Post a picture of your computer area

Guest bikedude880

105 posts in this topic

UH UH UH. Yea baby!

sawtooth.jpg

KORE server room (old pic). All Slackware Linux. The Thermaltake (Athlon 2800) is hosting these pics.

NOC.jpg

My Beige G3 500!!!!

JDs-Beige.jpg

Studio Machine @ Home - OSx86 box (BETTER PIC)

The one on the Left is the Hackintosh. The middle one, the little Compaq, is a Slack 11 home studio server (http://cloudrunner.no-ip.org/), and yes, that is an original G3 500 FlowerPower on the right.

post-18909-1178686304_thumb.jpg

iBook G3 300 Clamshell, Her name is iMutt. You can see why.

post-18909-1178687017_thumb.jpg

Come on guys, post some pictures.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
iRISH, very nice setup.

But I wonder if the mac mouse poster was put up just for the shot? :thumbsup_anim:

And also at first I thought it was bikedude880's setup.

I have actually had that up for awhile. It came with my old iMac G4, I thought it looked kinda cool.

This is my main system, I finally cleared my desk when I lost some important papers.

post-43041-1178169124_thumb.jpg

post-43041-1178169124_thumb.jpg

OMG, I hate to tell you, but those models had a SERIOUS design flaw.

If your CPU gets too hot, your heat sink will literally FALL OFF.

Since the beginning of the year, I have replaced close to 40 of those little plastic holders, and probably 6 boards. You NEED to strip that cheap chinese plastic {censored} off that machine, and put a REAL heatsink and fan on it, that is, unless you want it to catch fire. :unsure:

Is that lotion next to your computer!!!?? :)

EDIT: To..uh...moisturize your hands I assume :)

HA, we have the same desk. :plane:

OMG, I hate to tell you, but those models had a SERIOUS design flaw.

If your CPU gets too hot, your heat sink will literally FALL OFF.

Since the beginning of the year, I have replaced close to 40 of those little plastic holders, and probably 6 boards. You NEED to strip that cheap chinese plastic {censored} off that machine, and put a REAL heatsink and fan on it, that is, unless you want it to catch fire.

What are you talking about? Dimension 1100. What cheap chinese plastic {censored}, you mean that stuff on the front of it? This system has three fans, a CPU, a Power Supply, and graphics card fan. I bought this computer in 2006, I think around July and it runs fine and I have never had problems with it.

This system is on a lot, I run a web server so It runs at least 8 hours a day, sometimes more. Are you talking about that green thing inside it? That opens up to a fan and stuff.