I can see it on network preferences, but still can't conect to internet, on my HP Dv1660ca, green button is always on, but the activity yellow button is not. Helppppp !!!!!

N@sh,

I still had to manually set up my connection. If you are seeing the device, you're almost therre. Now just manually set your IP & DHCP and such.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi GUYS,

I had been facing a problem.

I have tried all methodsof connecting on MAC but I failed.

I have MAC OS X 10.4.8 installed on:

Motheboard: INTEL PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION (D945PLRN)

Chipset: INTEL i945P/PL/G/GZ

Can I have LAN working on 10.4.8 with this configuration?

The IONetworkingFamily.kext also applies to certain Realtek models, including the chipset used on the Netgear FA311 and others, just for future reference.

• 1 month later...
Download IONetworkingFamily 10.4.3.kext.zip from this thread (thanks director_atx!)

Edit AppleIntel8255x.kext and add your device (as described in this PRO/100 howto)

$ sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

$ sudo kextload -v /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext

## Got no errors this time - everything loads fine

$ sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

$ sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

Reboot and check Sys Prefs > Network to see the built in ethernet

Thanks!!!! Worked like a charm for me on a R51 IBM 1836 Q2U

:) now off to wireless and QE on this... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I burned the networking extensions zip file, then moved it to the other computer, and unzipped it. I archived the old extensions and then dragged this one to the proper location - and I had to authenticate.

Next I logged into the command line tool in utilities, and changed the root passwd with passwd root, then su and put that password.

I ran diskutil RepairPermissions / like was suggested above.

This fixed my corrupted 3Com 905 problem! Thanks for the advice!

Now on to fixing my ATI card to go above 1024x768 hopefully :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I ran into the exact same issues that you have. I finally found an IONetworkingFamily.kext from 10.4.3 and if memory serves I just replaced the existing one. I have gotten the Intel PRO/100 VE it to work on an Intel 845GBV

Ohhhh Yeaaaaaa!!! It Worksss!!!

SWEET!

Intel PRO 100/VM ftw