• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

cloverbay

cloverbay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
i've tried installing & apparently, only the Jas 10.4.8 works for the 965 chipset. (mine was the ordinary Jas, not the 1.ppf ver)

the 1st thing to do is to set the SATA & JMicron settings to AHCI via BIOS.

next i used the XP disc to partition my HDD, but MUST be primary partitions

then install winXP, but MUST have a floppy with the AHCI driver (needed for "press F6 for other drivers") otherwise XP won't install in AHCI mode

after XP is installed, pop in the Jas OS X.4.8 disc & follow thru the installation

after OS X, i did a dual boot using chain0 method. maybe you can boot into OS X alone w/o XP dual booting. i don't know cos i still depend on XP for daily work.

the last part is the most tedious... drivers installation & tweaking for the OS X, which can be found in this forum contributed by cool guys/gals here. :D THX!!

i found that the OS X recognises my IDE Plextor burner (via JMicron) w/o special patch. not sure about the RAID though, if thats what you are running.

genomespam

genomespam

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
clover what and where is the w/o special patch for jmicron ?

cloverbay

cloverbay

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
oh... from prev page, Bruce has put a link to where a patch is found in order for OS X to recognise the JMicron 363 chip. i found the OS X recognises it (i'm not not in RAID, just AHCI). so maybe there isn't a need for the patch afterall.

anyone can confirm? thx. :)

prspectiv2

prspectiv2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Thanks, Bruce Wang! I'm going to try this with my MSI P965 Platinum. Same JMB and ICH8r...

Greets on this great scene.. i just need a favore.. Bruce.. i have no idea of Chinese, and i need that patch, could you please upload it on rapidshare or something like that????

Uhhmm me again... well, nevermind.. Godbless translate.google.com :)

No, sir... Babelfish.Altavista.Com forever! Haha..
Anyways, here's a rapidshare for those who would like it:

ICH8: http://rapidshare.co...8patch.zip.html
ICH8R: http://rapidshare.co...Rpatch.zip.html

karmatose

karmatose

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
You sir, are a god. Thanks prspectiv2.

Mr-Mur

Mr-Mur

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Hi, pals!

I got a little prolblema: my RAID 0 array is NOT apperared at System Profiler... I got only two SATA disks, separately.

Intel D975XBX - 2*80Gb SATA Seagte + 250Gb Seagate SATA
Mac OS X 10.4.8 installed onto IDE Seagate 80 Gb hard.

HDDs are connected to ICH7-R's SATA ports (not additional Marvel's chip), RAID array created thru Intel Matrix Storage tool.
SATA is enabled afer applying a bikedude880.ich7r.pkg.zip kext patch (can be found at http://forum.insanel...showtopic=43785).

All hards have NTFS file system, so could it be a reason of these disks can not be initialized and mounted???

Attached File  SATA.jpg   54.87KB   206 downloads

As you can see, I have two 80's ST380811AS, which are detected as two separate HDDs... but in windows there's only one RAID hard drive, with capacity 160Gb.

mastrchee

mastrchee

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Retired
  • 66 posts
the patch works..but only when I disable AHCI in the bios. I have a ICH7-M & i would prefer to use AHCI. Any info on this? Please help?

Sedna

Sedna

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

All hards have NTFS file system, so could it be a reason of these disks can not be initialized and mounted???

Yes. You need to create the RAID array under Mac OS X to make the system recognize it (Apple Software Raid).

dragonmel

dragonmel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
a new twist. I have a badax where the windows install is on a strip array and the osx install is on a seperate sata drive that is not part of the array. I can boot that osx install fine when the drives are set to ahci in the bios but not when the bios is set to configure sata as raid. If I boot a osx install that I have on IDE when the system is set for raid it recognizes and I can use any non strip sata drive.

Any way I can keep my system set for raid yet still have acronis or some other method boot the sata os x install??

Thanks

bottleNeckKiller

bottleNeckKiller

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

ICH8: http://rapidshare.co...8patch.zip.html
ICH8R: http://rapidshare.co...Rpatch.zip.html

I do not have the hardware to test these drivers but hardware is coming. I like somebody to confirm that these drivers work?

Zulu.Walker

Zulu.Walker

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Interests:Film/TV Post-Production<br />Independent Films<br />Music<br />Literatur...
The ICH8 Patch works for the first two ports on a Gigabyte GA-965P-S3, still no go with the last 2 ports. There must be something to make those last two ports to work, I don't think it's impossible.

ICH8 + JMicron GA-965P-S3 = still two SATA (purple JM) and two more AHCI (orange ICH8). IDE works even before the supplied ICH8 patch. Last two orange ICH8 AHCI ports still not detected by OS X.

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
found this on google:
http://rapidshare.co...de880.ichXr.ppf
figured i'd save some people some time.

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I installed JaS 10.4.8 with this patch, but now my IDE DVD drives are not detected. any ideas why?

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
I installed JaS 10.4.8 with this patch, but now my IDE DVD drives are not detected. any ideas why?

ergosteur

ergosteur

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

xpuser

xpuser

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have done everything right according to vertigo173.. after I go to the disk utility I can not see my drive to instal my Mac OS X jas thing.. can anyone Help me

siriusbox

siriusbox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
ToH Leopard Install DVD lacks of these drivers, there is any way to apply the patch to ToH DVD too?

Thanks!

Tarun Dhruv

Tarun Dhruv

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi......

I can't able to download the patch as I don't have demoniod account.

so can any give another link where can i download.... the patch......

Thankx in advance...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy