Software update

mantekamakintosh

74 posts in this topic

Ok before going to work today i checked this update for cpuid checks the only thing that updates in Coreservices is CarbonCore.framework and it has cpuid checks... so will not work unpatched on AMD...

I made a quick patch for "patcher" but didnt have time to test it yet so here it is if someone wants to test on AMD.

Im not 100% sure yet this will work so your warned...

Nice work on the cpuid patcher. It is great to see people stepping up to keep this whole thing alive.

Hi together,

I have an AMD CPU and the _tubgirl_ release running on my Hackintosh (@Asus A8N-SLI Dlx, AMD Athlon 64 3000 Venice). It's running really stable and fast... :P

The only thing I crashed was iChat 1.0 but thanks to coolbits I was able to fix that with the patcher.

The only things I haven't installed until now are all the security updates (last one of 2006 and the two of 2007). Is there anything in the "old" security updates that force to run the patcher (except the latest update)? If so, what lines have to be added to the amd_1048_xxx.txt ?

Thanks in advance!

Billy

Edited by BillyBlue77

Caution! Caution!

Java Release 5 broke Java References.

Just installed update Java Release 5 on my Jas 10.4.8 on Intel SSE2/3.

Found problem on sites that use Java. Safari just quit without displaying the site/program.

I have tried loading a few sites and all just closed Safari and return to Desktop.

Dslreports (www.dslreports.com/stest)on speed test has option of running on Java or flash plugin.

Flash test runs fine but not Java. Did not encountered this problem before Java Release update.

Anyone experience similar problem?

Edited by helob

Ok, so thing is I applied all three updates to my AMD machine yet before I knew about the problems.

What can I do in order to fix it without reinstalling my whole system?

Would it be sufficent, to just replace the file CarbonCore along with iChatAgent in order to make it boot again???

(And if so, can someone please gently provide me these files since my Mac is now broken :-( )

Please help!

Edited by mainsail

For all of you having problems... you need maxxuss patcher file which i will not provide.

Put patcher to root / along with my SecUPD07-02.txt and then just type in terminal:

sudo /patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

enter

enter your password and your done...

same can be done in singleuser mode.

For all of you having problems... you need maxxuss patcher file which i will not provide.

Put patcher to root / along with my SecUPD07-02.txt and then just type in terminal:

enter

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=245712

enter

For me the patch don't apply in singleuser mode,

i had boot in another partition with os x ,

i modified SecUPD07-02.txt with the new path for the patcher and did in the terminal

enter

sorry for my bad english!! ;)

krowten

I only updated java and the saving time, I am scare to install security update 2007 002 :thumbsup_anim: I have 10.4.8 intel version

I am also running Jas 10.4.8 but with kernel 8.4.1 on Intel 3.0G.

Java Release 5 broke my Java References.

Found problem on sites that use Java. Safari just quit without displaying the site/program.

I have tried loading a few sites and all just closed Safari and return to Desktop.

Dslreports (www.dslreports.com/stest)on speed test has option of running on Java or flash plugin.

Flash test runs fine but not Java. Did not encountered this problem before Java Release update.

Did you have any problem accessing sites requiring Java/Java plugin?

Pls advise how I can uninstall the Java update and revert back to the previous Java version.

Thanks

enter

For those that don't know what singleuser mode is and will have problems I thought I'd detail it step by step.

1. Get the patch from coolbits. Get maxxus patcher. Put them in root.

2. Install updates, reboot computer.

Type the following at the prompt.

1. -s

2. sh etc/rc

3. mount -u -o rw /

4. chmod +x patcher

5. ./patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

You should be good to go now, best of luck.

Caution! Caution!

Java Release 5 broke Java References.

Just installed update Java Release 5 on my Jas 10.4.8 on Intel SSE2/3.

Anyone experience similar problem?

I have java running 100% after the update, are you sure it's not coincidence?

The problem I'm having is like a black line .. So I'm not sure if its java related.

But I was paranoid so I removed the install =\

Type the following at the prompt.

1. -s

2. sh etc/rc

3. mount -u -o rw /

4. chmod +x patcher

5. ./patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

You should be good to go now, best of luck.

If you type sh /etc/rc, you'll boot :(

1. -s

2.mount -u -o rw /

3.chmod +x patcher

4. ./patcher SecUPD07-02.txt

5. sh /etc/rc * or reboot*