Software update

mantekamakintosh

74 posts in this topic

Problems since installing the three new updates from Apple:

Apple Security Updater 2007-002

Apple Daylight Saving Time 1.0

Apple Java 2 SE 5.0r5

I used coolbits' patch SecUPD07-02.txt, but with no luck.

In iTunes, I can't see track information:

Picture%201.png

And Synchronize! Pro X hangs when launched, unless you launch it using Rosetta. Even then, it hangs when trying to complete a backup.

Any thoughts?

[sorry, coolbits, I didn't see your post two up saying that you'd look into the iTunes prefs. I'll keep an eye out.]

AMD Athlon 64 1.8GHz, 1GB RAM, ASUS K8V-X, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (128MB)

Edited by hawkeye

BillyBlue77, you're a Saint. iTunes (and Synchronize! X Pro) both work flawlessly now!

coolbits, thanks again for your patch.

Since this "fixer" installs a copy of CarbonCore, can a change be made to your patcher, coolbits, that fixes this problem?

Since this "fixer" installs a copy of CarbonCore, can a change be made to your patcher, coolbits, that fixes this problem?

The .txt patch i made has all cpuid checks that exist in "carboncore" and with that, the new one comes patched same as the one in BillyBlue77 link... except new one doesnt work ok... (iTunes prefs)

Maybe apple put in some other sort of cpuid protection but i cant find anything :( maybe Myzar will.

I have java running 100% after the update, are you sure it's not coincidence?

Thanks for the Feedback

I unistall update Java 10 release 5 and reinstalled release 4 and long behold Java is back to normal.

I am not sure why the Java update didn't work in my case.

Which version of OS X and Kernel are you running?

Did you tried doing the speed test at dslreport web site with Java plugin?.

There is no way for me to get into my mac now and because ive tried to boot once and it hangs on startup. Now i cant write to my mac hard drive with Macdrive. Can someone help me modify the following instructions to reflect an install of the files located on a cd. Thanks

1. -s

2.mount -u -o rw /

3.chmod +x patcher

4. ./patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

5. sh /etc/rc * or reboot*

Hi- I just installed the updates to a tubgirl 10.4.8 nativer install and patched too; now finder doesn't work. Any way to get it back ? or find the cpuid ? I downloaded a cpuid program in linux but I didn't get anything in the format in that patch file.

HELP !!! please ?

It's an athlon 64 3200+ Venice core btw.l

Helob, I'd like to uninstall release 5 and go back to release 4. I can't find any instructions to do that. Can you lend a hand?

Thanks in advance

Rich

Hi,

Download release 4 from Java site. Use Pacifist to install it.

Best of luck & report result.

The following did not work for me:

Type the following at the prompt.

1. -s

2. sh etc/rc

3. mount -u -o rw /

4. chmod +x patcher

5. ./patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

What I did was:

1)Before reboot! I downloaded http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=8491 and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=6303

2) Unzip both and put them both in the same folder in the root.

3) Run the security updates and reboot the computer.

4) In the prompt type -s -x (without safe mode some drivers do not work in single user mode for me)

5) sh /etc/rc

6) mount -u -o rw

7) cd /<folder name of the files you downloaded> (mine was cd /patcher

8) chmod +x patcher (I didn't have to do this, but putting the step in anyways.)

9) ./patcher secupd.txt

10) ./patcher SECUPD07.txt

Now everything should be good to go! :)

I know there isn't much difference between what I wrote and others wrote, but who knows. It might help someone out.

Hi,

Download release 4 from Java site. Use Pacifist to install it.

Best of luck & report result.

Using pacifist to reinstall back to previous java release 4.0 got my java apps working again on my intel hackintosh... limewire, auzerus... for now :)

thx helob

Using pacifist to reinstall back to previous java release 4.0 got my java apps working again on my intel hackintosh... limewire, auzerus... for now :P

thx helob

I am glad it worked for you too :P .

Have a good day.

The following did not work for me:

Type the following at the prompt.

1. -s

2. sh etc/rc

3. mount -u -o rw /

4. chmod +x patcher

5. ./patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

What I did was:

1)Before reboot! I downloaded http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=8491 and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=6303

2) Unzip both and put them both in the same folder in the root.

3) Run the security updates and reboot the computer.

4) In the prompt type -s -x (without safe mode some drivers do not work in single user mode for me)

5) sh /etc/rc

6) mount -u -o rw

7) cd /<folder name of the files you downloaded> (mine was cd /patcher

8) chmod +x patcher (I didn't have to do this, but putting the step in anyways.)

9) ./patcher secupd.txt

10) ./patcher SECUPD07.txt

Now everything should be good to go! :)

I know there isn't much difference between what I wrote and others wrote, but who knows. It might help someone out.

Yay ! That finally worked ! What's that secupd patch ? That one did it ! :whistle:

Daylight Savings Time just broke my install (SSE2). I am getting a restart message after the boot screen.

Edit: This error was actually unrelated to the update. No problems reported.

Edited by BaselineAce

Sorry... how can i apply the patch if Osx won't boot and i can see only a fat32 shared partition... from windows. If i boot with F8, -s and so on... i can't see fat32 anymore and no pendrive, floppy etc. please help me... i'm stopped.

I just installed Jas 10.4.8 SSE3 on my Dell XPS M1210 (Intel) laptop. I followed the guide (which whoever posted did a fantastic job) posted on this web site and everything works perfectly. After the first time I got everything working I did an update and selected everything (like a moron) and everytime I selected Mac OS X in grub (triple booting with XP and Fedora) it kept rebooting. Even when I tried to boot into single user mode no good.

I re-installed everything and it is working great but would like to keep it up to date. I was hoping somebody might have an answer for me.