Third Thursday of The Month...

Fizzeh

30 posts in this topic

No news whatsoever.

For years, Apple has seeded Monthly Developer Previews on the 2nd Thursday of the month.

Just this last month, Apple decided to push it back a week (possibly due to MacWorld, but that is just speculation).

As we did not get anything on the 8th, it is reasonable to assume that we will get one on the 15th as Apple did say that they would be giving out Monthly Seed Updates via ADC.

The problem with dealing with Apple is that even after a release, everything is speculation.

Remember everyone, Apple does not generally release until the Afternoon in the Pacific Timezone.

If we do not get it by 7:00 PM PST, 8:00 PM MST, 9:00 PM CST or 10:00 PM EST, then it is not coming.

The earliest I have ever seen one go up has been 2:30 PM PST, with builds usually going up around 4:30 PM PST.

Latest that I have ever seem something go up was 7:00 PM PST, so guess that they still have 13 minutes... either that, or we will end up with a new latest time that things get posted.

Or we will end up with going away from a normal schedule.

But even then, it is probably better that we have nothing than something that gets errors when trying to install or will not run most apps.

Hopefully there will be one and it is just very far down in the queue for stuff to be uploaded, validated and activated.

But am not holding out much hope there.

I am done logging in once every half an hour to see if there is anything new. Gonna wait till I get the seed update e-mail. Usually doesn't come for a good 6 hours after something is released, but then you know for sure.

Im assuming if it doesnt come today it should come soon, it did look like their were a lot of bugs in the last build, hopefully most of them are crushed.

Well, we know that there needs to be a new iTunes release to work with AppleTV. We also know that iTunes and the audio stack have some issues that prevent playing audio from purchased videos.

There is also talk that AppleTV will give support for screen sharing between the AppleTV and Leopard but nothing has been confirmed there.

Add to that that Apple is offering reduced pricing for ADC Members for AppleTV. That is not the case with the iPods or other peripheral devices.

Perhaps Apple is going to be releasing the next build simultaneously with AppleTV.

All this is just speculation, but Apple did say at WWDC that they would be releasing Monthly Seed Updates to Developers.

We are in uncharted territory.

For years, Apple has seeded Monthly Developer Previews on the 2nd Thursday of the month.

Where did you get that information?

I just checked the release dates for each Developer Preview of Panther and Tiger and they are all over the map. I've got Tu, We, Fr, Su of the first week of the month, Mo of the second, Tu, We, 2 Fr, 2 Su of the third and We, Th, 2 Fr, Sa and Su of the fourth.

In fact there are only two (Leopard) seeds that were released on a 2nd Thursday of the month in the last 5 years.

Edited by supercow